Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
jette1 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Accusing a country of administering a fake test is reckless talk.
True, but a country that denied their visitors from a crucial practise session by 'offing' the floodlights can do anything.
It's called dirty tricks and we'll just have to await the next batch of results.



So you think it's possible for Benin Republic to clear 23 players, and all the coaches only to falsify only Iwobi's result all I'm the name of dirty tricks?


do you think it's impossible to have host countries supply the referees and officials for a qualifier match against another nation. why isn't this done



:???: :???: :???:

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:10 pm
Posts: 1792
Location: pittsburgh
Otitokoro wrote:
This is likely an indication that his second test came back positive.
He doesn't have to show any obvious signs of the virus, as he might be asymptomatic.

Considering the nonchalant behavior exhibited by Iwobi, Ola Aina, Osimhen and others (as witnessed in some of the pictures/videos posted online) regarding COVID 19 safety protocols, would be surprised if there aren't any other 'positives' in the team.
Damunk wrote:
"Iwobi has left the camp," Eagles spokesman Babafemi Raji told AFP.
"Before he left, he did not show any symptoms, he was fine."

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... =cppstRead more at:



Don't you think it would be proper for him to leave the camp after the first test, for fear of preventing others from contracting it? You don't have to wait until the second result to confirm it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18782
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Na waao.

Iwobi should get another test to be certain given what has been taking place with tests for continental competitions. What Rohr stated is actually based on shenanigans going on with COVID tests in content competitions. However, one can never be sure if the test result is genuine but it is important to go through another test administered by a trusted party.

Having stated the above, that Rohr statement is shocking. I am left to believe that he said this in confidence with the belief or even assurance that he would not be publicly quoted.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8258
Reports I read was that he did leave Benin Rep. and returned to Lagos for quarantining, after his initial test.
They mentioned administering a second test in Lagos - which I suspect might have also been positive, hence his leaving the camp.
jungle-jawara wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
This is likely an indication that his second test came back positive.
He doesn't have to show any obvious signs of the virus, as he might be asymptomatic.

Considering the nonchalant behavior exhibited by Iwobi, Ola Aina, Osimhen and others (as witnessed in some of the pictures/videos posted online) regarding COVID 19 safety protocols, would be surprised if there aren't any other 'positives' in the team.
Damunk wrote:
"Iwobi has left the camp," Eagles spokesman Babafemi Raji told AFP.
"Before he left, he did not show any symptoms, he was fine."

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... =cppstRead more at:



Don't you think it would be proper for him to leave the camp after the first test, for fear of preventing others from contracting it? You don't have to wait until the second result to confirm it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47329
1naija wrote:
jette1 wrote:
whose idea was it to have host nations testing opponents instead of an independent agency


Every country has its own Covid19 protocols visitors must adhere to. I don't believe Benin Republic decided to clear 23 players and coaches, but give only Iwobi fake positive result. If he does not have the virus, then the only possible explanation is that it was a false positive result as someone already said.


Its because he has the Okocha bloodline in him. The fear of Jay Jay is the beginning of wisdom.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:
jette1 wrote:
whose idea was it to have host nations testing opponents instead of an independent agency


Every country has its own Covid19 protocols visitors must adhere to. I don't believe Benin Republic decided to clear 23 players and coaches, but give only Iwobi fake positive result. If he does not have the virus, then the only possible explanation is that it was a false positive result as someone already said.


Its because he has the Okocha bloodline in him. The fear of Jay Jay is the beginning of wisdom.



:???: :???: :???:

Murds ... please let's not allow some jubrils here to tarnish our most effective player's name. Did Okocha ever score against Argentina? Mshewwwww!

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:56 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 845
:atc: So scoring against Argentina in a meaningless friendly is the new yardstick for measuring effectiveness?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10901
Location: loughborough.
gochino wrote:
:atc: So scoring against Argentina in a meaningless friendly is the new yardstick for measuring effectiveness?

One of Rohr great achievement is beating Argentina!

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:18 pm
Posts: 11257
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Accusing a country of administering a fake test is reckless talk.
True, but a country that denied their visitors from a crucial practise session by 'offing' the floodlights can do anything.
It's called dirty tricks and we'll just have to await the next batch of results.



So you think it's possible for Benin Republic to clear 23 players, and all the coaches only to falsify only Iwobi's result all I'm the name of dirty tricks?

2 of their own players also tested positive and were excluded.

_________________
"The only thing new in the world is the history you don't know." — Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5657
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Left camp to where?

Per UK COVID rules he should not be boarding any flight.

Where is he? We need more info but as usual our journos wont provide us with anything tangible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
gochino wrote:
:atc: So scoring against Argentina in a meaningless friendly is the new yardstick for measuring effectiveness?


No, not scoring in a meaningless friendly or a meaningful game is a much better yardstick. Mscheeew! Abeg gerrara hia... :rotf:

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 6153
Location: No man's land

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44457
Location: UK
imehjunior wrote:
The mystery deepens.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 34678
Location: The Kingdom
imehjunior wrote:


This just adds to the distrust around these COVID-19 tests. Na baba God go help us.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am
Posts: 733
Location: Obodo Oyibo
So those hating on Rohr can now see he was right. Cos how on earth will every other person test negative and Iwobi who has been mingling with all the players is the only only one to come out positive???

_________________
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 90134
Location: Earth
Well Benin were up to no good . Glad Alex tested negative

_________________
SuperEagles
© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10901
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
The mystery deepens.

Not a big deal and it´s not unusual with Covid test.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44457
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
The mystery deepens.

Not a big deal and it´s not unusual with Covid test.
Brah...this is unusual.
The players would probably have had tests before departure from their bases and on arrival in Naija (or in camp).
I don't believe the test on arrival in Benin was his first test in weeks. That would be a breach of the FIFA covid protocol.
So for him to test positive for the first time in such a run of tests and then negative again barely a day or two later get as e be.
False positives are about 1 in 1000.

Anyway, thank God he's negative cos the implications would have been huge for him and his teammates in camp.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:07 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10901
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
Brah...this is unusual.
The players would probably have had tests before departure from their bases and on arrival in Naija (or in camp).
I don't believe the test in Benin was his first test in weeks.
So for him to test positive for the first time in such a run of tests and then negative again barely a day or two later get as e be.
False positives are about 1 in 1000.

Anyway, thank God he's negative cos the implication would have been huge for him and his teammates in camp.

Egbon, I dey do some work with Covid at the moment and have come across a couple.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:15 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44457
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Brah...this is unusual.
The players would probably have had tests before departure from their bases and on arrival in Naija (or in camp).
I don't believe the test in Benin was his first test in weeks.
So for him to test positive for the first time in such a run of tests and then negative again barely a day or two later get as e be.
False positives are about 1 in 1000.

Anyway, thank God he's negative cos the implication would have been huge for him and his teammates in camp.

Egbon, I dey do some work with Covid at the moment and have come across a couple.
Not saying you haven't. Not saying it doesnt exist.
What I am saying is that its extremely rare. I haven't come across any yet myself.
The fact that we don't even know whether they did a confirmatory test is a huge gap in the story.
But let's stay tuned.....

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:00 pm
Posts: 3024
Location: Throne Room

_________________
If not for Jesus, where will i be?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10901
Location: loughborough.
oyek wrote:

One would expect Rohr to experiment with more HB players.....

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5303
oyek wrote:


Great to hear he has been cleared. I hope he doesn't get carried away showboating, trying to entertain the Lagos fans. Chai! but for Covid, Lagos fans are absolutely crazy :biggrin: , they demand goals and always want to be entertained.... Eeeh, eeh, eeh, uwww rings the air from kick off. :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gochino and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group