SOLKSJAER was NOT fair to me --- Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SOLKSJAER was NOT fair to me --- Ighalo

Post by Enugu II »

Solskjaer wasn’t fair to me at Manchester United – Ighalo
Seyi Alao 0 February 5, 2021 12:21 pm
https://www.brila.net/solskjaer-wasnt-f ... ed-ighalo/

Odion Ighalo revealed he was frustrated by his lack of game time at Manchester United and believed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wasn’t fair to him at times.

Ighalo told Brila FM’s ‘No holds barred’ show host and former Super Eagles Ifeanyi Udeze on Friday.
The Forward made 23 appearances for Manchester United in twelve months at the club, the most minutes came in his first six months at the club.

He would later endure a torrid time in final months at the club, making just one substitute appearance for the Red Devils in the league this season.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer kept faith with Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and new signing Edison Cavani.

“Every player wants to play, but I always respect my Coach. I’m a hard worker in training and match situations, It’s painful though but the decision is not yours,” explained Ighalo.

“No player wants to be on the bench, particularly when you know you are fit or even better than those selected ahead of you.

“But, I respect Ole, he gave me the chance to live my dream. I can’t feel bad or hold any grudge,” He said.

The former Nigeria International remains grateful for the opportunity to play for his dream Club, but he feels Solskjaer wasn’t fair to him sometimes.

When asked if rumors of discrimination may have informed selection decisions at the club, he said:

“I believe that sometimes he wasn’t fair to me because I deserved to play, but I don’t think and won’t say it was discrimination.”

Odion Ighalo has since left the club for Saudi Arabia premier league side Al-Shabab FC after the expiration of his loan deal.

He opted against returning to his parent Shanghai Shenhua and decided to put pen to paper on two and half year deal.

If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SOLKSJAER was NOT fair to me --- Ighalo

Post by maceo4 »

Come on now, he knew he was going there as a backup player though...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:Come on now, he knew he was going there as a backup player though...
Maceo4,

When a player starts to think of himself as a backup, then he is FINISHED. Every players thinks he should be on the field, bros. I am not surprised that he thought that way. The point though is the coach thought differently.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:Come on now, he knew he was going there as a backup player though...
Beign a back up does not mean no playing time. Rashford and other starters have not played 90 minutes in every game. I mentioned in one of the threads about Ighalo here that there must have been a strained relationship between him and the coach. I doubt Ighalo expected to be a starter on the team. But you cant tell me he was the worst forward on the team to not see a single minute of action in the last several months. I agree with him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Maceo4,

When a player starts to think of himself as a backup, then he is FINISHED. Every players thinks he should be on the field, bros. I am not surprised that he thought that way. The point though is the coach thought differently.
I agree to a point, but you shouldn't also deceive yourself into thinking or in this case saying that you are better than those that were starting ahead of him when he clearly wasn't. His play post covid break had been very poor. The few chances he got, he pretty much stunk up the place, and didn't look like he belonged anymore. He needed to show in those cameos that he had something to offer in order to get more PT. He was initially getting more PT because he was brought in as cover for an injured starter. And that starter returned after the covid break so I'm sure he KNEW his chances would diminish, and it would be up to him to prove he had something to offer in the limited time he would get. And IMO he didn't...Lets not deceive ourselves, he's not in any way an upgrade on Martial, Rashford, Greene or any other Manure starters, no matter how much he thinks it, its just not true. Worse is that even the new backup Cavani is better than him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:
Beign a back up does not mean no playing time. Rashford and other starters have not played 90 minutes in every game. I mentioned in one of the threads about Ighalo here that there must have been a strained relationship between him and the coach. I doubt Ighalo expected to be a starter on the team. But you cant tell me he was the worst forward on the team to not see a single minute of action in the last several months. I agree with him.
Who exactly should he have playec ahead of? Pls, name the players you think should havev been benched for ighalo.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
He did get some PT early after the covid break, and I remember mentioning in those games how poor he looked. Maybe he needed a run of games to show what he could offer, but he was never going to get that as an emergency backup at Manure. We can't forget that he was playing before because Rashford was injured, and by the end of the covid break Rashford was now fit again so Ighalo's PT was clearly going to drop and the little he showed in his cameo's wasn't enough to justify more PT IMO. You might be right that there was some strain in their relationship, but I also don't think Ighalo showed enough with the limited PT he got to justify getting more.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
He did get some PT early after the covid break, and I remember mentioning in those games how poor he looked. Maybe he needed a run of games to show what he could offer, but he was never going to get that as an emergency backup at Manure. We can't forget that he was playing before because Rashford was injured, and by the end of the covid break Rashford was now fit again so Ighalo's PT was clearly going to drop and the little he showed in his cameo's wasn't enough to justify more PT IMO. You might be right that there was some strain in their relationship, but I also don't think Ighalo showed enough with the limited PT he got to justify getting more.
Dang... You're a flip flop legend. 5 somersaults in 2 paragraphs :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Dang... You're a flip flop legend. 5 somersaults in 2 paragraphs :laugh:
Eshplain...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

lol
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Ighalo that turns like a Lokomotive train...Who did he want to bench there? Also he and Cavani are the only real no 9s and sentiments apart, would you really bench Cavani for Ighalo?
All others can score lots of goals and play multiple positions.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ighalo sounding like a side chick who at the beginning of the relationship agreed to keep out of sight and be contented with the infrequent and limited visits, but midway into the relationship becomes sentimental attached and is now demanding to be treated the same way as madam.

Nevertheless I agree he could have had more play time.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

The Watford game was the last straw for me. FA cup game against his old club and Ole could not give him 1 minute. That was unfair.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ighalo is the real deal
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

oloye wrote:Ighalo sounding like a side chick who at the beginning of the relationship agreed to keep out of sight and be contented with the infrequent and limited visits, but midway into the relationship becomes sentimental attached and is now demanding to be treated the same way as madam.

Nevertheless I agree he could have had more play time.
Chief, how do you know so much about side chicks? :lol: :lol:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!