NFF Pays Off Debt to Rohr + Agu.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF Pays Off Debt to Rohr + Agu.....

Post by Enugu II »

NFF pays Rohr, Agu’s outstanding salaries
https://guardian.ng/sport/nff-pays-rohr ... -salaries/
By Gowon Akpodonor
02 February 2021 | 3:12 am

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have made good its promise to clear months of salaries it owed Super Eagles Coach Gernot Rohr and goalkeepers’ trainer, Alloy Agu, following the payment of N40 million and N9million into their respective accounts.
NFF president, Amaju Pinnick had told BBCSports last week that the federation would not shy away from the financial challenges facing the body and the struggles it had encountered in discharging their financial obligations to the country’s football teams.

He explained then that although salaries and allowances of national coaches were reduced, adding that Rohr was being owed five months salary, while Agu was being owed 22 months unpaid wages. Super Eagles, he said, were yet to receive their match bonuses and allowances for 19 months.

However, a top official of the NFF told The Guardian yesterday that the Federation had credited Rohr’s account with about N40million since January 29. The official also stated that Agu was paid N9million.

“It is true the NFF owned them, but we have just paid Rohr about N40m on Friday and Alloy Agu was paid N9m. We no longer pay our coaches in foreign currency. I am sure they must have got their money by now.”

The official, who did not want his name mentioned, stated that the NFF was working hard to make sure the coaches and the players are happy. He couldn’t confirm if the players’ outstanding bonuses had been paid.

The Guardian recalls that Pinnick blamed COVID-19 for its negative impact on businesses, including the NFF premium sponsors, the Aiteo Group, for the delay in paying the salaries of the coaches and others.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Pays Off Debt to Rohr + Agu.....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well done Pinnick. The man is really hustling to keep hope alive. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ger$$T R$$R
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

5 months salary for the white man is 40 million.
22 months salary for the Nigerian is 9 million.

Na wa.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Very unprofessional to state how much was paid into the account of Agu.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

40 Million Naira is about $104,918. I thought Rohr was among one of the best-paid coaches in Africa during the last AFCON?

This is barely 2-3 months of his salary unless his pay was drastically reduced to even less than what Keshi was paid 8 years ago.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Herr Rohr is free to leave the job if he feels he is underpaid, and/or undervalued. Last time I checked, he was NOT in chains.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

fabio wrote:Very unprofessional to state how much was paid into the account of Agu.
Please help me tell them.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

DIMKA76 wrote:
fabio wrote:Very unprofessional to state how much was paid into the account of Agu.
Please help me tell them.
Is it professional to state how much was paid into the account of Rohr?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bushboy wrote:5 months salary for the white man is 40 million.
22 months salary for the Nigerian is 9 million.

Na wa.
But him and assistants go share the $40 mill
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Orion wrote:40 Million Naira is about $104,918. I thought Rohr was among one of the best-paid coaches in Africa during the last AFCON?

This is barely 2-3 months of his salary unless his pay was drastically reduced to even less than what Keshi was paid 8 years ago.
He took a pay cut; dude keep up!!
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."