Terem Moffi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Terem Moffi

Post by iworo »

Who’s this dude? He’s on fire man. The Nigerian striker has scored in his fourth consecutive French Ligue one games after scoring the winner against PSG today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3y545o ... e=youtu.be[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9jEd8VULQ[/video]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Terem Moffi

Post by Bigpokey24 »

he looks good, i like left footed strikers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He came on in the 61st minute with Lorient 2-1 down to PSG
He provided the assist for the equaliser and scored the winner in added time to become the first Lorient player to score in 5 successive Ligue one games.
Another of Patrick's discoveries!
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

but but but ... sheyi ojo has agreed to play for us in the huuuuuugee hauuul!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

That killed PSG!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yeah, he's good.
CE has been tracking him since last year when NFA Chairman brought him to our attention on CE.

Check out more about him on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301758
iworo wrote:Who’s this dude? He’s on fire man. The Nigerian striker has scored in his fourth consecutive French Ligue one games after scoring the winner against PSG today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3y545o ... e=youtu.be[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9jEd8VULQ[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

In October last year:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301974&p=5615781
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:With a midfield of Ndidi, Aribo, Ejaria and Etebo I think we are set to go. Akpoguma, Sanusi, Ebuehi and Maduka have also shown that they belong, I also like that Tijani kid even though we didn't get to see much of him, surely adds more depth for us going forward ... all these players barring any injuries are sure starters for me.

The question remains, who will deputize for Osimhen as the No 2 striker? Dessers, Maja?
I very much doubt either are guaranteed deputies. Maybe Dessers for the short term and Maja's case is still to be made IMHO.

I see Umar Sadiq coming into the fray and if he does what we see him doing at club level, then he's in.

Aside from that, there are two young strikers just starting their careers in the top flight and are hoping to make their mark in the very near future: Terem Moffi of Lorient in Lique1 and Tolu Arokodare of FC Koln in the Bundesliga.

Coincidentally they're similar players in physique and style and I wont be surprised if Osimhen is their immediate role model.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Hopefully Rohr is watching, he and Umar need to be given a chance.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:Hopefully Rohr is watching, he and Umar need to be given a chance.
for where, **** and his houseboys like that enemy of progress damunk and co are only interested in English born rejects playing in the championship. they aren't interested in Nigerians born in Nigeria and playing in Europe , they group all those Nigerians as NPFL players as well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Hopefully Rohr is watching, he and Umar need to be given a chance.
for where, **** and his houseboys like that enemy of progress damunk and co are only interested in English born rejects playing in the championship. they aren't interested in Nigerians born in Nigeria and playing in Europe , they group all those Nigerians as NPFL players as well
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Tormented soul. :lol: :lol: :lol:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Iheanacho and Dessers will probably fall further down the pecking order with the emergence/form of the likes of Onuachu, Sadiq, Simy, Awoniyi, and Moffi
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

This guy is a very y good forward. I've been following his progress.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote:Iheanacho and Dessers will probably fall further down the pecking order with the emergence/form of the likes of Onuachu, Sadiq, Simy, Awoniyi, and Moffi
Onuachu and Simy didn’t just emerge, they’ve been tested and failed...let’s try the others...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:
olu wrote:Iheanacho and Dessers will probably fall further down the pecking order with the emergence/form of the likes of Onuachu, Sadiq, Simy, Awoniyi, and Moffi
Onuachu and Simy didn’t just emerge, they’ve been tested and failed...let’s try the others...
SE is not a fitting room. Moffi is a decent striker but there's nothing he does better than those in waiting for a chance. Osihmen is decades ahead of the rest but even he has work to do, then we have Onuachu,Awoniyi and Nacho. Unless, Moffi gets back to being a starter and gets a better club na clap we go clap for am. Imho, Moffi is the new Ideye.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
SE is not a fitting room. Moffi is a decent striker but there's nothing he does better than those in waiting for a chance. Osihmen is decades ahead of the rest but even he has work to do, then we have Onuachu,Awoniyi and Nacho. Unless, Moffi gets back to being a starter and gets a better club na clap we go clap for am. Imho, Moffi is the new Ideye.
Ideye na Nations Cup winner and won as a starter, so I no understand your point...I'm hoping Moffi and Umar will get their chances sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We need to stop judging strikers simply by the numbers of goals they score and the leagues they play in.

Im not saying these are not important, but we must look deeper at what specific skill sets they will bring to SE.

Im not sold on Moffi, Onuachu, Awoniyi, Simy etc because I dont see anything special about any of them.

The one guy who I like his game is Sadiq Umar, but we wait to see if he can replicate his form in a better league, or dare I say in GWG.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Apart from yesterday, Moffi has started every game since just before Christmas and has scored in every game.
That's five games and five goals on the trot.
For a young and new striker, you can't 'useless' that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:We need to stop judging strikers simply by the numbers of goals they score and the leagues they play in.

Im not saying these are not important, but we must look deeper at what specific skill sets they will bring to SE.

Im not sold on Moffi, Onuachu, Awoniyi, Simy etc because I dont see anything special about any of them.

The one guy who I like his game is Sadiq Umar, but we wait to see if he can replicate his form in a better league, or dare I say in GWG.
Exactly. And we'll never know until we give them a chance.

But first, they have to draw our attention by performing in whatever league they are playing in and we assess accordingly.
Its a performance game, no room for sentiment any more.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not entirely true. In most of the games Onuachu and Simy played for the SE, they received very little service and as a result got few scoring chances.
maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Puhlease!
Enough with these cock and bull stories about lack of service.
Y'all need to stop making ridiculous excuses for their not measuring up to standard when playing for the SE.
Both players have REPEATEDLY proven they are NOT good enough and you need to accept that fact and stop making silly excuses on their behalf.
olu wrote:Not entirely true. In most of the games Onuachu and Simy played for the SE, they received very little service and as a result got few scoring chances.
maceo4 wrote:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

With how poor our midfield was in some of those games, if you we had played Lewandowski, Kane, Suarez, Cavani, or any other world class forward, they would have struggled to score too.
Otitokoro wrote:Puhlease!
Y'all need to stop making ridiculous excuses for their not measuring up to standard when playing for the SE.
Both players have REPEATEDLY proven they are NOT good enough and you need to accept that fact and stop making silly excuses on their behalf.
olu wrote:Not entirely true. In most of the games Onuachu and Simy played for the SE, they received very little service and as a result got few scoring chances.
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Apart from John Obi Mikel, which midfielder did we have at AFCON 2019 (that produced the top goalscorer in Ighalo) that we don't have now or was better than what we have?
Mikel, with all due respect to him, wasn't exactly at the races at AFCON.
We had Ndidi and John Ogu, Etebo and the likes of Moses Simon, Ahmed Musa, Chukwueze, Iwobi and Kalu listed as our 'midfielders'.

So our "poor'' midfield is a 'poor' excuse for the 'poor' performance of the strikers being discussed.
The more logical reason is that they just didn't fit in and couldn't hack it.
Anyway, we know this is about shifting responsibility away from the players and onto the coach.
Not hard to spot. :D
olu wrote:With how poor our midfield was in some of those games, if you we had played Lewandowski, Kane, Suarez, Cavani, or any other world class forward, they would have struggled to score too.
Otitokoro wrote:Puhlease!
maceo4 wrote:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Terem Moffi just has to be invited for our next qualifiers. This dude is on fire. Currently has two goals against Monaco. The first one a penalty, and the second a lovely solo effort. This young man can ball!!!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."