CAF elections.. Patrice Motsepe running unopposed.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF elections.. Patrice Motsepe running unopposed.

Post by Purity »

My Tv report on the CAF election.

Mamelodi Sundowns owner Patrice Motsepe’s path to the Confederation of African Football (Caf) presidency appears to have become smoother after it emerged his rivals for the seat have been convinced to withdraw from the race and serve under him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTpNWizkHQg&t=6s
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF elections.. Patrice Motsepe running unopposed.

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote:My Tv report on the CAF election.

Mamelodi Sundowns owner Patrice Motsepe’s path to the Confederation of African Football (Caf) presidency appears to have become smoother after it emerged his rivals for the seat have been convinced to withdraw from the race and serve under him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTpNWizkHQg&t=6s
Purity,

As of the moment Jacques Anuoma has not been offered an accepted spot and neither has he withdrawn in spite of pressures. My understanding is that he was offered advisor to Motsepe. Not that it matters, given that the frontrunner, Motsepe's chances have been strengthened its the current re-alignments.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Anuoma is the only man opposing Motsepe.. If you watch my report, i mentioned that Fifa president is threatening to withdraw the 2023 AFCON because he refused to endorse Motsepe..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote:Anuoma is the only man opposing Motsepe.. If you watch my report, i mentioned that Fifa president is threatening to withdraw the 2023 AFCON because he refused to endorse Motsepe..

Purity,

That is an allegation. Technically, the FIFA President cannot cary out such a threat. It may be a case of claiming that he can get Motsepe to do so and that is left to be seen.

Nevertheless, this whole scenario is troubling given the extent that Infantino has directly dabbled into these elections. While I clearly would love Motsepe to be the next CAF President, the interference by FIFA is nothing to celebrate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Fifa is trying to threaten Ivory coast FA president with 2023 AFCON.. Fifa does not have the power to decide who hosts our AFCON, however, this what Ahmad's incompetency is causing African football..

He invited FIFA to take over CAF now this.

FIFA does not want him back as CAF president.

Amaju is back in FIFA..
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Pinnick is indirectly running things at CAF with his infantino connections..
Anuoma is old blood, CAF needs fresh blood.
afc##
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

My show this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RLx9ssgsAA&t=721s

Breaking;

The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) has reduced Ahmad Ahmad's FIFA ban from 5 years to 2 years following his appeal on Monday.

The CAF President has also be fined 50,000 Swiss Francs.
Last edited by Purity on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Patrice Motsepe might end up like his predecessor with all these FIFA interference.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote:Patrice Motsepe might end up like his predecessor with all these FIFA interference.
Unlikely. At least not in the first term. The controversy will come in other ways such as how CAF follows FIFA with summer ANC and then other matters that may toe FIFA line. But I expect him to rectify several other things including financing and maintaining a more stable secretariat.