Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Tyrone Ebuehi is my MOM.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:38 pm 

He had a clean game today and gave the team an outlet on the right. His forays upfront were a delight too. My MoM by a mile. Anyone else agrees?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm 

Been saying since his first ever game for us...The Boy is a BALLER!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm 

doctorollie wrote:
He had a clean game today and gave the team an outlet on the right. His forays upfront were a delight too. My MoM by a mile. Anyone else agrees?

Yes, he is MoM.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 pm 

Yeah he got up front but never created anything; Samu who he should’ve dovetailed with had a stinker

doctorollie wrote:

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:54 pm 

tedder89 wrote:
Yeah he got up front but never created anything; Samu who he should’ve dovetailed with had a stinker

doctorollie wrote:

To be honest Samu underwhelmes when he plays for the SE. I honestly can't remember a SE game he has really dominated and added genuine value.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:23 pm 

Same for me. Closely followed by Ndidi.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:24 pm 

Don't let the Aina fans catch you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:26 pm 

I thought Ndidi was the best player on the field. He was my MOM. Tyrone was too conservative with the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 pm 

This is Lesotho people

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:31 pm 

jette1 wrote:
This is Lesotho people

Have you been following the results around the world?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:55 pm 

Ugbowo wrote:
jette1 wrote:
This is Lesotho people

Have you been following the results around the world?

It doesn’t matter; Lesotho is not playing for anything

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:13 pm 

jette1 wrote:
This is Lesotho people

Your point being...there should be no MOM because they played inferior opposition? :?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:59 pm 

Ugbowo wrote:
I thought Ndidi was the best player on the field. He was my MOM. Tyrone was too conservative with the ball.

kpom.

Ndidi man of the match by far.

Ebuehi was just okay. did nothing wrong, but in a game against such a weak opponent I would have wanted more in attack from him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:01 pm 

jette1 wrote:
This is Lesotho people

That Lesotho goalkeeper looks like a plumber that called up at short notice to keep!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:16 pm 

theYemster wrote:
jette1 wrote:
This is Lesotho people

Your point being...there should be no MOM because they played inferior opposition? :?

I tire oo :taunt:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:35 am 
Site Admin

jette1 wrote:
This is Lesotho people

So no need to select man of the match because it is Lesotho, abi? :???:

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:08 pm 

doctorollie wrote:
tedder89 wrote:

doctorollie wrote:

To be honest Samu underwhelmes when he plays for the SE. I honestly can't remember a SE game he has really dominated and added genuine value.

He needs to try to keep it simple. It is really getting ridiculous. Yesterday, I saw clearly why you cannot have him and Onuachu on the field at the same time as they do not complement each other. Just a thought.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:30 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
doctorollie wrote:
tedder89 wrote:

doctorollie wrote:

He needs to try to keep it simple. It is really getting ridiculous. Yesterday, I saw clearly why you cannot have him and Onuachu on the field at the same time as they do not complement each other. Just a thought.

perhaps he should be played from the left side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:41 pm 

vancity eagle wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

kpom.

Ndidi man of the match by far.

Ebuehi was just okay. did nothing wrong, but in a game against such a weak opponent I would have wanted more in attack from him.

Ebuehi was one of the major reasons we had defeated Mighty Argentina in a Friendly before the last World Cup. His whole side was locked down. No pennetration from Argentina.
Ebuehi, had he come on against Croatia and Argentina i strongly believe would have made a difference.
Bro,
Ebuhi's prime objective is to DEFEND.
Had he been over lapping too much and his back was exposed and Balogun or Ekong had to constantly cover, we for dey Complaim.
Remember he had one of the few best shots on Goal yesterday the goal keeper had to dive to save.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:00 pm 

ANC wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
doctorollie wrote:
tedder89 wrote:

doctorollie wrote:

perhaps he should be played from the left side

That position would be foreign to him, doubt that would help.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:03 pm 

Ebuehi had a good game, not a great one. I recall in the first half how he was turned inside-out by the Lesotho attacker, and there was a cross that was smothered by Uzoho. If you are shown your number like that, as a defender, you don't get the MOM. What if the cross was directed at a team-mate?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:36 pm 

Obong wrote:
Ebuehi had a good game, not a great one. I recall in the first half how he was turned inside-out by the Lesotho attacker, and there was a cross that was smothered by Uzoho. If you are shown your number like that, as a defender, you don't get the MOM. What if the cross was directed at a team-mate?

And the only time that happened throughout the whole game.

I suspect he touched the ball more than any other player on the pitch. The guy was composed and rarely gave away any pass.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."