Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5626
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
gochino wrote:
Looks like fainted


I thought so too based on reaction from medical personnel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 832
Location: USA
Lord Jesus what else can go wrong???

vancity eagle wrote:
Osimehn stretchered off.

_________________
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 803
Ugbowo wrote:
gochino wrote:
Looks like fainted


I thought so too based on reaction from medical personnel

The way he slammed his head to the ground didn't look good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
With all the criticism and abuse he's gotten on the forum he was rated the 3rf best player on the field for Napoli.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14954 ... nta-Napoli

He gets no service and grinds but gets criticized for losing duels.

Tries to press the defenders into making errors but they say he has no brain.

Now that he's injured again there's no more Osimehn to abuse. Hopefully it's not that bad and he recovers quickly. We do not have many players of his quality, he has to be supported and encouraged at all times, especially by so call SE fans.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
gochino wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
gochino wrote:
Looks like fainted


I thought so too based on reaction from medical personnel

The way he slammed his head to the ground didn't look good.


Did you see any attempt to resuscitate? I doubt they will just tie player who fainted onto a stretcher just like that without attempts to revive him.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14722
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
With all the criticism and abuse he's gotten on the forum he was rated the 3rf best player on the field for Napoli.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14954 ... nta-Napoli

He gets no service and grinds but gets criticized for losing duels.

Tries to press the defenders into making errors but they say he has no brain.

Now that he's injured again there's no more Osimehn to abuse. Hopefully it's not that bad and he recovers quickly. We do not have many players of his quality, he has to be supported and encouraged at all times, especially by so call SE fans.



dude we all want Osimehn to succeed, but we need to call a spade a spade.

the whole team sucked for sure, but Osimehn is not helping himself. You say he was the 3rd highest rated. Among the Front 4 (the attackers) he was ranked 3 out of 4. The only attacker he was ranked higher than is a natural defender, who was playing out of position because of their injury crisis. Do you really think that is something to brag about ?

Dude needs to improve his game, end of. He needs to make intelligent runs and stop being so predictable, so he can easily be marked out of games. There's a reason he isn't getting chances, and it isn't simply because his team mates aren't passing.

Heck I've even seen better play from Josh Maja watching Fulham these last few matches.

Time for Osimehn to bring maturity to his game, and not be so one dimensional.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
vancity eagle wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
With all the criticism and abuse he's gotten on the forum he was rated the 3rf best player on the field for Napoli.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14954 ... nta-Napoli

He gets no service and grinds but gets criticized for losing duels.

Tries to press the defenders into making errors but they say he has no brain.

Now that he's injured again there's no more Osimehn to abuse. Hopefully it's not that bad and he recovers quickly. We do not have many players of his quality, he has to be supported and encouraged at all times, especially by so call SE fans.



dude we all want Osimehn to succeed, but we need to call a spade a spade.

the whole team sucked for sure, but Osimehn is not helping himself. You say he was the 3rd highest rated. Among the Front 4 (the attackers) he was ranked 3 out of 4. The only attacker he was ranked higher than is a natural defender, who was playing out of position because of their injury crisis. Do you really think that is something to brag about ?

Dude needs to improve his game, end of. He needs to make intelligent runs and stop being so predictable, so he can easily be marked out of games. There's a reason he isn't getting chances, and it isn't simply because his team mates aren't passing.

Heck I've even seen better play from Josh Maja watching Fulham these last few matches.

Time for Osimehn to bring maturity to his game, and not be so one dimensional.



So we're now comparing a player's game ratings to his teammates? That's a new one. :laugh:

Look, stop splitting hairs in an attempt to justify your flawed logic. One can also argue that the only 2 players rated higher were the goal scorer and the assist guy. This is the case in 90% of all ratings. The goal scorer and the assist man always get the highest ratings but they're never used to justify the performance of teammates like you're trying to do. Players are rated on their performance and effectiveness for their position during a game. With your thinking goalies who don't concede would always get 10/10.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14722
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
With all the criticism and abuse he's gotten on the forum he was rated the 3rf best player on the field for Napoli.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14954 ... nta-Napoli

He gets no service and grinds but gets criticized for losing duels.

Tries to press the defenders into making errors but they say he has no brain.

Now that he's injured again there's no more Osimehn to abuse. Hopefully it's not that bad and he recovers quickly. We do not have many players of his quality, he has to be supported and encouraged at all times, especially by so call SE fans.



So why has Osimehn not been involved in any goals recently ? (goals or assists) for him to be ranked higher ?

He is not doing his job. Pretending his woes are all because "he isn't getting service" is totally ignorant.

Why was Zielinski able to make a run into the box and get on the end of a cross to volley the ball and score, yet Osimehn is running around aimlessly. Even substitute Insigne made a great run near the end of the match, in which he was found with a pass. If you think Osimehn is doing great, thats good for you.

Anyways lets hope the boy is oK.

dude we all want Osimehn to succeed, but we need to call a spade a spade.

the whole team sucked for sure, but Osimehn is not helping himself. You say he was the 3rd highest rated. Among the Front 4 (the attackers) he was ranked 3 out of 4. The only attacker he was ranked higher than is a natural defender, who was playing out of position because of their injury crisis. Do you really think that is something to brag about ?

Dude needs to improve his game, end of. He needs to make intelligent runs and stop being so predictable, so he can easily be marked out of games. There's a reason he isn't getting chances, and it isn't simply because his team mates aren't passing.

Heck I've even seen better play from Josh Maja watching Fulham these last few matches.

Time for Osimehn to bring maturity to his game, and not be so one dimensional.



So we're now comparing a player's game ratings to his teammates? That's a new one. :laugh:

Look, stop splitting hairs in an attempt to justify your flawed logic. One can also argue that the only 2 players rated higher were the goal scorer and the assist guy. This is the case in 90% of all ratings. The goal scorer and the assist man always get the highest ratings but they're never used to justify the performance of teammates like you're trying to do. Players are rated on their performance and effectiveness for their position during a game. With your thinking goalies who don't concede would always get 10/10.


So why has Osimehn not been involved in any goals recently ? (goals or assists) for him to be ranked higher ?

He is not doing his job. Pretending his woes are all because "he isn't getting service" is totally ignorant.

Why was Zielinski able to make a run into the box and get on the end of a cross to volley the ball and score, yet Osimehn is running around aimlessly. Even substitute Insigne made a great run near the end of the match, in which he was found with a pass. If you think Osimehn is doing great, thats good for you.

Anyways lets hope the boy is oK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
vancity eagle wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
With all the criticism and abuse he's gotten on the forum he was rated the 3rf best player on the field for Napoli.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14954 ... nta-Napoli

He gets no service and grinds but gets criticized for losing duels.

Tries to press the defenders into making errors but they say he has no brain.

Now that he's injured again there's no more Osimehn to abuse. Hopefully it's not that bad and he recovers quickly. We do not have many players of his quality, he has to be supported and encouraged at all times, especially by so call SE fans.



So why has Osimehn not been involved in any goals recently ? (goals or assists) for him to be ranked higher ?

He is not doing his job. Pretending his woes are all because "he isn't getting service" is totally ignorant.

Why was Zielinski able to make a run into the box and get on the end of a cross to volley the ball and score, yet Osimehn is running around aimlessly. Even substitute Insigne made a great run near the end of the match, in which he was found with a pass. If you think Osimehn is doing great, thats good for you.

Anyways lets hope the boy is oK.

dude we all want Osimehn to succeed, but we need to call a spade a spade.

the whole team sucked for sure, but Osimehn is not helping himself. You say he was the 3rd highest rated. Among the Front 4 (the attackers) he was ranked 3 out of 4. The only attacker he was ranked higher than is a natural defender, who was playing out of position because of their injury crisis. Do you really think that is something to brag about ?

Dude needs to improve his game, end of. He needs to make intelligent runs and stop being so predictable, so he can easily be marked out of games. There's a reason he isn't getting chances, and it isn't simply because his team mates aren't passing.

Heck I've even seen better play from Josh Maja watching Fulham these last few matches.

Time for Osimehn to bring maturity to his game, and not be so one dimensional.



So we're now comparing a player's game ratings to his teammates? That's a new one. :laugh:

Look, stop splitting hairs in an attempt to justify your flawed logic. One can also argue that the only 2 players rated higher were the goal scorer and the assist guy. This is the case in 90% of all ratings. The goal scorer and the assist man always get the highest ratings but they're never used to justify the performance of teammates like you're trying to do. Players are rated on their performance and effectiveness for their position during a game. With your thinking goalies who don't concede would always get 10/10.


So why has Osimehn not been involved in any goals recently ? (goals or assists) for him to be ranked higher ?

He is not doing his job. Pretending his woes are all because "he isn't getting service" is totally ignorant.

Why was Zielinski able to make a run into the box and get on the end of a cross to volley the ball and score, yet Osimehn is running around aimlessly. Even substitute Insigne made a great run near the end of the match, in which he was found with a pass. If you think Osimehn is doing great, thats good for you.

Anyways lets hope the boy is oK.




The simply minded approach doesn't do very well in analyzing the game. If a player scores a goal it's not because another player who should've scored wasn't there. A closer look at their Zelinski goal would reveal that the space opened up as defenders followed Osihmen as he made a run to the right, the defense didn't rotate and space opened up. It's a team game.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.c ... xkg4rdb1e2

Rushed hospital for s head injury. Hopefully he's going to be OK real soon.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 803
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=39036
He has regained consciousness.

According to Gatuso:

"As I already said, Osimhen was out for a long time, he’s still playing with strapping to his shoulder and is not 100 per cent," Gattuso said to Sky Sport Italia via Football Italia.

"He needs to find consistency and sharpness to play his game. At the moment, he has these gaps and isn’t capable of moving consistently, as we’ve seen it in the statistics."

https://app.football-italia.net/?referr ... lia-166550


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18649
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
gochino wrote:
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=39036
He has regained consciousness.

According to Gatuso:

"As I already said, Osimhen was out for a long time, he’s still playing with strapping to his shoulder and is not 100 per cent," Gattuso said to Sky Sport Italia via Football Italia.

"He needs to find consistency and sharpness to play his game. At the moment, he has these gaps and isn’t capable of moving consistently, as we’ve seen it in the statistics."

https://app.football-italia.net/?referr ... lia-166550


Gattuso, I beg to disagree because our resident Supremo Emir de Kongi thinks Osimhen is at the top his game. QED. :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 43239
Location: Pennsylvania
I’m with Kongi. The young man, Osimehn, is in his first season in a new and tougher league than previous. On top of that, his short season has been continuously been interrupted by injuries and Covid illnesses. If na German striker for Chelsea we go willingly give am time to settle but for our own brother, no way Jose: he must hit the ground running regardless of injuries, lack of service, Covid sapping his energy, etc etc. Ah ah now. Make una calm down and support our boy. He is too talented not to succeed but even a big baller like Drogba needed time to settle into his first season not to talk of Lukaku, Sallah et al that where prematurely sold due to lack of patience.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
Enugu II wrote:
gochino wrote:
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=39036
He has regained consciousness.

According to Gatuso:

"As I already said, Osimhen was out for a long time, he’s still playing with strapping to his shoulder and is not 100 per cent," Gattuso said to Sky Sport Italia via Football Italia.

"He needs to find consistency and sharpness to play his game. At the moment, he has these gaps and isn’t capable of moving consistently, as we’ve seen it in the statistics."

https://app.football-italia.net/?referr ... lia-166550


Gattuso, I beg to disagree because our resident Supremo Emir de Kongi thinks Osimhen is at the top his game. QED. :rotf: :rotf:


His statement is actually consistent with what I've been trying to point out.

What kind of gaps do you think he's talking about? According to some here it's a gap in his brain. Think!

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
green4life wrote:
I’m with Kongi. The young man, Osimehn, is in his first season in a new and tougher league than previous. On top of that, his short season has been continuously been interrupted by injuries and Covid illnesses. If na German striker for Chelsea we go willingly give am time to settle but for our own brother, no way Jose: he must hit the ground running regardless of injuries, lack of service, Covid sapping his energy, etc etc. Ah ah now. Make una calm down and support our boy. He is too talented not to succeed but even a big baller like Drogba needed time to settle into his first season not to talk of Lukaku, Sallah et al that where prematurely sold due to lack of patience.


Know! That's it and that's all. You have grow with these players and nurture them until they ripe. You can clearly see the niajamentality at play here; it's why we no pu lic water and 50 million borehole.

Osihmen will come good but don't weigh him down with useless expectations.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18649
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Emir,,

There is no Ifs or Buts about Osimhen's game right now. It is Poor. That much ought to be clear.

Now can Osimhen play better? Sure. We have seen him play much better.

Is he affected by injury and long layoff? Sure.

These guys commenting on Osimhen here do not state that he cannot play better or cannot measure up to his valuation. Far from it. They are simply stating that right now, Osimhen is playing poorly.

We have seen him play much better. On his form at the moment, he isn't worth that transfer fee. However, we believe and continue to believe that he will show (sooner than later) that he was worth that transfer fee. BUT now, it just isn't there and there should not be any IFs or BUTs about that.

That ought to be clear.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 43239
Location: Pennsylvania
Enugu II wrote:
Emir,,

There is no Ifs or Buts about Osimhen's game right now. It is Poor. That much ought to be clear.

Now can Osimhen play better? Sure. We have seen him play much better.

Is he affected by injury and long layoff? Sure.

These guys commenting on Osimhen here do not state that he cannot play better or cannot measure up to his valuation. Far from it. They are simply stating that right now, Osimhen is playing poorly.

We have seen him play much better. On his form at the moment, he isn't worth that transfer fee. However, we believe and continue to believe that he will show (sooner than later) that he was worth that transfer fee. BUT now, it just isn't there and there should not be any IFs or BUTs about that.

That ought to be clear.


Prof the relevant consideration is why is he not playing as expected and is it within reason given all his peculiar circumstances? To look at a player’s performance and summarily criticize him as if he’s playing in a vacuum badly misses the reality of the player’s overall situation at this point of his young career. Why not compare his situation to Kai Havertz at Chelsea who has similarly battled injury and Covid. Kai hasn’t hit the ground running. Or what about the American boy Pulisic with only one goal so far again partly due to injury setbacks. When a player is in and out of the lineup due to injury and illness issues it is expected that he will struggle to consistently find good form. That is the crux of what Gatuso, kongi and my humble self are saying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18649
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
G4L,

I do not think there is a Nigerian who does not know what Osimhen's situation is. I will be surprised if there is a Nigerian contributor here who is not aware. The way I have read the comments is that Osimhen is not playing well. That is reality. Now that does not deny the issue that he has encountered thus far. It simply is an expression of reality.

I for one, I truly believe that several others including critics here, believe that Osimhen will come good. He just isn't doing well currently.

green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Emir,,

There is no Ifs or Buts about Osimhen's game right now. It is Poor. That much ought to be clear.

Now can Osimhen play better? Sure. We have seen him play much better.

Is he affected by injury and long layoff? Sure.

These guys commenting on Osimhen here do not state that he cannot play better or cannot measure up to his valuation. Far from it. They are simply stating that right now, Osimhen is playing poorly.

We have seen him play much better. On his form at the moment, he isn't worth that transfer fee. However, we believe and continue to believe that he will show (sooner than later) that he was worth that transfer fee. BUT now, it just isn't there and there should not be any IFs or BUTs about that.

That ought to be clear.


Prof the relevant consideration is why is he not playing as expected and is it within reason given all his peculiar circumstances? To look at a player’s performance and summarily criticize him as if he’s playing in a vacuum badly misses the reality of the player’s overall situation at this point of his young career. Why not compare his situation to Kai Havertz at Chelsea who has similarly battled injury and Covid. Kai hasn’t hit the ground running. Or what about the American boy Pulisic with only one goal so far again partly due to injury setbacks. When a player is in and out of the lineup due to injury and illness issues it is expected that he will struggle to consistently find good form. That is the crux of what Gatuso, kongi and my humble self are saying.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40539
Location: Land of the Terrapins
gochino wrote:
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=39036
He has regained consciousness.

According to Gatuso:

"As I already said, Osimhen was out for a long time, he’s still playing with strapping to his shoulder and is not 100 per cent," Gattuso said to Sky Sport Italia via Football Italia.

"He needs to find consistency and sharpness to play his game. At the moment, he has these gaps and isn’t capable of moving consistently, as we’ve seen it in the statistics."

https://app.football-italia.net/?referr ... lia-166550


Wow glad he’s ok! Still hoping he can turn his season around.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Emir,,

There is no Ifs or Buts about Osimhen's game right now. It is Poor. That much ought to be clear.

Now can Osimhen play better? Sure. We have seen him play much better.

Is he affected by injury and long layoff? Sure.

These guys commenting on Osimhen here do not state that he cannot play better or cannot measure up to his valuation. Far from it. They are simply stating that right now, Osimhen is playing poorly.

We have seen him play much better. On his form at the moment, he isn't worth that transfer fee. However, we believe and continue to believe that he will show (sooner than later) that he was worth that transfer fee. BUT now, it just isn't there and there should not be any IFs or BUTs about that.

That ought to be clear.


Prof the relevant consideration is why is he not playing as expected and is it within reason given all his peculiar circumstances? To look at a player’s performance and summarily criticize him as if he’s playing in a vacuum badly misses the reality of the player’s overall situation at this point of his young career. Why not compare his situation to Kai Havertz at Chelsea who has similarly battled injury and Covid. Kai hasn’t hit the ground running. Or what about the American boy Pulisic with only one goal so far again partly due to injury setbacks. When a player is in and out of the lineup due to injury and illness issues it is expected that he will struggle to consistently find good form. That is the crux of what Gatuso, kongi and my humble self are saying.


Thank you Jare. I appreciate Enugu taking the diplomatic route by trying to douse water on the situation. However, I must call him out for the tacit acceptance of the condescending and derisive comments made on the forum towards Osihmen. If Napoli fans were calling him brainless we'd all cry racism. The fact that he's not scoring is a problem but to constantly put him down to the point of suggesting he's somehow less than, lazy or uninterested is beyond the pale and is detrimental to the spirit of this forum.

Say what you will about Osihmen but that boy busts his tail every time he steps on the field. He works hard, runs his butt off, takes of challenges , defends and always plays for the team. Giving him the benefit of the doubt after getting injured playing for NIGERIA and beating COVID shouldn't be too much to ask for.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6361
Location: Ajegunle
Hope Osimhen gets back to full health. I am his No.1 fan. All of una wey dey criticise am make una shatap!! nonsense.!! Give my boy a break!!!

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5626
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Emir,

You are not a bigger Osimhen fan than me. Yesterday’s first half was d only game time I’ve missed this season when he plays for Napoli. I’ve watched every other minute of his actions. When Bushboy or BigPokey made the thread calling him a bust I was one of the first on that thread defending him and using the same excuses you are now using to explain why he wasn’t looking sharp.

But that was a month ago.

He has now had consecutive starts and as a club record signing the expectations are high! His game has regressed from the start of the season. And you are a fake fan if u can’t call it how u see it. I’m not blinded by the fact that he’s one of our own. I nurture young professional players and I know how ruthless this game can be. Osimhen needed to start delivering. Napoli team play is atrocious especially with Mertens out injured and Insigne slowly walking his way to fitness. Osimhen is a part of why their attacking build up just stinks! The movement he made for Zielenski’d goal yesterday was one he needed to do more of! He just wasn’t doing it enough! I also think he’s not getting good coaching because the same mistakes are coming up game after game after game.

Take ur partisan blinders off and be objective with your criticism. I really want the kid to explode and put us back where we belong as one of the top football playing countries in the world. But right now, he’s not showing what he’s capable off.


G4L, I don’t give 2 effs about Kai. And I’m a Chelsea fan. As far as I’m concerned, he’s currently a waste of money as well and has been rightly criticized. No player is without criticism. We should all learn to call a spade a spade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Atalanta vs Osimhen
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20294
Ugbowo wrote:
Emir,

You are not a bigger Osimhen fan than me. Yesterday’s first half was d only game time I’ve missed this season when he plays for Napoli. I’ve watched every other minute of his actions. When Bushboy or BigPokey made the thread calling him a bust I was one of the first on that thread defending him and using the same excuses you are now using to explain why he wasn’t looking sharp.

But that was a month ago.

He has now had consecutive starts and as a club record signing the expectations are high! His game has regressed from the start of the season. And you are a fake fan if u can’t call it how u see it. I’m not blinded by the fact that he’s one of our own. I nurture young professional players and I know how ruthless this game can be. Osimhen needed to start delivering. Napoli team play is atrocious especially with Mertens out injured and Insigne slowly walking his way to fitness. Osimhen is a part of why their attacking build up just stinks! The movement he made for Zielenski’d goal yesterday was one he needed to do more of! He just wasn’t doing it enough! I also think he’s not getting good coaching because the same mistakes are coming up game after game after game.

Take ur partisan blinders off and be objective with your criticism. I really want the kid to explode and put us back where we belong as one of the top football playing countries in the world. But right now, he’s not showing what he’s capable off.


G4L, I don’t give 2 effs about Kai. And I’m a Chelsea fan. As far as I’m concerned, he’s currently a waste of money as well and has been rightly criticized. No player is without criticism. We should all learn to call a spade a spade.



It's all good. Napoli is obviously a team in flux with all the injuries but we can't expect Osihmen to carry the team with at this point. Their play is disjointed , they don't play for each other at this point. Theirs no way Osihmen can make up what the team is lacking at this point. Imho, Osihmen is our future and I know we all wish him well. We pray for his recovery and a quick return to form.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], olu and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group