SEE AS FALCONS COME SILENCE CE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: SEE AS FALCONS COME SILENCE CE

Post by kalani JR »

Many find it hard to care about Falcons until they perform at the World Cup.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

kalani JR wrote:Many find it hard to care about Falcons until they perform at the World Cup.
Fairweather "fans" :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

In your quest for a 'gotcha' moment, you obviously weren't thorough in your analysis of what I had written.
Since we are going down the path of cherry picking...where did I explicitly state that Gift Monday was a 'newbie'? (review both sentences highlighted in red - the first talked about the injection of newbies to the team and the other, the two players that impressed me) :biggrin:
And yes, I still maintain that Ms. Oparanozie was rightfully dropped, at least, within the context of her recent SF performances
Gotti wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Brother,
People will always whine and pine about anything and everything. A big motivation this time around was the rightfully dropping of Oparanozie. Like you rightly stated, this was a low profile run out for the ladies, after 2 full years of inactivity (even if it was against an elementary school team).
Important takeaways for me were the introduction of the newbies to the team and how they mapped into the overall team dynamics and strategy put forth by Waldrum. The likes of Toni Payne and youngster Gift Monday were a delight to watch and hopefully, would make the team play better and faster.
Thought it was a very dumb idea of CAF to cancel (not postpone) the AWCON this year. There really was no reason for taking such a drastic decision and it would only make women's football on the continent suffer in the long run. Hopefully, one of two high profile regional tournaments could be organized this year to keep the key African teams active.
Dude, Gift Monday made her Super Falcons debut in September 2019, under coach Christopher Danjuma.
Shows how little you know about the team and the players, but you claim to know Oparanozie is out of form. :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kalani JR wrote:Many find it hard to care about Falcons until they perform at the World Cup.
Not really o.
Tbh, if anything, I find Nigerians are a little more forgiving of the Falcons than the Eagles.
That might be because they have actually achieved more.

They receive their fair share of criticism but it has always been nice to observe that most football pans are generally quite passionate about the Falcons which is the way it should be.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "