A Lot of players have turned us down. Why?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
A Lot of players have turned us down. Why?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The past year has certainly not been good to SE in recruiting top foreign born Nigerians . We laughed off Eye-bee in 2019 while looking forward to snatching Abraham and Tomori but they also turned us down. Since then we've been collecting NOs like Bigporker on ladies night at the lounge. These players seem to want nothing to do with us, particularly the so called British -Nigerians who love jollof rice, Davido but would rather join the queen's army.

The following players have all rejected Nigeria over the last yr.
Abraham,Tomori, Saka, Adarabioyo,Musiala, Udokhai, Torunarigha,Eze, Madueke and Olise. Even a 2nd rate goalie turned us down for Austrian Pali, another Alana type situation. Even those who have supposedly committed like Lookman and Ezibue are yet to be confirmed.

What is going on here? We're 0 for 14. :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: A Lot of players have turned us down. Why?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Stop that ifa...it offers you nothing. Look to Jesus, he is the truth ,the way and the life..No one comes to the Father except through him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I think the NFF has probably gotten less aggressive after the humiliation of Abraham and Eze's wishy washy talk.

Who knows...WC is around the corner, some players have decisions to make.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

God forbid if all these Ajebutters you mentioned below made it to SE!

What we need are home grown warriors like Ndidi!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The past year has certainly not been good to SE in recruiting top foreign born Nigerians . We laughed off Eye-bee in 2019 while looking forward to snatching Abraham and Tomori but they also turned us down. Since then we've been collecting NOs like Bigporker on ladies night at the lounge. These players seem to want nothing to do with us, particularly the so called British -Nigerians who love jollof rice, Davido but would rather join the queen's army.

Abraham,Tomori, Saka, Adarabioyo,Musiala, Udokhai, Torunarigha,Eze, Madueke and Olise. Even a 2nd rate goalie turned us down for Austrian Pali, another Alana type situation. Even those who have supposedly committed like Lookman and Ezibue are yet to be confirmed.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ugbowo wrote:I think the NFF has probably gotten less aggressive after the humiliation of Abraham and Eze's wishy washy talk.

Who knows...WC is around the corner, some players have decisions to make.
They all have decisions to make in the next few months. Most of them will not make the England team for the wc qualifiers except Saka, an absolute gem of a player. However, having a
It of top players available if we qualify for the wc could also destabilize the SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The past year has certainly not been good to SE in recruiting top foreign born Nigerians . We laughed off Eye-bee in 2019 while looking forward to snatching Abraham and Tomori but they also turned us down. Since then we've been collecting NOs like Bigporker on ladies night at the lounge. These players seem to want nothing to do with us, particularly the so called British -Nigerians who love jollof rice, Davido but would rather join the queen's army.

You are very daft.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cmoke wrote:God forbid if all these Ajebutters you mentioned below made it to SE!

What we need are home grown warriors like Ndidi!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

We actually have real niaja players on the horizon we need to look at. Ajayi(Egypt base) Onyeaku,Nwobodo deserve a chance.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Stop that ifa...it offers you nothing. Look to Jesus, he is the truth ,the way and the life..No one comes to the Father except through him
You be really Jesus follower? Ok ooo :lol:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Stop that ifa...it offers you nothing. Look to Jesus, he is the truth ,the way and the life..No one comes to the Father except through him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

With the NFF taking months to pay Rohr, Agu and players wages. No wonder.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...who wan jump from fire to frying pan?
Poor administration in the NFA is news world wide.
The world is a village.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote:...who wan jump from fire to frying pan?
The world is a village.
But why would players who have little hope og playing for England noy even consider SE?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Michael Antonio has apparently agreed to play for Jamaica. Let's see if it takes over a year for his switch to be processed. Or is it only a Naija thing.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Adarabioyo apparently stated hw is fighting for a spot at the euros. I dont even think he is all that tbh, but he has relative youth on his side so he will likely improve.

England is a long shot though. Does he not see what happen to Tomori. Delusions of grandeur.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Naija is bigger than anybody,if you really want to play for Nigeria you will say ,no body should beg no body to play for naija.
no one can turn naija down , good luck whatever country they want ,if the country pick them lol
thanks
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mcal wrote:...who wan jump from fire to frying pan?
The world is a village.
But why would players who have little hope og playing for England noy even consider SE?
...the stress too much to commute, fly to naija, plus to get treated the way they are used to. Remember these are players born or raised from infancy in an organized environment. I applaud the ones who made the leap, e no easy o.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

delisyomie don wrote:Naija is bigger than anybody,if you really want to play for Nigeria you will say ,no body should beg no body to play for naija.
no one can turn naija down , good luck whatever country they want ,if the country pick them lol
I agree we shouldnt beg but we should be actively recruiting. We are disadvantaged when a player has to choose between us and a top nation especially if they have a legit chance to make the team for that other nation.

It's not begging. It's recruiting. There's nothing wrong with it.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I don't think there is any prospective Naija player who would overlook the lack or organisation and corruption which plagues Naija today. Anyone here would would ignore the preceding line and ignore the above? Naija need to tidy up their act in all sectors, not just football.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

With Adarabioyo, my guess is Southgate intervened and promised him the world. The boy was set to rep Naija, even showing all the colors and flags on social media, then suddenly the flags and references dissapeared. There is a war going on behind the scene. But the boy should really remember how Tomori, who even play for Chelsea and Milan was discarded. And this boy is relegation bound.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Only 50% of jerseys should go to ajibuters and the other 50 should go to home Grown/based players. We stopped getting noticed on wall stage since the team got overran by ajibutters. Best teams we ever fielded on world stage were mostly home grown players. The starts are there for all to see even though I don’t necessary heavily lean on starts
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:With Adarabioyo, my guess is Southgate intervened and promised him the world. The boy was set to rep Naija, even showing all the colors and flags on social media, then suddenly the flags and references dissapeared. There is a war going on behind the scene. But the boy should really remember how Tomori, who even play for Chelsea and Milan was discarded. And this boy is relegation bound.

Juve started monitoring him and south gate put K leg for us. If SE fail to reach the WC semis in 22 it'll be southgate's fault.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR,

The truth is that none of the decisions made by these players has been surprising. I repeat, not a single one has been surprising. I was hoping Saka's would be, but he made the typical decision.

In full disclosure, I do not know any single one of them nor do I know their parents (Except one or two of them). However, I do know sociology and that is enough to predict the outcome of this to a great extent. That has not been wrong so far and I keep hoping that atleast one will be.

Here is the point. These guys are young men. They are not robots.

They will make the same decision that men of their age will make i.e. they are more comfortable being with their friends and in more familiar surroundings and that, right now, is in Europe and not Nigeria. Forget football, they are not robots, they have friends, they have social networks beyond being on a football field. Their parents, if in the same choice-making situation, may actually take a different route given the fact that the parents have mostly lived in Nigeria and have friends there. It matters.

Now, why have some chosen Nigeria if the above is true?....... Simple. They have chosen Nigeria because they did not see a good chance of playing for the alternative European team. They are driven by the urge to play national team football -- if not for an European team, then Nigeria is a good fall back.

The key for Nigeria is to get these boys to make their decisions as early as possible. Key example is Iwobi's case. He literally made his decision before becoming a first team starter at Arsenal. It is the type of decision that Nigeria should get these lads to make. Get them early perhaps like in Iwobi's case when the U-21 or U-23s in Europe are not really calling on them and then foreclose their opportunity to play full NT anywhere else but Nigeria.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote:Adarabioyo apparently stated hw is fighting for a spot at the euros.
He has a better change of representing the UK at the Eurovision song contest. He's not going to any Euros.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.