Anayo Iwualaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Anayo Iwualaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Some of you guys are hilarious. You insist he’s not ready despite 2 back2back caps. I guess there’s a reason why you guys ain’t coaching the SuperEagles. I’d really love to hear what you’ll have to say when he gets a 3rd successive cap❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:So much hype about a player who did very little...

He has talent. But has a long ways to go...
Yep, if this is the best the local league has to offer then I see why Rohr hasn't really tapped into it. Definitely not ready for the SE, no time soon. But its always good to get these players exposure, but better done at youth teams or CHAN etc...
I think he showed a lot of promise and you guys are being a little too harsh on him. Misplaced passes? Wrong decision making? 'Captain' Ekong was just as bad, or worse. :idea:

Iwuala needs time to blend in and he def needs to build his confidence. Watch the celebrations after the Onuachu goal vs RoB and you'll see how he lacked the confidence to join in.
However, the exposure was good for him and tbh, it wasn't in any way evident that he wasn't on the same level as the other players.

More minutes will either make him or expose him. Nobody in that team should take their place for granted as there are players waiting to step in and Iwuala is legitimately one of such players.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Yep, if this is the best the local league has to offer then I see why Rohr hasn't really tapped into it. Definitely not ready for the SE, no time soon. But its always good to get these players exposure, but better done at youth teams or CHAN etc...
I think he showed a lot of promise and you guys are being a little too harsh on him. Misplaced passes? Wrong decision making? 'Captain' Ekong was just as bad, or worse. :idea:

Iwuala needs time to blend in and he def needs to build his confidence. Watch the celebrations after the Onuachu goal vs RoB and you'll see how he lacked the confidence to join in.
However, the exposure was good for him and tbh, it wasn't in any way evident that he wasn't on the same level as the other players.

More minutes will either make him or expose him. Nobody in that team should take their place for granted as there are players waiting to step in and Iwuala is legitimately one of such players.
Not being harsh at all, it’s just the truth. I was excited about his upside after a few minutes of play vs Benin. It’s obvious he has talent, but when you see the poor decisions over and over you realize how poor the coaching in the local league must be if this is the best it has to offer. IMO he has a long way to go but the SE is more so for finished products and I don’t think he’s shown he belongs yet. But let’s see what Rohr does with him going forward.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I noticed that he ran up to the players and stopped short of joining the celebrations. I wonder why?
I am happy
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Looks like a good dribbler and I like his confidence. I need to watch some Enyimba games so I can truly assess his decision making in the final third. That can make or break a winger.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I noticed that he ran up to the players and stopped short of joining the celebrations. I wonder why?
Na complex.
E no easy.
Not sure he has been made to feel welcome but for some people, its very difficult.
Maybe he is just a very shy person.
He looked truly lost.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Na complex.
E no easy.
Not sure he has been made to feel welcome but for some people, its very difficult.
Maybe he is just a very shy person.
He looked truly lost.
It might be his personality. However, one thing I like about the kid is that it did not affect his play. He still had the gumption to take on opponents and to strike at goal without deferring too much. I love the lad and the fact that on the field he believed (at least outwardly) that he belonged.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

because he is intelligent and appropriately measured
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

I am not impressed. His decision making is very suspect.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote:I am not impressed. His decision making is very suspect.
Lolly,

Just asking: How is Chukwueze's decision making?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote:
Lolly,

Equally as bad. I have lost faith in Chukwueze especially when he is playing for Nigeria. I used to believe he would develop into a superstar but he seems to have slowed down and is not improving at all. He was the worst player on show against Lesotho.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Lolly,

He was the worst player on show against Lesotho.
Yes he was.

and it pains me to say it.

I think he will come good though.

Chukwueze struggles in a 442 both for club and country. He is much better when deployed as a wide forward in a 433.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Lolly,

Equally as bad. I have lost faith in Chukwueze especially when he is playing for Nigeria. I used to believe he would develop into a superstar but he seems to have slowed down and is not improving at all. He was the worst player on show against Lesotho.
Thanks. Just checking on your evaluation of players.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He may not get invited again when Kalu and Simon come back. Then you also have the likes of Ejuke, Osayi-Samuel, and Tosin Aiyegun waiting in the wings.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:He may not get invited again when Kalu and Simon come back. Then you also have the likes of Ejuke, Osayi-Samuel, and Tosin Aiyegun waiting in the wings.
What the hell is happening to Ejuke out there?
Seems he fell out of favour at his club.
I hope he's not regretting his move.
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Lolly,

So do you agree with my evaluation of both players?

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:He may not get invited again when Kalu and Simon come back. Then you also have the likes of Ejuke, Osayi-Samuel, and Tosin Aiyegun waiting in the wings.
Not really its just been a bad season for his team so far, he even assisted a goal in their most recent game
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Not really its just been a bad season for his team so far, he even assisted a goal in their most recent game
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I just don't want him to lose his belief in his dribbling ability.
Some teams/managers can coach it out of you, esp in young developing players.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

.........................the first time...................

1. The first time Chukwueze was in the team how did he behave?

2. The first time Osimhen was in the team how did he behave?

3. The first time Simon was in the team how did he behave?

4. The first time etc etc etc was in the team how did he behave?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Last edited by Sunset on Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

my goodness , what a player... wow , see dribbling with some serious pace and that goal was sick... this dude won't be a homebase for long...chei , the guy is LIT!!!!
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Lolly,

Not 100%. I need to see more of Iwuala but there is some Chukwueze in him that is a concern i.e. putting your head down and trying to get past several players instead of a simple pass. He does, however, have some really good movement and appears quite fast on the ball with seamless change of pace and direction.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Lolly,

Not 100%. I need to see more of Iwuala but there is some Chukwueze in him that is a concern i.e. putting your head down and trying to get past several players instead of a simple pass. He does, however, have some really good movement and appears quite fast on the ball with seamless change of pace and direction.
Very Ikedia-ish to me than an Samu...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!