Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Ajayi hangs v Liverpool

Post by Flex Swift »

West Brom 0-1 nil down against Leeds now it is 2. West Brom 3-0 down playing @home only 36 minutes gone. Looks like game over score is now 4-0
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ANC wrote:
waka-man wrote:He’s a good CD. Maybe our best at the moment.
Positionally strong, good in the air, not bad with the ball.
Don’t let his languid style deceive you; the dude works his #$% off.
Watch his without the ball; he’s constantly pointing and organising the defence, sniffing out trouble.
I thought he could have done better with Mane’s goal yesterday. But to be fair Mane was moving all over the place and even the very best would have struggled with that. But later in the half, it’s Semi’s pressure that prevented Mane from getting another.
He’s not the second coming or anything, but in our current glut of ok CDs, Semi is probably the best for now.

He is better as a defensive midfielder, honestly.
I would take any of Balogun, Kenneth etc over Ajayi any day.
Where were u when Ruhr played him at DM vs Algeria? :roll:

IMHO, he did well.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Beautiful header! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Useless player in a useless team. Among the lot of Ajayi, lookman, Aina, and the other useless player at Fulham, the only SE caliber player among them is Aina. The rest should be drafted in our CHAN team. That's where they belong!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1naija wrote:
Useless player in a useless team. Among the lot of Ajayi, lookman, Aina, and the other useless player at Fulham, the only SE caliber player among them is Aina. The rest should be drafted in our CHAN team. That's where they belong!
I agree with you. That Ajayi is Yobo part 2.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

YemiBrazil wrote:
1naija wrote:
So in addition to being a useless player on a useless team, he coaches the SE also?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1naija wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
1naija wrote:
So in addition to being a useless player on a useless team, he coaches the SE also?
Hmmm we are watching his career trajectory.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ajayi na real 'short-1' today vs Arsenal. :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Damunk wrote:Ajayi na real 'short-1' today vs Arsenal. :oops: :oops: :oops:
The whole team was garbage. Even the goal by Lacazette that he first cleared against his post, he was the one that blocked the first shot that rebounded to Laca. Where were the other defenders? I don’t think he was worse than his team mates.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
AJAYI HANGS vs WOLFS

Post by jette1 »

Semi is the man 2-3
But all these soft penalties is ruing the beautiful game
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AJAYI HANGS vs WOLFS

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

For a defender, Ajayi's goal ratio is quite impressive
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=302835

And let the critics come to lambaste the guy.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:For a defender, Ajayi's goal ratio is quite impressive
He's got more EPL goals than Iheanacho.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote:Semi is the man 2-3
But all these soft penalties is ruing the beautiful game
Wolves no Wolfs( there is nothing like wolfs)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:For a defender, Ajayi's goal ratio is quite impressive
He's got more EPL goals than Iheanacho.
he got more minutes that Kele this season( Kele has more EPL goals )
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Semi Ajayi

Post by Damunk »

Semi Ajayi: 'I always planned to play for Nigeria'
By Alex Howell
BBC Sport
Last updated on 29 January 2021
From the section Sport Africa
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/55853859

Super Eagles player Semi Ajayi talks about his family's pride in him.
Semi Ajayi has said that he had always wanted to play international football for Nigeria.

The London-born West Bromwich Albion defender, who was also eligible to play for England, qualified to play for the Super Eagles through his parents.

"When I was at Charlton, I had already represented Nigeria at under-20 and under-21 level. I'd always envisioned myself progressing to the first team," the 27-year-old told BBC Sport Africa.

"When I got promoted with Rotherham, I was playing week in week out in the Championship.

"That season I got a call from the Nigeria team saying that they had been monitoring my progress and they would like to offer me an invitation to the first team.

"I was buzzing, I was over the moon. Then I made my debut a couple of weeks later against Seychelles.

"It's a surreal feeling pulling on that jersey and knowing that you are representing 200 million people. I'm blessed to be part of the 18 or 23 people selected to represent the country. It's something I don't take for granted."

Ajayi, who now has 14 senior international caps, used to spend summers in Nigeria with his family before he turned professional.

"Before I started playing football full time, I used to go there every other summer with my family," he explained.

"Now that my time off in football is different to the time my mum gets off from work, I don't go as often. I still go back four times a year for the internationals and then sometimes in the summer."

A long journey
Nigeria defender Semi Ajayi celebrates a goal for West Bromwich Albion
His journey to the Super Eagles and the Premier League began in the youth ranks at Charlton Athletic before signing a contract with the senior team and being loaned to non-league Dartford for a season.

At the age of 20 he moved to Arsenal and despite playing in several friendlies for them and even being named on the substitutes bench for several Premier League games he never made the breakthrough.

He went onto have stints at Cardiff City, AFC Wimbledon, Crewe Alexandra and Rotherham before signing for the WBA. He even had a stint on trial at Ajax.

"When I left Arsenal, they allowed me to go and train at clubs and have a look at clubs and explore my options. Ajax happened to be one of them. It was a really good experience and I enjoyed it a lot," he said.

"Their academy and the set up they have there is amazing. You can see why they produce so many players when you enter their facilities and see how they do things.

"They were interested, they wanted a young athletic centre back to groom for the first team and get ready for the first team and I fit their criteria, so they invited me for a trial.

"It went really well but I was looking for first team football and the route that they wanted me to go would have been to initially play for the B team and then maybe work my way up into the first team.

"I just thought if I was going to leave home and then move all the way over there it would be for first team only, although the B team is technically a first team."
VIDEO HERE
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Semi Ajayi simply does not have the finesse to be a top class centreback like Taribo or Yobo. I am excited about Tosin Adarabioyo though. He looks like he will become a class act.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Semi Ajayi simply does not have the finesse to be a top class centreback like Taribo or Yobo. I am excited about Tosin Adarabioyo though. He looks like he will become a class act.
Adarabioyo is no different than Dele Adeleye. the hype on all these below average players get as e be . the guy isn't good enough today
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, no one cannot really state emphatically who will or will not be good wit the SE. This applies to all these players UNTIL they play WITH their colleagues in SE. Football is not an individual thing, a player's performance is critically affected by those around him and the former's ability to fit in. We saw Iwobi join SE and was so-so until quite recently were he has clearly become a dominant SE player. A few months ago, the rave was Akpoguma this and Akpoguma that... Now, we have seen Akpoguma with other SE guys and suddenly the rave about Akpoguma has quieted down considerably.

My view, is we cannot know about these guys until they play with other SE guys. That is the TRUE TEST and not necessarily what they do at their clubs alongside a different set of players. Their club form and performance only gets them an invitation but ultimately their fit with other invitees will or at least should determine their SE future.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics