Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 34678
Location: The Kingdom
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Lies.

Only an extreme eurocentric person would think Bosnia would be favoured over Nigeria WHO WERE AFRICAN CHAMPS.

Bosnia was literally the worst ranked European side at that tournament.

You dont have to change history to try and boost Keshi.

Comparing 2014 Bosnia to 2018 Croatia is completely absurd.

Not only did Keshi have the easiest path to the world cup of ALL 32 TEAMS (the toughest team Nigeria faced was Ethiopia), he also had if not the easiest WC group the second easiest one, and he still made it much harder than it needed to be.

the only difference between us qualifying for the second round in 2014 as opposed to 2018 was the luck of drawing an easy group compared to a group of death. PERIOD.

There are verifiable facts, we can call upon. Frances was the worst ranked team in Europe, followed by Croatia and Russia.

Quote:
Bosnia and Herzegovina highest FIFA World Ranking was 13, achieved in August 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_an ... tball_team

October 2013 ranking were used for 2014 World. Bosnia and Herzegovina was ranked 16

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... k/id10516/


Quote:
Croatia were ranked 18 at October 2017 for the WC draws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup


Keshi beat a ranked 16 team. It was easy

Rohr loses to a rank 18 team. It was difficult.


Rohr lost to the eventual World Cup finalist.

Keshi couldn't beat Iran, the lowest ranked team at the World Cup.

Rohr beat Iceland, who were ranked 19 points above us.

Conclusion: Football is not mathematics.

I will rate Keshi and Rohr almost on the same level but Keshi's crooked ways was his downfall.

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:44 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10902
Location: loughborough.
Lolly wrote:

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria

Keshi failed because Pinnichk undermined him.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 90134
Location: Earth
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria

Keshi failed because Pinnichk undermined him.

You know lolly is a paid lobbyist, so any distraction from the government, that propagandist will ignore it...dude forget how the NFF were plotting against Keshi in Afcon 2013...also Keshi quit the SE as manager, but they brought him back to set him up. They wanted him gone..that lolly Muhammad thinks we have amnesia..

_________________
SuperEagles
© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria

Keshi failed because Pinnichk undermined him.



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

any excuse shall do. He undermined himself with his corruption. The chickens finally came home to roost, like I predicted they would. And that is exactly why I wanted Keshi sacked after AFCON 2013 (why I wanted us to lose) because I knew the inevitable conclusion of his crookedness. I was proven right.


Last edited by vancity eagle on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Lies.

Only an extreme eurocentric person would think Bosnia would be favoured over Nigeria WHO WERE AFRICAN CHAMPS.

Bosnia was literally the worst ranked European side at that tournament.

You dont have to change history to try and boost Keshi.

Comparing 2014 Bosnia to 2018 Croatia is completely absurd.

Not only did Keshi have the easiest path to the world cup of ALL 32 TEAMS (the toughest team Nigeria faced was Ethiopia), he also had if not the easiest WC group the second easiest one, and he still made it much harder than it needed to be.

the only difference between us qualifying for the second round in 2014 as opposed to 2018 was the luck of drawing an easy group compared to a group of death. PERIOD.

There are verifiable facts, we can call upon. Frances was the worst ranked team in Europe, followed by Croatia and Russia.

Quote:
Bosnia and Herzegovina highest FIFA World Ranking was 13, achieved in August 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_an ... tball_team

October 2013 ranking were used for 2014 World. Bosnia and Herzegovina was ranked 16

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... k/id10516/


Quote:
Croatia were ranked 18 at October 2017 for the WC draws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup


Keshi beat a ranked 16 team. It was easy

Rohr loses to a rank 18 team. It was difficult.



See the kind of spin you Keshi sycophants engage in

As of June 2014 Bosnia was ranked #21 AND WORST OF ALL EUROPEAN TEAMS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Participating_teams_and_officials

When we beat Bosnia in June 2014 (assisted by the ref calling off a perfectly legit Bosnia goal) THEY WERE THE WORST RANKED EUROPEAN SIDE.

Facts not Feelings.


Meanwhile Rohr beat Iceland who at that time were ranked above Sweden, Russia, and Serbia, and beat them by 2 clear goals without referee assistance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup#Teams


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18783
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
VE,

What then is the truth? :???: Was Nigeria ranked higher than Bosnia at the time? Or maybe there is a different ranking system for Nigeria? Please educate us on that.

BTW, I also understand that when Keshi's SE won the AFCON, all the African teams were poor and of low standard. LOL. Ofcourse, right now African teams are all world class, including Madagascar and the likes.

vancity eagle wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
fabio wrote:
Rohr qualified for AfCon after SE failed to qualify for two consecutive AfCon. Rohr won a bronze. It is hailed as an achievement.

A personal achievement for Rohr? Perhaps... However, for Nigeria - been there, done that.
Save for Musa and Omeruo, it most certainly was an 'accomplishment' for the other boys on the team who had never played in an AFCON. It wasn't better or worse than our 'normal' level of performance in the competition, so to say Rohr 'failed' is completely disingenuous.

fabio wrote:
qualified for AfCon after SE failed to qualify for one AfCon. Keshi won Gold. Rohr above achievement carries more weight.

Not sure where you gleaned that from...

fabio wrote:
Rohr went to his first WC and said he went to learn. 3rd in the group. We were told, he took the 2nd youngest team. Keshi went to his 1st WC. qualified for 2nd Round. We are told, he dropped this player and took that player!

Keshi's group had Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina. Nigeria had a favorable possibility of qualifying from that group, considering the antecedents of the likes of Iran and B+H..
Rohr's group (Argentina, Croatia and Iceland) had an eventual world cup finalist and an UEFA championship quarter finalist team in it.
From an 'apples to apples' comparison of both groups from a degree of difficulty standpoint , it made sense that Keshi was able to qualify.


Otitokoro,

Not so fast ooo! While Rohr's group was difficult given that Nigeria was not expected out of that group, so also was Keshi's team not expected to come out of the WC group as well. What you forget was that Bosnia was expected to beat Nigeria and was, along with Argentina, expected to qualify from that group.



Lies.

Only an extreme eurocentric person would think Bosnia would be favoured over Nigeria WHO WERE AFRICAN CHAMPS.

Bosnia was literally the worst ranked European side at that tournament.

You dont have to change history to try and boost Keshi.

Comparing 2014 Bosnia to 2018 Croatia is completely absurd.

Not only did Keshi have the easiest path to the world cup of ALL 32 TEAMS (the toughest team Nigeria faced was Ethiopia), he also had if not the easiest WC group the second easiest one, and he still made it much harder than it needed to be.

the only difference between us qualifying for the second round in 2014 as opposed to 2018 was the luck of drawing an easy group compared to a group of death. PERIOD.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
Enugu II wrote:
VE,

What then is the truth? :???: Was Nigeria ranked higher than Bosnia at the time? Or maybe there is a different ranking system for Nigeria? Please educate us on that.

BTW, I also understand that when Keshi's SE won the AFCON, all the African teams were poor and of low standard. LOL. Ofcourse, right now African teams are all world class, including Madagascar and the likes.




Yes Bosnia was ranked above Nigeria, so you would first have to believe those rankings, and I do not. The fact that the WORST European side is still ranked above the current AFCON champions shows how much of a joke those FIFA rankings are. Never the less they are more accurate when comparing teams within a Confederation. Bosnia was the worst ranked Euro side.

To football know nothings they would look at FIFA rankings and Edin Dzeko and think that Bosnia would be favoured over Nigeria (current AFCON champ)

a more knowledgeable football analyst would pick Nigeria. I do not for one second believe Keshi overachieved by beating Bosnia, that is expected at any time that Nigeria should beat THE WORST european team at a World Cup.

Nor do I think Rohr overachieved for beating Iceland. Beating Iceland or Bosnia should be expected frankly.

Let us look at AFCON

The edition Keshi won WAS VERY WEAK, that is indisputable.

No Cameroon No Senegal No Egypt

plus Algeria and Morocco had not gotten their mass influx of European players which has made them the powerhouses they are today. They were still decent sides but nowhere near the strength they are today.

Not to mention the Ayew brothers had boycotted the Ghana team.

The only real opposition to the title was Ivory Coast, and yes Keshi did well to beat that team I will grant him that.

Now if you want to argue with a straight face that a tournament

without Egypt
without Senegal
without Cameroon
with a Ghana minus both Ayew brothers
with a Morocco and Algeria without the masses of Euro recruits

should be held to the same standard as the 2019 tournament with an expanded 24 teams, all powerhouses present, in terms of analyzing the strength of a tournament and difficulty of winning it, then you are a complete joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
My point in this Rohr vs Keshi debate is that much of success in football comes down to luck and circumstance.

Keshi's successes have a lot to do with that if we are to be honest. He rode his luck and got the team to perform well at key moments (Ivory Coast quarterfinal)

The idea that there was something "magical" that Keshi was doing that Rohr is not, is completely false and ignoring the much more favorable situations Keshi found himself in. Such as

1) Weak Afcon tournament compared to Rohr

2) Weakest World Cup qualifying route of any of the 32 teams, while Rohr had to battle it out in the African Group of death.

3) Weakest World cup group (with the bonus of a ref calling off a legit Bosnia goal) compared to Rohr again in the group of death with eventual runners up.

These are indisputable facts, and if people want to compare the records of these 2 coaches, this proper context must be discussed.


Last edited by vancity eagle on Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2474
Rohr to haters

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=39448


Super Eagles coach Rohr explains why he is delighted with result against Lesotho


Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has revealed that he is delighted with the outcome of the result against Lesotho because his side kept a clean sheet.

The national team defeated the Crocodiles 3-0 in their final 2021 Africa Cup of Nation qualifying match thanks to goals from Victor Osimhen, Oghenekaro Etebo and Paul Onuachu.

The three-time African champions did not concede a goal in their last three AFCON qualifiers as they also kept clean sheets in difficult away matches with Sierra Leone and the Republic of Benin.

"The result of our last match against Lesotho was a good result, to win 3-0 is always a good result," Rohr said.

"Without conceding a goal we wanted to become more solid after our two games in November and now we could do two clean sheets which is very interesting for the stability of the team, for the balance of the team.

"Scoring three goals also without any set pieces is also very interesting."

Nigeria are back in action in June when they face Liberia and Central African Republic in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 407
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
fabio wrote:
Rohr qualified for AfCon after SE failed to qualify for two consecutive AfCon. Rohr won a bronze. It is hailed as an achievement.

A personal achievement for Rohr? Perhaps... However, for Nigeria - been there, done that.
Save for Musa and Omeruo, it most certainly was an 'accomplishment' for the other boys on the team who had never played in an AFCON. It wasn't better or worse than our 'normal' level of performance in the competition, so to say Rohr 'failed' is completely disingenuous.

fabio wrote:
qualified for AfCon after SE failed to qualify for one AfCon. Keshi won Gold. Rohr above achievement carries more weight.

Not sure where you gleaned that from...

fabio wrote:
Rohr went to his first WC and said he went to learn. 3rd in the group. We were told, he took the 2nd youngest team. Keshi went to his 1st WC. qualified for 2nd Round. We are told, he dropped this player and took that player!

Keshi's group had Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina. Nigeria had a favorable possibility of qualifying from that group, considering the antecedents of the likes of Iran and B+H..
Rohr's group (Argentina, Croatia and Iceland) had an eventual world cup finalist and an UEFA championship quarter finalist team in it.
From an 'apples to apples' comparison of both groups from a degree of difficulty standpoint , it made sense that Keshi was able to qualify.


Otitokoro,

Not so fast ooo! While Rohr's group was difficult given that Nigeria was not expected out of that group, so also was Keshi's team not expected to come out of the WC group as well. What you forget was that Bosnia was expected to beat Nigeria and was, along with Argentina, expected to qualify from that group.


Prof, I get your points. However, in the last World Cup, there was huge element of luck that went against us, and not only us I'll add Senegal & Morocco as very unlucky. Our 1st game against Croatia, where they scored 2 goals with no shot on target in open play buttresses this. Especially Etebo's opening og that was desperately unlucky. That game could easily have ended 0-0 and if so we qualify. Against Argentina, especially in the 2nd half, if Ighalo had his shooting boots on he wouldn't have missed that chance that only needed him to hit the target. No way would we have lost that game if that happened. Even after that if Moses had stayed switched on for just a few more minutes he would have prevented that Rojo volley. That match was lost through very small margins. Keshi on the hand seemed have all the luck. In the critical game against Bosnia, Dzeko's goal wrongly ruled offside. In 2018, that would not have been missed and Bosnia would have taken the lead & if we had drawn that we wouldn't have qualified. In these tournaments, sometimes you need that little bit of luck, in 2018 we didn't get that. That's why i still believe we did well in 2018, cause this same team played the best match the SE had played in the World Cup since the 90's being the game against Iceland. The 2nd half performance was as good as the good old days of 94 & 98.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10642
vancity eagle wrote:
No SE coach in our history has won as many away matches.

No SE coach in our history has achieved such devastating results in qualifying

Nigeria 4 Cameroon 0
Nigeria 3 Algeria 1
Zambia 1 Nigeria 2
Benin 0 Nigeria 1
Algeria 1 Nigeria 1
Cameroon 1 Nigeria 1

No SE coach other than Westerhoff has defeated a European side by more than 1 goal

In fact no SE coach other than Westerhoff has won a WC game by more than 1 goal.

No SE coach has ever qualified for tournaments with such ease and low stress.

And yet the clowns are still complaining and actually want the man fired.

They still push the false narrative that we "are not creative" after a 3-0 victory where we even missed a few chances.

Complete utter clowns.

If not for corrupt African referees, Rohr's record away would have been more impressive e.g. 2 good goals disallowed against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers in Johannesburg, something the referee apologised to Nigeria for those glaring mistakes. Dodgy penalties awarded against Nigeria in away matches during the 2018 WCQs against Cameroon and Algeria. The one against Algeria was so ridiculous as the Algerian player that tangled with Shehu, thought he was being penalised, and was pleading his innocence, only to find out he was being awarded a penalty.
Finally, Iheanacho scored a perfectly good goal away to Sierra Leone, which was disallowed for no good reason.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 90134
Location: Earth
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
No SE coach in our history has won as many away matches.

No SE coach in our history has achieved such devastating results in qualifying

Nigeria 4 Cameroon 0
Nigeria 3 Algeria 1
Zambia 1 Nigeria 2
Benin 0 Nigeria 1
Algeria 1 Nigeria 1
Cameroon 1 Nigeria 1

No SE coach other than Westerhoff has defeated a European side by more than 1 goal

In fact no SE coach other than Westerhoff has won a WC game by more than 1 goal.

No SE coach has ever qualified for tournaments with such ease and low stress.

And yet the clowns are still complaining and actually want the man fired.

They still push the false narrative that we "are not creative" after a 3-0 victory where we even missed a few chances.

Complete utter clowns.

If not for corrupt African referees, Rohr's record away would have been more impressive e.g. 2 good goals disallowed against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers in Johannesburg, something the referee apologised to Nigeria for those glaring mistakes. Dodgy penalties awarded against Nigeria in away matches during the 2018 WCQs against Cameroon and Algeria. The one against Algeria was so ridiculous as the Algerian player that tangled with Shehu, thought he was being penalised, and was pleading his innocence, only to find out he was being awarded a penalty.
Finally, Iheanacho scored a perfectly good goal away to Sierra Leone, which was disallowed for no good reason.

this is the problem with folks like you. You constantly dwell on performances from 5 years ago. Once again the team has regressed

_________________
SuperEagles
© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:49 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10902
Location: loughborough.
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
No SE coach in our history has won as many away matches.

No SE coach in our history has achieved such devastating results in qualifying

Nigeria 4 Cameroon 0
Nigeria 3 Algeria 1
Zambia 1 Nigeria 2
Benin 0 Nigeria 1
Algeria 1 Nigeria 1
Cameroon 1 Nigeria 1

No SE coach other than Westerhoff has defeated a European side by more than 1 goal

In fact no SE coach other than Westerhoff has won a WC game by more than 1 goal.

No SE coach has ever qualified for tournaments with such ease and low stress.

And yet the clowns are still complaining and actually want the man fired.

They still push the false narrative that we "are not creative" after a 3-0 victory where we even missed a few chances.

Complete utter clowns.

If not for corrupt African referees, Rohr's record away would have been more impressive e.g. 2 good goals disallowed against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers in Johannesburg, something the referee apologised to Nigeria for those glaring mistakes. Dodgy penalties awarded against Nigeria in away matches during the 2018 WCQs against Cameroon and Algeria. The one against Algeria was so ridiculous as the Algerian player that tangled with Shehu, thought he was being penalised, and was pleading his innocence, only to find out he was being awarded a penalty.
Finally, Iheanacho scored a perfectly good goal away to Sierra Leone, which was disallowed for no good reason.

this is the problem with folks like you. You constantly dwell on performances from 5 years ago. Once again the team has regressed

If everything else fails, blame the referee. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 40490
vancity eagle wrote:
My point in this Rohr vs Keshi debate is that much of success in football comes down to luck and circumstance.

Keshi's successes have a lot to do with that if we are to be honest. He rode his luck and got the team to perform well at key moments (Ivory Coast quarterfinal)

The idea that there was something "magical" that Keshi was doing that Rohr is not, is completely false and ignoring the much more favorable situations Keshi found himself in. Such as

1) Weak Afcon tournament compared to Rohr

2) Weakest World Cup qualifying route of any of the 32 teams, while Rohr had to battle it out in the African Group of death.

3) Weakest World cup group (with the bonus of a ref calling off a legit Bosnia goal) compared to Rohr again in the group of death with eventual runners up.

These are indisputable facts, and if people want to compare the records of these 2 coaches, this proper context must be discussed.


You are indeed SHAMELESS for ridiculing the achievement of someone who gave his all for the SE as player and coach.

Keshi succeeded where Rohr failed because of luck? Really?

AFCON became weak because Keshi won but difficult because Keshi could not win it

Would rather stick with a LUCKY coach than an UNLUCKY coach.

Nothing you can do about it, Keshi's achievement as a coach trumped whatever Rohr has achieved.

And in terms of circumstances, a coach that was not paid went on to achieve far more than a coach collecting forex!

Keshi is corrupt but not Rohr. How can an Oyinbo man be corrupt?

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 40490
fabio wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
No SE coach in our history has won as many away matches.

No SE coach in our history has achieved such devastating results in qualifying

Nigeria 4 Cameroon 0
Nigeria 3 Algeria 1
Zambia 1 Nigeria 2
Benin 0 Nigeria 1
Algeria 1 Nigeria 1
Cameroon 1 Nigeria 1

No SE coach other than Westerhoff has defeated a European side by more than 1 goal

In fact no SE coach other than Westerhoff has won a WC game by more than 1 goal.

No SE coach has ever qualified for tournaments with such ease and low stress.

And yet the clowns are still complaining and actually want the man fired.

They still push the false narrative that we "are not creative" after a 3-0 victory where we even missed a few chances.

Complete utter clowns.

If not for corrupt African referees, Rohr's record away would have been more impressive e.g. 2 good goals disallowed against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers in Johannesburg, something the referee apologised to Nigeria for those glaring mistakes. Dodgy penalties awarded against Nigeria in away matches during the 2018 WCQs against Cameroon and Algeria. The one against Algeria was so ridiculous as the Algerian player that tangled with Shehu, thought he was being penalised, and was pleading his innocence, only to find out he was being awarded a penalty.
Finally, Iheanacho scored a perfectly good goal away to Sierra Leone, which was disallowed for no good reason.

this is the problem with folks like you. You constantly dwell on performances from 5 years ago. Once again the team has regressed

If everything else fails, blame the referee. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Of course. The referee prevented us from winning the AFCON or even getting out of the first round of the WC.

Then the circumstances work against us at the WC and ANC.

It is all about someone else and not about the COACH!

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10642
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
No SE coach in our history has won as many away matches.

No SE coach in our history has achieved such devastating results in qualifying

Nigeria 4 Cameroon 0
Nigeria 3 Algeria 1
Zambia 1 Nigeria 2
Benin 0 Nigeria 1
Algeria 1 Nigeria 1
Cameroon 1 Nigeria 1

No SE coach other than Westerhoff has defeated a European side by more than 1 goal

In fact no SE coach other than Westerhoff has won a WC game by more than 1 goal.

No SE coach has ever qualified for tournaments with such ease and low stress.

And yet the clowns are still complaining and actually want the man fired.

They still push the false narrative that we "are not creative" after a 3-0 victory where we even missed a few chances.

Complete utter clowns.

If not for corrupt African referees, Rohr's record away would have been more impressive e.g. 2 good goals disallowed against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers in Johannesburg, something the referee apologised to Nigeria for those glaring mistakes. Dodgy penalties awarded against Nigeria in away matches during the 2018 WCQs against Cameroon and Algeria. The one against Algeria was so ridiculous as the Algerian player that tangled with Shehu, thought he was being penalised, and was pleading his innocence, only to find out he was being awarded a penalty.
Finally, Iheanacho scored a perfectly good goal away to Sierra Leone, which was disallowed for no good reason.

this is the problem with folks like you. You constantly dwell on performances from 5 years ago. Once again the team has regressed

Your problem is that you don't reason well! Dispute any of the points I have made! Did the referee apologise for the disallowed goals against South Africa or not? etc

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10642
fabio wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
No SE coach in our history has won as many away matches.

No SE coach in our history has achieved such devastating results in qualifying

Nigeria 4 Cameroon 0
Nigeria 3 Algeria 1
Zambia 1 Nigeria 2
Benin 0 Nigeria 1
Algeria 1 Nigeria 1
Cameroon 1 Nigeria 1

No SE coach other than Westerhoff has defeated a European side by more than 1 goal

In fact no SE coach other than Westerhoff has won a WC game by more than 1 goal.

No SE coach has ever qualified for tournaments with such ease and low stress.

And yet the clowns are still complaining and actually want the man fired.

They still push the false narrative that we "are not creative" after a 3-0 victory where we even missed a few chances.

Complete utter clowns.

If not for corrupt African referees, Rohr's record away would have been more impressive e.g. 2 good goals disallowed against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers in Johannesburg, something the referee apologised to Nigeria for those glaring mistakes. Dodgy penalties awarded against Nigeria in away matches during the 2018 WCQs against Cameroon and Algeria. The one against Algeria was so ridiculous as the Algerian player that tangled with Shehu, thought he was being penalised, and was pleading his innocence, only to find out he was being awarded a penalty.
Finally, Iheanacho scored a perfectly good goal away to Sierra Leone, which was disallowed for no good reason.

this is the problem with folks like you. You constantly dwell on performances from 5 years ago. Once again the team has regressed

If everything else fails, blame the referee. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Facts not feelings!

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3951
wanaj0 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
My point in this Rohr vs Keshi debate is that much of success in football comes down to luck and circumstance.

Keshi's successes have a lot to do with that if we are to be honest. He rode his luck and got the team to perform well at key moments (Ivory Coast quarterfinal)

The idea that there was something "magical" that Keshi was doing that Rohr is not, is completely false and ignoring the much more favorable situations Keshi found himself in. Such as

1) Weak Afcon tournament compared to Rohr

2) Weakest World Cup qualifying route of any of the 32 teams, while Rohr had to battle it out in the African Group of death.

3) Weakest World cup group (with the bonus of a ref calling off a legit Bosnia goal) compared to Rohr again in the group of death with eventual runners up.

These are indisputable facts, and if people want to compare the records of these 2 coaches, this proper context must be discussed.


You are indeed SHAMELESS for ridiculing the achievement of someone who gave his all for the SE as player and coach.

Keshi succeeded where Rohr failed because of luck? Really?

AFCON became weak because Keshi won but difficult because Keshi could not win it

Would rather stick with a LUCKY coach than an UNLUCKY coach.

Nothing you can do about it, Keshi's achievement as a coach trumped whatever Rohr has achieved.

And in terms of circumstances, a coach that was not paid went on to achieve far more than a coach collecting forex!

Keshi is corrupt but not Rohr. How can an Oyinbo man be corrupt?

We can't take anything from Keshi's achievements, he's a legend and will rightfully remain etched in the hallmarks of one of the greatest Nigerian footballers in history... but we can't dispute the fact (if we want to be honest with ourselves) that Keshi despite winning the AFCON tournament in 2013,went on to completely ruin what could have been a golden generation of players with some really dodgy and crooked player selections... I can't get that confederations cup off my head where Keshi picked some really underwhelming players ahead of better ones... We even struggled to beat a Kenyan team of hey-you's on our turf in the 2014 AFCON qualifiers, and it took a last minute scrappy goal from John Ogu to save our blushes from an embarrassing defeat. Not to mention the disasters against Congo, South Africa and Sudan, Malawi, Namibia... We only won our games against these teams by tight 1-0 scoreline margins in largely terrible displays of football... I believe even Ethiopia comprehensively outplayed Nigeria on the occasions we met them under Keshi, and it took some individual brilliance from the likes of Victor Moses and Emenike to save our behinds. There were SO many games under Keshi where we were badly outplayed by minnows, why are we pretending we didn't constantly have episodes of post game melt downs under Keshi during those times?

The only impressive matches we played under Keshi off the top of my head were:

Nigeria vs Ivory Coast in the 2013 QF

Nigeria vs Mali in the SF

Nigeria vs Venezuela (friendly match)

Nigeria vs Argentina in the 2014 world cup.

MAJORITY of games we played under Keshi, we always got outplayed by lots of teams under Keshi FACTS not FEELINGS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 34678
Location: The Kingdom
Bigpokey24 wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria

Keshi failed because Pinnichk undermined him.

You know lolly is a paid lobbyist, so any distraction from the government, that propagandist will ignore it...dude forget how the NFF were plotting against Keshi in Afcon 2013...also Keshi quit the SE as manager, but they brought him back to set him up. They wanted him gone..that lolly Muhammad thinks we have amnesia..


Can you now talk about Keshi’s performance over those 3 games? Lost at home to Congo and beaten by Sudan.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:21 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10902
Location: loughborough.
FACTS

Keshi won AfCon and WC 2nd Round.

Feelings

Keshi was lucky and played weak teams etc.

FACTS

Rohr won Golden Bronze. 3rd in WC group.


Feelings

Rohr played difficult teams. We are waiting for these players to complete his team.

Rohr beat and draw BIG teams in friendly matches :taunt: :taunt:

Conclusion
“The harder I practice, the luckier I seem to get.”

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
Tobi17 wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
My point in this Rohr vs Keshi debate is that much of success in football comes down to luck and circumstance.

Keshi's successes have a lot to do with that if we are to be honest. He rode his luck and got the team to perform well at key moments (Ivory Coast quarterfinal)

The idea that there was something "magical" that Keshi was doing that Rohr is not, is completely false and ignoring the much more favorable situations Keshi found himself in. Such as

1) Weak Afcon tournament compared to Rohr

2) Weakest World Cup qualifying route of any of the 32 teams, while Rohr had to battle it out in the African Group of death.

3) Weakest World cup group (with the bonus of a ref calling off a legit Bosnia goal) compared to Rohr again in the group of death with eventual runners up.

These are indisputable facts, and if people want to compare the records of these 2 coaches, this proper context must be discussed.


You are indeed SHAMELESS for ridiculing the achievement of someone who gave his all for the SE as player and coach.

Keshi succeeded where Rohr failed because of luck? Really?

AFCON became weak because Keshi won but difficult because Keshi could not win it

Would rather stick with a LUCKY coach than an UNLUCKY coach.

Nothing you can do about it, Keshi's achievement as a coach trumped whatever Rohr has achieved.

And in terms of circumstances, a coach that was not paid went on to achieve far more than a coach collecting forex!

Keshi is corrupt but not Rohr. How can an Oyinbo man be corrupt?

We can't take anything from Keshi's achievements, he's a legend and will rightfully remain etched in the hallmarks of one of the greatest Nigerian footballers in history... but we can't dispute the fact (if we want to be honest with ourselves) that Keshi despite winning the AFCON tournament in 2013,went on to completely ruin what could have been a golden generation of players with some really dodgy and crooked player selections... I can't get that confederations cup off my head where Keshi picked some really underwhelming players ahead of better ones... We even struggled to beat a Kenyan team of hey-you's on our turf in the 2014 AFCON qualifiers, and it took a last minute scrappy goal from John Ogu to save our blushes from an embarrassing defeat. Not to mention the disasters against Congo, South Africa and Sudan, Malawi, Namibia... We only won our games against these teams by tight 1-0 scoreline margins in largely terrible displays of football... I believe even Ethiopia comprehensively outplayed Nigeria on the occasions we met them under Keshi, and it took some individual brilliance from the likes of Victor Moses and Emenike to save our behinds. There were SO many games under Keshi where we were badly outplayed by minnows, why are we pretending we didn't constantly have episodes of post game melt downs under Keshi during those times?

The only impressive matches we played under Keshi off the top of my head were:

Nigeria vs Ivory Coast in the 2013 QF

Nigeria vs Mali in the SF

Nigeria vs Venezuela (friendly match)

Nigeria vs Argentina in the 2014 world cup.

MAJORITY of games we played under Keshi, we always got outplayed by lots of teams under Keshi FACTS not FEELINGS.


I am glad I am not the only one who remembers these things very well.

For all those anti-Rohr brigade who cannot attack Rohrs actual record and resort to claims of "ugly football"

How they somehow forget being outplayed by minnows time and time again with football so horrific and dross, only now to speak of asthetics is hilarious.

Yes Keshis team played well on a few occasions, I will also add the France game at the WC, before they took out Onazi, but the vast majority of the time it was piss poor.

SE under Rohr plays far more inspiring and eye pleasing football overall :drool:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3951
fabio wrote:
FACTS

Keshi won AfCon and WC 2nd Round.

Feelings

Keshi was lucky and played weak teams etc.

FACTS

Rohr won Golden Bronze. 3rd in WC group.


Feelings

Rohr played difficult teams. We are waiting for these players to complete his team.

Rohr beat and draw BIG teams in friendly matches :taunt: :taunt:

Conclusion
“The harder I practice, the luckier I seem to get.”

Zambia also won the AFCON, great feat for Keshi to win it the next year but some key teams were missing in that tournament, and we were very lucky to even get out of the group stage (thanks to two individual moments of brilliance) from Victor Moses in that tense game against Ethiopia. Keshi destroyed a solid foundation of what was supposed to be a golden generation of players post AFCON, he ruined his legacy with very crooked player dealings, did badly in the Confed cup, was very lucky once again to qualify for the 2014 world cup, his team made the record of playing the most lethargic and boring displays of football against Iran in the world cup, we were lucky against a Bosnian team that were arguably even cheated out of a legit goal, to cap it all we failed to qualify for two consecutive AFCONs (one under Kashi and then Siasia) because the team was dented by corruption, lack of discipline and in-fighting between players etc.

Under Rohr we've enjoyed the most STABLE and drama-free era of Nigerian football devoid of dysfunctional distractions, the usual business of BIGMANISM and player vs coach clash is now over, players are like best friends in camp and the team bond, camadarie and spirit is like brothers meeting up for the first time in each camp session... a great blueprint the next coach will massively benefit from all thanks to Rohr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fire Rohr
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:06 am 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10902
Location: loughborough.
Tobi17 wrote:
Zambia also won the AFCON, great feat for Keshi to win it the next year but some key teams were missing in that tournament, and we were very lucky to even get out of the group stage (thanks to two individual moments of brilliance) from Victor Moses in that tense game against Ethiopia. Keshi destroyed a solid foundation of what was supposed to be a golden generation of players post AFCON, he ruined his legacy with very crooked player dealings, did badly in the Confed cup, was very lucky once again to qualify for the 2014 world cup, his team made the record of playing the most lethargic and boring displays of football against Iran in the world cup, we were lucky against a Bosnian team that were arguably even cheated out of a legit goal, to cap it all we failed to qualify for two consecutive AFCONs (one under Kashi and then Siasia) because the team was dented by corruption, lack of discipline and in-fighting between players etc.

Under Rohr we've enjoyed the most STABLE and drama-free era of Nigerian football devoid of dysfunctional distractions, the usual business of BIGMANISM and player vs coach clash is now over, players are like best friends in camp and the team bond, camadarie and spirit is like brothers meeting up for the first time in each camp session... a great blueprint the next coach will massively benefit from all thanks to Rohr.

You will make a brilliant spin doctor.

Key teams missing + Lucky = Keshi won.

Unlucky + Key teams playing = Rohr won Golden bronze.

May God make me as lucky as Keshi.

Should I pray, Rohr prayer for you?

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aruako1, fabio, gochino, Google [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group