Ebere Eze honored a call up to England's U21

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ebere Eze honored a call up to England's U21

Post by bret- hart »

Man Eze will rot away playing for England. If i were him, i would call Pinnick asap file the documents needed for a switch.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The English u21 coach is a bum. How do you have all that attacking talent and yet 0 goals in 120+minutes :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Portugal 2 England 0

Madueke offered nothing. Doesn't look better than anything we already have.

Eze came on for 2nd half and didn't do much, but you can tell he is a classy player with his touches and he has smarts to his game.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:Man Eze will rot away playing for England. If i were him, i would call Pinnick asap file the documents needed for a switch.

If he files quick he may be ready for AFCON 2023. :taunt:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Do we really need Eze at this point?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:Do we really need Eze at this point?

If you are correct on Olise and Lookman, plus Ejaria, not really. He would just be an added bonus at that point. Wouldn't be a necessity.

Hes definately a good player though, the more the merrier.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Man Eze will rot away playing for England. If i were him, i would call Pinnick asap file the documents needed for a switch.

Well its his fault for wasting his time with England. Dude is not built to play kick and rush football.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Many players have moved on from unsuccessful junior teams to great careers at senior level. I wish him well.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Well its his fault for wasting his time with England. Dude is not built to play kick and rush football.
Come on dude.
England don't play 'kick an rush' football any more.
Which century you dey? :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Eze is okay. My gripe is that he loses the ball a lot.

###
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Eze starts and scores a penalty.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It ends in tears for Eze and England as they needed to win by 2 goals.

2-0 up and going into extra time, the Croatians pulled a goal back.

England eliminated.

Youth Football officially over for Eze.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

England didn’t even consider him for game against Sam Marino!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Funny, but this isn't the first time I've read comments from the English that he should "declare for England".
It just goes to show how people see things strictly from their own perspectives.
Nigerians say he has "already declared for England"
The English know he hasn't and that as things stand, Nigeria could still snatch him quite easily and legitimately.
Pressure grows on Eberechi Eze to swear his allegiance
Sheffield United 0 Crystal Palace 2

Paul Rowan
Monday May 10 2021, 9.00am,
The Times

Eze illuminated Bramall Lane with a goalscoring display.

It comes with the territory for Crystal Palace that as soon as one of their young players starts to shine, talk begins of switching club, even switching country. Eberechi Eze is the latest star to be caught in a tug-of-war.

Gernot Rohr, the Nigeria manager, has said that he has been talking to the England Under-21 international about playing for the Super Eagles. The pressure on the 22-year-old to pledge his allegiance will only intensify after an eye-popping performance by the attacking midfielder away to Sheffield United.

Eze’s “silky skills” — as Roy Hodgson, the Palace manager, calls them — lit up a grey Bramall Lane when he scored a brilliant individual goal two minutes from time. Think Ricky Villa rather than Chris Waddle. Eze left John Lundstram for dead in the Palace half and gracefully carried the ball with deceptive speed to the United penalty area, where he feinted past a couple of hapless opponents and scored with a deflected shot into the corner of the net.

He had made a similar run in the first half but played in Christian Benteke instead for the opening Palace goal. There could have been more goals. “We had a lack of composure in the last third, but Eze was magic,” Benteke said.

Eze grew up in the less salubrious part of Greenwich, south London, the son of Nigerian parents, and his youth was spent playing cage football with his friends, which, he says, was a great grounding for his success. It is that success that has taken him to a crossroads, leaving him with some tough decisions to make.

Hodgson was disappointed that Eze’s team-mate Wilfried Zaha, who played England age-group football before gaining two senior caps, did not get much of a look in before he switched allegiance to Ivory Coast. The former England manager seemed unaware of Nigeria’s approach to Eze.

“When it comes to nationality I have never given it a thought,” he said. “I suppose that every black player from south London will have roots, but he has been playing regularly for the England under-21s. I just automatically assumed that is where he sees his international career in trying to play for England and he will keep fighting for a spot.”

As well as Nigeria, AC Milan are believed to be circling, but Eze is on a five-year contract having signed from Queens Park Rangers in the summer, for £15 million plus £5 million in add-ons. “That is quite an investment for us. I wasn’t contemplating that it was an investment that would only last one season,” Hodgson remarked drily.

There is also a chance that Eze’s future may not concern Hodgson for much longer. The 73-year-old’s contract is up in the summer and the manager said that he has not made his mind up about staying for another season.
However, he still had a spring in his step as he walked through St Pancras station on Saturday night on his way home from the game, amiably exchanging greetings with onlookers, and no wonder after watching Eze at work.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pres ... -nh2l0tngn
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:Funny, but this isn't the first time I've read comments from the English that he should "declare for England".
It just goes to show how people see things strictly from their own perspectives.
Nigerians say he has "already declared for England"
The English know he hasn't and that as things stand, Nigeria could still snatch him quite easily and legitimately.
Pressure grows on Eberechi Eze to swear his allegiance
Sheffield United 0 Crystal Palace 2

Paul Rowan
Monday May 10 2021, 9.00am,
The Times

Eze illuminated Bramall Lane with a goalscoring display.

It comes with the territory for Crystal Palace that as soon as one of their young players starts to shine, talk begins of switching club, even switching country. Eberechi Eze is the latest star to be caught in a tug-of-war.

Gernot Rohr, the Nigeria manager, has said that he has been talking to the England Under-21 international about playing for the Super Eagles. The pressure on the 22-year-old to pledge his allegiance will only intensify after an eye-popping performance by the attacking midfielder away to Sheffield United.

Eze’s “silky skills” — as Roy Hodgson, the Palace manager, calls them — lit up a grey Bramall Lane when he scored a brilliant individual goal two minutes from time. Think Ricky Villa rather than Chris Waddle. Eze left John Lundstram for dead in the Palace half and gracefully carried the ball with deceptive speed to the United penalty area, where he feinted past a couple of hapless opponents and scored with a deflected shot into the corner of the net.

He had made a similar run in the first half but played in Christian Benteke instead for the opening Palace goal. There could have been more goals. “We had a lack of composure in the last third, but Eze was magic,” Benteke said.

Eze grew up in the less salubrious part of Greenwich, south London, the son of Nigerian parents, and his youth was spent playing cage football with his friends, which, he says, was a great grounding for his success. It is that success that has taken him to a crossroads, leaving him with some tough decisions to make.

Hodgson was disappointed that Eze’s team-mate Wilfried Zaha, who played England age-group football before gaining two senior caps, did not get much of a look in before he switched allegiance to Ivory Coast. The former England manager seemed unaware of Nigeria’s approach to Eze.

“When it comes to nationality I have never given it a thought,” he said. “I suppose that every black player from south London will have roots, but he has been playing regularly for the England under-21s. I just automatically assumed that is where he sees his international career in trying to play for England and he will keep fighting for a spot.”

As well as Nigeria, AC Milan are believed to be circling, but Eze is on a five-year contract having signed from Queens Park Rangers in the summer, for £15 million plus £5 million in add-ons. “That is quite an investment for us. I wasn’t contemplating that it was an investment that would only last one season,” Hodgson remarked drily.

There is also a chance that Eze’s future may not concern Hodgson for much longer. The 73-year-old’s contract is up in the summer and the manager said that he has not made his mind up about staying for another season.
However, he still had a spring in his step as he walked through St Pancras station on Saturday night on his way home from the game, amiably exchanging greetings with onlookers, and no wonder after watching Eze at work.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pres ... -nh2l0tngn

England have many options ahead of him that are not even getting a call. Even if he declared today he's not likely to get clearance for a year and that puts him out of the SE window. He can make SE WS 2026 sha.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...a very good player, but I don't blame some of these youngsters and their parents for sitting on the fence not to declare immediately for Nigeria. NFA is a nightmare.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mcal wrote:...a very good player, but I don't blame some of these youngsters and their parents for sitting on the fence not to declare immediately for Nigeria. NFA is a nightmare.

So we should fix NFF so we can attract Eze?He can go to hell! :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mcal wrote:...a very good player, but I don't blame some of these youngsters and their parents for sitting on the fence not to declare immediately for Nigeria. NFA is a nightmare.

So we should fix NFF so we can attract Eze?He can go to hell! :boo:
...too late to fix our FA to attract the Ezes out there.
Nigeria football administration will be like this for a very long time even after Eze retire from football.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why is this thread here?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sadly out of action, possibly till early next year after suffering an achilles injury in training yesterday.
Get well soon Ebere! :clap: :clap: :clap:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Why is this thread here?
He is a football player who is eligible to play for Nigeria.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:Sadly out of action, possibly till early next year after suffering an achilles injury in training yesterday.
Get well soon Ebere! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oh no! I wish him a quick recovery.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eberechi Eze: Crystal Palace forward suffers 'serious injury'
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57179484
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved