IGHALO: Confirms contact but yet to confirm Return to SE...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
IGHALO: Confirms contact but yet to confirm Return to SE...

Post by Enugu II »

FEATURED - BREAKING FOOTBALL NEWSFOOTBALL NEWSINTERNATIONAL NEWS
I’m Yet To Confirm Super Eagles Return, Says Ighalo
By Our Reporter On Oct 29, 2021 0
https://sportinglife.ng/im-yet-to-confi ... ys-ighalo/

Former Manchester United striker, Odion Jude Ighalo, has yet to confirm his return to the country’s national team Super Eagles.

The player presently plying his trade in Saudi Arabia, hinted that he has not replied Nigeria Football Federation President, Amaju Pinnick and coach Gernot Rohr after contacting him on the possibility of returning to the Super Eagles.

The 32-year-old has been considering a shock return to the national team more than two years after he decided to end his international career

Al-Shabab striker retired from international duty after Nigeria’s third-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he finished as the top scorer with five goals.

However, almost three years after his retirement, Rohr revealed Ighalo is set for a return after naming him in his provisional squad for next month’s 2022 World Cup qualifier against Cape Verde and Liberia.

Pinnick also revealed he has been in contact with the ex-Watford striker over a potential return. Ighalo has now confirmed that talks did happen, but he has not decided on whether to return or not.

“They have been in contact with me about the possibility of coming back, Amaju and coach,” Ighalo told ESPN.
“I don’t know. I have not said yes or no. I haven’t made any decision concerning the national team.”

Meanwhile, the 32-year-old showed why Rohr wants him back in the squad after he scored in Al-Shabab’s 3-0 win against Al Tai on Thursday night.

Before his retirement, Ighalo made 35 appearances for the Super Eagles, scoring 16 goals.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IGHALO: Confirms contact but yet to confirm Return to SE...

Post by Odas »

Make dem leaf Ighalo alone. De young man don retire, dats all. If na me be Ighalo, I no go com back
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Makes no sense to me. With the likes of Osimhen, Moffi, Awoniyi, Kelechi, Sadiq, Onuachu, etc all doing well this season.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If true, Rohr and Pinnick will be playing into the hands of their haters. Who will sit for Igjalo to play? Better yet Who's place will je take on the bench?
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:10 am If true, Rohr and Pinnick will be playing into the hands of their haters. Who will sit for Igjalo to play? Better yet Who's place will je take on the bench?
We all know who… :sneaky:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

These clowns still don't get it.

Instead of looking where the problem lies, THE MIDFIELD

They are looking for "experienced" strikers when that is literally the one position where we have the most high quality options.

We have one of the hottest set of strikers in the world, but they would rather call a washed up striker instead of looking to bolster the midfield.

Fools.