First ANC loss since 1992

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
First ANC loss since 1992

Post by nanijoe »

Did you guys realize that this is the first ANC game Nigeria has lost in regulation since 1992?
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

This is our first loss in our first match in the ANC since 1990.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: First ANC loss since 1992

Post by 27 »

nanijoe wrote:Did you guys realize that this is the first ANC game Nigeria has lost in regulation since 1992?
Regulation as in normal time (90 mins).
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Ebyboy wrote:This is our first loss in our first match in the ANC since 1990.
Whatever it was, I sincerely hope it's served the purpose of bringing us back to earth. Arrogance and complacency are two of Nigeria's greatest foes in African football.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

next thing it will be the first game Nigeria has lost at nite, then it will be the first match nigeria has lost in a North African ANC, then it will be the first match Nigeria has lost with all 11 players...the loss to cameroon at home was a loss, whether it was regulation time or not...until we start to accept things like that then we will never cure our Nigeria arrogance...and until we cure this arrogance, Nigerian soccer will not be able to move on and rid ourselves of big boys like Kanu and Okocha...we managed to do away with Oliseh but that after he had already become the technical advisor..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

dont count on that. we are ridiculous when it comes to serving out excuses. i'm just waiting to hear what the FA and CCC have to say when this episode is through. Any normal thinking FA would have gotten their act together after struggling through qualifying for the past few tourneys. Not to talk of seeing neighbours Cameroon setting the example.
btw,is anyone on this forum in naija? how are folks taking the loss? i hope they're preparing a severe #$%-whuppinfor CCC when he sneaks back in.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

The 3-0 loss to Brazil was also our first loss at home for God knows how many decades.

Its no coincidence that all this is happening under CCC! The day he was hired, was the day Nigerian football signed a death wish!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Me, I said it before and again I will say it once more CCC sucks! :evil:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!