ABUJA NATIONAL STADIUM COMING BACK TO LIFE!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: ABUJA NATIONAL STADIUM COMING BACK TO LIFE!

Post by Oguleftie »

It is all about stealing of public money.

Multiple embezzlement.

Time after time after time.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

I pray it can be maintained, the Stadium sadly has turned into a white elephant, grossly underutillized.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:10 am I pray it can be maintained, the Stadium sadly has turned into a white elephant, grossly underutillized.
I might be wrong, but I’ve never seen that Abuja stadium at even near-capacity.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:39 pm
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:10 am I pray it can be maintained, the Stadium sadly has turned into a white elephant, grossly underutillized.
It was at full capacity for the 2003 All African Games gold medal match between Nigeria and Cameroon. Also it was at full capacity for Nigeria's 2010 world cup qualifying matches against Kenya and Tunisia. Both matches were played on Sunday and Buses were provided for fans to come from all over the country. The football supporters club was actively involved in the planning for both matches.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:39 pm
Damunk,

That would have changed by now, though. I had attended several SE games there during a year that I was fully resident in Nigeria. It was not full then but that was almost a decade ago when transportation to the stadium was a piss. That should not be the case now. Moreover, the population growth there would have been almost in double digits. All those indices should make a difference now for a big game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics