Fire Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fire Rohr

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
Under Rohr we've enjoyed the most STABLE and drama-free era of Nigerian football devoid of dysfunctional distractions, the usual business of BIGMANISM and player vs coach clash is now over, players are like best friends in camp and the team bond, camadarie and spirit is like brothers meeting up for the first time in each camp session... a great blueprint the next coach will massively benefit from all thanks to Rohr.

THIS.

Although I am hoping the next coach will build upon this foundation, instead of doing what Keshi actually did, which was to tear it all apart and "build from scratch" Even though the team he tore apart was already young and promising. (SSS had started to build something great IMO)

remember how this "build from scratch" was touted as a great thing.

Rohr and Pinnick have basically established the foundation for the SE for the next 2 to 3 World Cups, and like I said I pray the next coach after Rohr has the same vision, in fact they should be grooming his successor as we speak, and I am not talking about Yobo.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: THIS.

Although I am hoping the next coach will build upon this foundation, instead of doing what Keshi actually did, which was to tear it all apart and "build from scratch" Even though the team he tore apart was already young and promising. (SSS had started to build something great IMO)

Rohr and Pinnick have basically established the foundation for the SE for the next 2 to 3 World Cups, and like I said I pray the next coach after Rohr has the same vision, in fact they should be grooming his successor as we speak, and I am not talking about Yobo.
Build from the foundation of learning in the WC.

Lowering expectations.

Golden Bronze

WC Group phase.

What a wonderful foundation to build from.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote: THIS.

Build from the foundation of learning in the WC.

Lowering expectations.

Golden Bronze

WC Group phase.

What a wonderful foundation to build from.
You're too short-sighted in your reasoning... try give some room for some rational and cognitive thinking sometimes! we are talking about the long term benefit this team if it remains together stands to gain from when Rohr leaves... would you rather we have a dysfunctional team?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is one of the reason i want **** gone.. we have two white men / oyinbo is better. fanatics..tobi and that joker called VE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Under Rohr we've enjoyed the most STABLE and drama-free era of Nigerian football devoid of dysfunctional distractions, the usual business of BIGMANISM and player vs coach clash is now over, players are like best friends in camp and the team bond, camadarie and spirit is like brothers meeting up for the first time in each camp session... a great blueprint the next coach will massively benefit from all thanks to Rohr.

THIS.

VE,

I have a strong feeling that Yobo is been groomed to take over from Rohr, his appointment as assistant coach wasn't mere coincidence... NFF definitely won't break bank to sign some popular name coach so either Yobo or Amunike will be our coach after Rohr's contract ends. Mark it down!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:this is one of the reason i want **** gone.. we have two white men / oyinbo is better. fanatics..tobi and that joker called VE
He will be gone soon don't worry, just a year left om his contract? :taunt: Yobo might be your next coach so begin to prepare your power point presentation of more wailing cause things are about to get more interesting! Na that time una go appreciate Rohr more.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

THIS.

VE,

I have a strong feeling that Yobo is been groomed to take over from Rohr, his appointment as assistant coach wasn't mere coincidence... NFF definitely won't break bank to sign some popular name coach so either Yobo or Amunike will be our coach after Rohr's contract ends. Mark it down!

I know, but the guy no get experience, or even UEFA coaches badges.

At least Amunike has that going for him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:this is one of the reason i want **** gone.. we have two white men / oyinbo is better. fanatics..tobi and that joker called VE
He will be gone soon don't worry, just a year left om his contract? :taunt: Yobo might be your next coach so begin to prepare your power point presentation of more wailing cause things are about to get more interesting! Na that time una go appreciate Rohr more.
When you learn to focus on the team and leave sentiments towards a manager, then just maybe you realize the team is bigger than a coach. There are reasons teams like Chelsea, Real, Bayern Barca etc do keep on winning trophies etc
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
When you learn to focus on the team and leave sentiments towards a manager, then just maybe you realize the team is bigger than a coach. There are reasons teams like Chelsea, Real, Bayern Barca etc do keep on winning trophies etc
Right there! in your own words. Then use that same principle to support your team without the needless campaign of bitterness towards a coach who is paid to do his job! if Rohr was that bad a manager, I'm sure the players wouldn't even want to play for him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I do not support any manager and hold zero empathy for any. I am only concerned towards the teams I support. The managers are getting paid for coaching rubbish. **** is one of the worst coaches I have ever witnessed coaching my team.****, betty,largerbeer, bora.. these coaches should all be cancelled
SuperEagles

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Suddenly we've forgotten NOT TOO LONG AGO how we used to keep our blood pressure machines, Bibles/Koran, and calculators within reach when it came very tedious moments of qualifying to tournaments even when we were seeded in the same groups with the same "minnows"... how we used to huff and puff to beat the likes of Swaziland, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Congo (the fake one), Tanzania etc. Rohr aside, on what basis do we even deserve to be this entitled? because we're the Super Eagles of Nigeria? well tell that to the so called minnows who have seen us fail to qualify for two consecutive AFCONs and don't have the least shred of fear towards us anymore... lets learn to tame our over-pampered sentiments, considering how unsavory our recent history has been.
kpom.
These days we just lose to Madagascar and struggle to draw with Sierra Leone....yipee! Progress!!! :lol:

Please I am NOT in the Rohr-Out camp, but abegi let's not revise factual history because of some apparent inferiority complex issues. After all, before Rohr we had a coach with an unblemished and untarnished 100% in AFCON qualifiers, winning ALL 6 games (home and away) while conceding barely 1 own-goal in the process - and many WOWO CEs (including specifically the "kpomer" here) still vociferously campaigned for his removal. SMH
Thank you! The one goal was a freak own goal. And the kpomer had the guts to suggest that Rohr has a better record than the said coach.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Adisboy wrote:
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Suddenly we've forgotten NOT TOO LONG AGO how we used to keep our blood pressure machines, Bibles/Koran, and calculators within reach when it came very tedious moments of qualifying to tournaments even when we were seeded in the same groups with the same "minnows"... how we used to huff and puff to beat the likes of Swaziland, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Congo (the fake one), Tanzania etc. Rohr aside, on what basis do we even deserve to be this entitled? because we're the Super Eagles of Nigeria? well tell that to the so called minnows who have seen us fail to qualify for two consecutive AFCONs and don't have the least shred of fear towards us anymore... lets learn to tame our over-pampered sentiments, considering how unsavory our recent history has been.
kpom.
These days we just lose to Madagascar and struggle to draw with Sierra Leone....yipee! Progress!!! :lol:

Please I am NOT in the Rohr-Out camp, but abegi let's not revise factual history because of some apparent inferiority complex issues. After all, before Rohr we had a coach with an unblemished and untarnished 100% in AFCON qualifiers, winning ALL 6 games (home and away) while conceding barely 1 own-goal in the process - and many WOWO CEs (including specifically the "kpomer" here) still vociferously campaigned for his removal. SMH
Gotti, the highlighted above has only happened once in our history, which was the first round 2010 World Cup qualification that also acted as the 2010 AFCON qualification. Here we had South Africa, Equatorial Guinea & Sierra Leone in our group. This was under Amodu. Apart from that we won 5 out of 6 for the 2008 AFCON qualifiers under Berti Vogts, our only loss away to Uganda. In our group we also had Niger and guess who - Lesotho. Do you know that under Rohr, Nigeria has never lost an away qualifier in both AFCON & World Cup? No coach has ever achieved that in our history. Do you also know that Rohr has won more away matches than any coach in our history? Abeg, give the man his due. People say he has no ambition, trust me you will see it in the next 20 months or so, not by his words but by his actions.
Amodu never lost a qualifier!!! Home or away!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote:My point in this Rohr vs Keshi debate is that much of success in football comes down to luck and circumstance.

Keshi's successes have a lot to do with that if we are to be honest. He rode his luck and got the team to perform well at key moments (Ivory Coast quarterfinal)

The idea that there was something "magical" that Keshi was doing that Rohr is not, is completely false and ignoring the much more favorable situations Keshi found himself in. Such as

1) Weak Afcon tournament compared to Rohr

2) Weakest World Cup qualifying route of any of the 32 teams, while Rohr had to battle it out in the African Group of death.

3) Weakest World cup group (with the bonus of a ref calling off a legit Bosnia goal) compared to Rohr again in the group of death with eventual runners up.

These are indisputable facts, and if people want to compare the records of these 2 coaches, this proper context must be discussed.
AFCON

Keshi - Winner; Rohr - Bronze

WC

Keshi - Second Round; Rohr - First Round

Facts not feelings.

But Keshi was black so to Vancity Eagle he had to be worse
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

And nah Joseph Yobo wey score that own goal
SuperEagles

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:And nah Joseph Yobo wey score that own goal
But he scored away winners against Sierra Leone and Equatorial Guinea
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

aruako1 wrote:Amodu never lost a qualifier!!! Home or away!!!
No. Only Rohr has that record in Nigeria.

Breaking the Rohr MYTH!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tobi17 wrote: You're too short-sighted in your reasoning... try give some room for some rational and cognitive thinking sometimes! we are talking about the long term benefit this team if it remains together stands to gain from when Rohr leaves... would you rather we have a dysfunctional team?
If you really want to have rational and cognitive discussion... none of ´You're too short-sighted in your reasoning´.

The long term benefit to the team would be have a coach who is devoid of Rohr mentality.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So people are now interested in records again?
Amazing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In his 38 games in charge, Amodu has the best 'PWDLGFGAPpg' record BY FAR of all four of our longest serving coaches.
The rest are all roughly about even.
So everyone should feel free to 'pick and choose' what records suit their arguments. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:So people are now interested in records again?
Amazing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In his 38 games in charge, Amodu has the best 'PWDLGFGAPpg' record BY FAR of all four of our longest serving coaches.
The rest are all roughly about even.
So everyone should feel free to 'pick and choose' what records suit their arguments. :lol:
Some had referred to Rohr's record as an indicator of his superiority. We have only responded by showing the records of other managers (e.g. Amodu). For me, I prefer to judge by trophies and progress in tournaments. Using that barometer Westerhof and Keshi are the most successful.

Rohr has been ok and has the opportunity to become the greatest. I want to see his teams own and manage games the way they did in the 2018 qualifying campaign.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I know these loosers were praying for SE to slip up these 2 matches and their daggers would be fully unsheathed.

2 victories
2 shut outs
6 points
4 goals
Broke Benin,'s 8 year home unbeaten streak.

Abeg beautiful transformers are waiting. Go embrace am.
You need a mirror, hypocrite.

You wanted CIV to beat SE because of your hatred for Keshi.
If you see this as unacceptable - and righty so - then why have you been deathly quiet on the numerous times your big, whining, prickly 'Porkupine' has been wishing ill on the SE and praying for their defeat and non-qualification?
All because of Rohr o, nothing else.
As the senior tag-team partner-in hate, you suppose call am to order, because you would never go that far. :sneaky:

Or is there something we are missing? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Doc, Fabio and even Bigpokey have NEVER rooted against the Eagles.

Rohr is not a coach. He is at best a manager.

I have asked you pro-Rohr fans what is it you can point to and say this is what the team does well?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I know these loosers were praying for SE to slip up these 2 matches and their daggers would be fully unsheathed.

2 victories
2 shut outs
6 points
4 goals
Broke Benin,'s 8 year home unbeaten streak.

Abeg beautiful transformers are waiting. Go embrace am.
You need a mirror, hypocrite.

You wanted CIV to beat SE because of your hatred for Keshi.
If you see this as unacceptable - and righty so - then why have you been deathly quiet on the numerous times your big, whining, prickly 'Porkupine' has been wishing ill on the SE and praying for their defeat and non-qualification?
All because of Rohr o, nothing else.
As the senior tag-team partner-in hate, you suppose call am to order, because you would never go that far. :sneaky:

Or is there something we are missing? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Doc, Fabio and even Bigpokey have NEVER rooted against the Eagles.

Rohr is not a coach. He is at best a manager.

I have asked you pro-Rohr fans what is it you can point to and say this is what the team does well?
But Vancity Eagle cheered for Ivory Coast against his own team because he didn't like the black coache of Nigeria.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Otitokoro wrote: Keshi's group had Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina. Nigeria had a favorable possibility of qualifying from that group, considering the antecedents of the likes of Iran and B+H..
Rohr's group (Argentina, Croatia and Iceland) had an eventual world cup finalist and an UEFA championship quarter finalist team in it.
From an 'apples to apples' comparison of both groups from a degree of difficulty standpoint , it made sense that Keshi was able to qualify.
Nna, at 2014 WC we were the least ranked team in our group.

You all can promote Rohr because of your biases. Fine!

Stretching the truth is another thing.

BTW, blame PINNICK for our inability to qualify for 2 consecutive AFCON. Yes, he was willing to sacrifice the Team in his battle to have full control of the Team.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Lies.

Only an extreme eurocentric person would think Bosnia would be favoured over Nigeria WHO WERE AFRICAN CHAMPS.

Bosnia was literally the worst ranked European side at that tournament.

You dont have to change history to try and boost Keshi.

Comparing 2014 Bosnia to 2018 Croatia is completely absurd.

Not only did Keshi have the easiest path to the world cup of ALL 32 TEAMS (the toughest team Nigeria faced was Ethiopia), he also had if not the easiest WC group the second easiest one, and he still made it much harder than it needed to be.

the only difference between us qualifying for the second round in 2014 as opposed to 2018 was the luck of drawing an easy group compared to a group of death. PERIOD.
There are verifiable facts, we can call upon. Frances was the worst ranked team in Europe, followed by Croatia and Russia.
Bosnia and Herzegovina highest FIFA World Ranking was 13, achieved in August 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_an ... tball_team

October 2013 ranking were used for 2014 World. Bosnia and Herzegovina was ranked 16

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... k/id10516/
Croatia were ranked 18 at October 2017 for the WC draws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup
Keshi beat a ranked 16 team. It was easy

Rohr loses to a rank 18 team. It was difficult.
Rohr lost to the eventual World Cup finalist.

Keshi couldn't beat Iran, the lowest ranked team at the World Cup.

Rohr beat Iceland, who were ranked 19 points above us.

Conclusion: Football is not mathematics.

I will rate Keshi and Rohr almost on the same level but Keshi's crooked ways was his downfall.

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria
Football is NOT mathematics but you should be able to see improvement in how your team plays after 5 years on the job.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...