Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
1. Algeria --- 19 Goals
2. Nigeria / Tunisia .... 14 goals
3. CIV / Cameroon ..... 11


The Algeria number is an aberration. Botswana are not a credible team and Zambia are erratic. One day they are winning AFCON, the next day they are getting slammed 5 - 0.

Let this sink in to Turkey eaters!

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 34678
Location: The Kingdom
What about goals against?

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
2nd top scoring team, yet the clowns will still claim the team is not creative.

abeg I tire for their nonsense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3951
Algeria is just too good, can any team stop them at this point?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
Lolly wrote:
What about goals against?



What about it? If you take away the Siera Leone game we would have had 3 goals against us. If you say we should include it, then tell us which other team in the qualifiers had their key player suffer almost career ending injury in a game and still won the game. So that was an aberration also.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
The real question is, are Morocco and Senegal defence that good? Morroco had 1 goal against with Senegal 2 goals against.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
Tobi17 wrote:
Algeria is just too good, can any team stop them at this point?



One thing I have noticed, is that the overwhelming favourite HAS NEVER WON AFCON.

Algeria will definately be the favourite.

Favourites who have failed

2019 - Senegal
2017- Senegal
2015- Algeria
2013- Ivory Coast
2012- Ivory Coast
2010- Ivory Coast
2008- Ivory Coast
2006- Ivory Coast
2004- Nigeria
2002- Nigeria
2000- Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
1naija wrote:
The real question is, are Morocco and Senegal defence that good? Morroco had 1 goal against with Senegal 2 goals against.



Morocco and Senegal defence are pretty good, they have the names, but Algeria without the names has a really good defence as well.

SE needs to upgrade the defence, it is too shaky with Troost especially.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 90134
Location: Earth
1naija wrote:
Lolly wrote:
What about goals against?



What about it? If you take away the Siera Leone game we would have had 3 goals against us. If you say we should include it, then tell us which other team in the qualifiers had their key player suffer almost career ending injury in a game and still won the game. So that was an aberration also.

oh so since we are taking away the salone game, lets substract the 4 goals we scored vs Salone, that will be 14 -4 = 10 goals.... should we remove the goals we also scored vs lesotho after they helped us to qualify by tieing Salone? this just exposes you zero critical thinking skills ,

_________________
SuperEagles
© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:02 pm
Posts: 10523
Location: Around the World
IF you take away the Sierra Leone game, then you can't include the goals we scored in that game...

Any Coach whose team can lose a 4 goal lead to Sierra Leone, deserves to be fired immediately

1naija wrote:
Lolly wrote:
What about goals against?



What about it? If you take away the Siera Leone game we would have had 3 goals against us. If you say we should include it, then tell us which other team in the qualifiers had their key player suffer almost career ending injury in a game and still won the game. So that was an aberration also.

_________________
http://www.turenchi.com for Nigerian News


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 90134
Location: Earth


best defense

_________________
SuperEagles
© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 9947
vancity eagle wrote:
2nd top scoring team, yet the clowns will still claim the team is not creative.

abeg I tire for their nonsense.


The team is often not creative. 11 of those goals were against Sierra Leone and Lesotho. They were good in the last game but the criticism is not unwarranted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 9947
vancity eagle wrote:
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


You are the one that hates black coaches. Nobody has described Rohr with the vitriol with which you described Keshi. You also tried to rubbish Amodu's legacy and ran away when confronted with the facts. We loved Westerhoff. We loved Bonfrere Jo. My favourite SE coach is Troussier. All white. Rohr is a decent man but deserves the criticism and praise that has comes his way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
2nd top scoring team, yet the clowns will still claim the team is not creative.

abeg I tire for their nonsense.


The team is often not creative. 11 of those goals were against Sierra Leone and Lesotho. They were good in the last game but the criticism is not unwarranted.



and the other teams were not scoring goals against minnows ?

I guess they were all scored against Egypt, Senegal, Algeria etc.

Criticism is fine, but you guys have turned it into something else. Unwarranted hate, even when the coach is meeting all his objectives.

2nd most goals 2nd most points, and yet some of you are calling for his sack. Do you understand how deranged that is ?


Last edited by vancity eagle on Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
nanijoe wrote:
IF you take away the Sierra Leone game, then you can't include the goals we scored in that game...

Any Coach whose team can lose a 4 goal lead to Sierra Leone, deserves to be fired immediately

1naija wrote:
Lolly wrote:
What about goals against?



What about it? If you take away the Siera Leone game we would have had 3 goals against us. If you say we should include it, then tell us which other team in the qualifiers had their key player suffer almost career ending injury in a game and still won the game. So that was an aberration also.



We were leading comfortably before the injury. You can't discount the effect of the injury.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


You are the one that hates black coaches. Nobody has described Rohr with the vitriol with which you described Keshi. You also tried to rubbish Amodu's legacy and ran away when confronted with the facts. We loved Westerhoff. We loved Bonfrere Jo. My favourite SE coach is Troussier. All white. Rohr is a decent man but deserves the criticism and praise that has comes his way.



Keshi was one corrupt man. Adebayor and Taiwo have gone on the record about it. My dislike for him does not go beyond his crookedness.

and you think I no like am because of race. Dude stop tripping. The guy was a certified CROOK.

I liked Eguavoen and SSS, and I was one of those who defended SSS even after he failed to qualify for ANC as most were calling for his sack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 49700
And let's not forget the clear goal by Iheanacho in Sierra Leone that was disqualified.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 40490
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


You are the one that hates black coaches. Nobody has described Rohr with the vitriol with which you described Keshi. You also tried to rubbish Amodu's legacy and ran away when confronted with the facts. We loved Westerhoff. We loved Bonfrere Jo. My favourite SE coach is Troussier. All white. Rohr is a decent man but deserves the criticism and praise that has comes his way.


The hatred was so much that he wished DEATH on them.

Hatred so much that he supported CIV against his country.

God bless Sunday Mba the Elephant Slayer.

When his country men were rejoicing over winning AFCON he was so sorrowful :boo:

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:13 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 9947
vancity eagle wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


You are the one that hates black coaches. Nobody has described Rohr with the vitriol with which you described Keshi. You also tried to rubbish Amodu's legacy and ran away when confronted with the facts. We loved Westerhoff. We loved Bonfrere Jo. My favourite SE coach is Troussier. All white. Rohr is a decent man but deserves the criticism and praise that has comes his way.



Keshi was one corrupt man. Adebayor and Taiwo have gone on the record about it. My dislike for him does not go beyond his crookedness.

and you think I no like am because of race. Dude stop tripping. The guy was a certified CROOK.

I liked Eguavoen and SSS, and I was one of those who defended SSS even after he failed to qualify for ANC as most were calling for his sack.


You were willing to insult Keshi, even after his death based on allegations but no pim from you about allegations about Rohr and DW Management. For the record, I'm not accusing Rohr but I wonder if you would have been so silent if it was a Nigerian coach - your record suggests otherwise. Your preference for white coaches even led you to suggest that Rohr had a better record than Amodu.

I want Rohr to succeed and I was happy against Lesotho. But I will call him put when he serves us dross like he did against Benin. But I have never called him names.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 9947
wanaj0 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


You are the one that hates black coaches. Nobody has described Rohr with the vitriol with which you described Keshi. You also tried to rubbish Amodu's legacy and ran away when confronted with the facts. We loved Westerhoff. We loved Bonfrere Jo. My favourite SE coach is Troussier. All white. Rohr is a decent man but deserves the criticism and praise that has comes his way.


The hatred was so much that he wished DEATH on them.

Hatred so much that he supported CIV against his country.

God bless Sunday Mba the Elephant Slayer.

When his country men were rejoicing over winning AFCON he was so sorrowful :boo:


Don't mind him. He disappeared for a long time to mourn Nigeria's 2013 win. Did we mourn when Rohr beat Iceland? I was celebrating in Finland before I headed to St Petersburg for the Argentina game. Did we not celebrate when Westerhof took us to the 1994 ANC win and the WC. Did we not celebrate when Bonfrere won us the 1996 Olympic gold? But he had to mourn Nigeria's loss because Keshi won.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


You are the one that hates black coaches. Nobody has described Rohr with the vitriol with which you described Keshi. You also tried to rubbish Amodu's legacy and ran away when confronted with the facts. We loved Westerhoff. We loved Bonfrere Jo. My favourite SE coach is Troussier. All white. Rohr is a decent man but deserves the criticism and praise that has comes his way.



Keshi was one corrupt man. Adebayor and Taiwo have gone on the record about it. My dislike for him does not go beyond his crookedness.

and you think I no like am because of race. Dude stop tripping. The guy was a certified CROOK.

I liked Eguavoen and SSS, and I was one of those who defended SSS even after he failed to qualify for ANC as most were calling for his sack.


You were willing to insult Keshi, even after his death based on allegations but no pim from you about allegations about Rohr and DW Management. For the record, I'm not accusing Rohr but I wonder if you would have been so silent if it was a Nigerian coach - your record suggests otherwise. Your preference for white coaches even led you to suggest that Rohr had a better record than Amodu.

I want Rohr to succeed and I was happy against Lesotho. But I will call him put when he serves us dross like he did against Benin. But I have never called him names.


Rohr and DW management is irrelevant because Rohr always picks at least 95% plus of our best players opposed to roughly 50% with Keshi.

Do you care to name the players Rohr is unfairly leaving out who deserve to be called ?

Dross like Benin ? You mean smashing their 8 year unbeaten streak at home ? We did not play poorly in that game at all, only someone who get agenda will say so.

You clearly don't know African football if you think we will walk into Benin, in a game THEY NEED A RESULT, and we do not, and just walk away with an easy victory. Again we played very well all things considering, dominated the entire match.

Yes this is Benin, the same team that knocked star studded Morocco out of the last ANC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 9947
vancity eagle wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
no team got more points out of the 6 games than Nigeria other than Tunisia.

Algeria defending champs got 14 just the same as Nigeria.

Second highest points, second highest goals, broke Benin's 8 year record, and people are still angry because of their hate of a white man. Quite pathetic honestly.


You are the one that hates black coaches. Nobody has described Rohr with the vitriol with which you described Keshi. You also tried to rubbish Amodu's legacy and ran away when confronted with the facts. We loved Westerhoff. We loved Bonfrere Jo. My favourite SE coach is Troussier. All white. Rohr is a decent man but deserves the criticism and praise that has comes his way.



Keshi was one corrupt man. Adebayor and Taiwo have gone on the record about it. My dislike for him does not go beyond his crookedness.

and you think I no like am because of race. Dude stop tripping. The guy was a certified CROOK.

I liked Eguavoen and SSS, and I was one of those who defended SSS even after he failed to qualify for ANC as most were calling for his sack.


You were willing to insult Keshi, even after his death based on allegations but no pim from you about allegations about Rohr and DW Management. For the record, I'm not accusing Rohr but I wonder if you would have been so silent if it was a Nigerian coach - your record suggests otherwise. Your preference for white coaches even led you to suggest that Rohr had a better record than Amodu.

I want Rohr to succeed and I was happy against Lesotho. But I will call him put when he serves us dross like he did against Benin. But I have never called him names.


Rohr and DW management is irrelevant because Rohr always picks at least 95% plus of our best players opposed to roughly 50% with Keshi.

Do you care to name the players Rohr is unfairly leaving out who deserve to be called ?

Dross like Benin ? You mean smashing their 8 year unbeaten streak at home ? We did not play poorly in that game at all, only someone who get agenda will say so.

You clearly don't know African football if you think we will walk into Benin, in a game THEY NEED A RESULT, and we do not, and just walk away with an easy victory. Again we played very well all things considering, dominated the entire match.

Yes this is Benin, the same team that knocked star studded Morocco out of the last ANC.


Your percentages come straight out of your #$%. I have never seen a coach pick all the players that I want - but I let them get on with it. If you need a reading lesson, please get one. I never called Benin dross ( I will not disrespect any African team - they were my second favourite team at the last ANC). I called our play dross.

Keshi with his 50% produced more convincing performances in the 2013 ANC and WC than Rohr managed in equivalent tournaments. Even when we lost in the 2014 WC, my head was held high because we played well. The only game that frustrated me was Iran andI moaned about it got over it and moved on ( I did not curse Keshi out, I did not start supporting another team). I do the same about a poor display against Benin and suddenly I'm racist?

And for me it was not about the result against Benin but this restrained football that we have seen many times since the 2018 WCQs ended.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group