SE list for AFCON Qualifiers?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
SE list for AFCON Qualifiers?

Post by oyek »

owngoalnigeria is reporting home based players Olorunleke Ojo (GK) and Anayo Iwuala made the list.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/02/ ... ualifiers/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE list for AFCON Qualifiers?

Post by The YeyeMan »

That squad has 3, perhaps 4 central midfielders. Pfff!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

no Musa.
+ Awoniyi
-Ezenwa
+ A new local league player.

Strong squad
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Iheanacho listed as a midfielder?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The list could do with at least one more midfielder. Shehu Abdullahi plays as a CM/DM for his club though and Ajayi can also play DM though I don't like him in that position. My guess is Ejaria's switch is not approved yet, otherwise would have been nice to see him there.
The YeyeMan wrote:That squad has 3, perhaps 4 central midfielders. Pfff!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Good list if real. Would have been nice to see Ejaria and Lookman. Not sure if they have been approved to play for Nigeria. Also is Ojo really the best local goalie in the NPFL? I don't watch the NPFL so I don't know. Surprised Ojo got the nod ahead of Matthew Yakubu.

Has anyone seen Iwuala play? Any comments on him?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote:Good list if real. Would have been nice to see Ejaria and Lookman. Not sure if they have been approved to play for Nigeria. Also is Ojo really the best local goalie in the NPFL? I don't watch the NPFL so I don't know. Surprised Ojo got the nod ahead of Matthew Yakubu.

If list is accurate then someone has indeed been watching the NPFL. Iwuala has had rave reviews with Enyimba. Ojo has also received similar rave reviews except one blunder which was widely cited. I like the fact that Moffi was called up. He has received very good reviews. I was hoping some of the new kids in London would also have been in the mix.

In any case, lets understand that this is not yet the official list but the writer does have credible sources and I would not be surprised if he is correct on most of these names barring last minute changes.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Great list. 24 plus 2 local players who will likely not play but gain experience with the squad. Iwuala is supposedly the best winger in the NFPL, that says a lot. Awazien is the only missing name but I suspect he's injured since he hasn't played for his club in a couple weeks.

Outside looking in

Onyeakuru
Bonanventure
Lookma
Ejaria
Tosin
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There is no reason to have 5 central strikers.

Need more midfield and wingers.

You telling me that home-based guy is better than

Dennis, Onyekuru, Mukairu,

For heavens sake Shehu Abdullahi in this day and age ?

Did Ezibuhue change his mind and is Akpoguma injured?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:There is no reason to have 5 central strikers.

No point calling players from Europe that have no chance of playing in the 2 games. The local players are not going to play.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oyek wrote:owngoalnigeria is reporting home based players Olorunleke Ojo (GK) and Anayo Iwuala made the list.

From what I’ve seen of the EPL in particular and European football in general, the Nigerian defense needs serious overhauling❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:There is no reason to have 5 central strikers.

No point calling players from Europe that have no chance of playing in the 2 games. The local players are not going to play.
We have only 3 legit wingers, yet 5 strikere.

What if one of them gets injured.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Rubbish list. Where is Umar? Obinna Nwobodo? Paul Mukaru.? Lookman? I hope this is fake news.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

oyek wrote:owngoalnigeria is reporting home based players Olorunleke Ojo (GK) and Anayo Iwuala made the list.

List is to be taken with a pinch of salt coz it`s owngoal. But I guess the official list should be out in a week or two!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Let's wait for the official list before commenting. This seems more like owngoals best guess (based on their digging) as to what the team will look like.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:
olu wrote:Good list if real. Would have been nice to see Ejaria and Lookman. Not sure if they have been approved to play for Nigeria. Also is Ojo really the best local goalie in the NPFL? I don't watch the NPFL so I don't know. Surprised Ojo got the nod ahead of Matthew Yakubu.

If list is accurate then someone has indeed been watching the NPFL. Iwuala has had rave reviews with Enyimba. Ojo has also received similar rave reviews except one blunder which was widely cited. I like the fact that Moffi was called up. He has received very good reviews. I was hoping some of the new kids in London would also have been in the mix.

In any case, lets understand that this is not yet the official list but the writer does have credible sources and I would not be surprised if he is correct on most of these names barring last minute changes.

Olorunleke Ojo has been a blundering goalkeeper throughout his NPFL career. I would be disappointed if he was selected. He does have the size that Rohr likes in his goalies, but that's about it.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

FAKE TEAM LIST!! YOU DONT RELEASE TEAM LIST LIKE FIVE WEEKS OR 4 WEEKS TO THE MATCH?? 2 WEEKS TO THE MATCH FOR THE TEAM LIST.
thanks
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

bret- hart wrote:Rubbish list. Where is Umar? Obinna Nwobodo? Paul Mukaru.? Lookman? I hope this is fake news.
Is Rohr aware of Obinna Nwobodo?
Last edited by oyek on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oyek wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Rubbish list. Where is Umar? Obinna Nwobodo? Paul Mukaru.? Lookman? I hope this is fake news.
Is Robr aware of Obinna Nwobodo?
Is he playing in London or Germany? :roll:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

delisyomie don wrote:FAKE TEAM LIST!! YOU DONT RELEASE TEAM LIST LIKE FIVE WEEKS OR 4 WEEKS TO THE MATCH?? 2 WEEKS TO THE MATCH FOR THE TEAM LIST.
Nigeria has consistently been one of the first nations worldwide to release their list. Usually 3 weeks before the match.

So yes this is about 2 weeks too early.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:
delisyomie don wrote:FAKE TEAM LIST!! YOU DONT RELEASE TEAM LIST LIKE FIVE WEEKS OR 4 WEEKS TO THE MATCH?? 2 WEEKS TO THE MATCH FOR THE TEAM LIST.
Nigeria has consistently been one of the first nations worldwide to release their list. Usually 3 weeks before the match.

So yes this is about 2 weeks too early.
This is not the official list and the reporter never claimed that the list is official. The reporter is merely doing his investigative journalistic work and nothing is essentially wrong with it because, as you can see, it generates interest and clearly indicates that the audience want such report.

I commend such reports, to be clear. However, such a report has a downside. The reporter is relying on sources such as the players who would have received invitations already or friends to such players. That information, plus making informed guesses, can lead to a highly accurate list. There is nothing wrong with that and in my view indicates a reporter willing to work to meet the demands of consumers. This, BTW, is the new journalism that is highlighted not just by this report but the numerous trade and transfer rumors all over the work, draft rumors, and the like. Why are these of great interest? They are often informed guesses and reasonable conjectures that satisfy the quest for insider information sought by the reading public.

Sure, the list will not be 100% accurate and I do not expect it to be given errors in the information as well as late injuries and late change of mind by the coaching crew. Such, in my view, indicate mere inconveniences that many are unconcerned with.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kai..... typical Niaja. Fight don break over fake list. When they release real one nko? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kai..... typical Niaja. Fight don break over fake list. When they release real one nko? :laugh:
but you enjoy spamming this forum with owngoal fake articles
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved