Lagos

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lagos

Post by Sir V »

They should play one of the world cup qualifiers in Benin.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

1naija wrote:
Lolly wrote:
1naija wrote:
Lolly wrote:
1naija wrote:
danfo driver wrote:What are your thoughts about our return to our ancestral home?
The most horrible stadium so far. Dark and Gloomy. Dark ages stadium...

:boo: :boo: :boo:
The stadium isn't that bad. It just needs a bit of touch up. The main issues I have are the small compound space and the closeness to residential and commercial spots. It was squeezed into very small space. You need to se the crowd that was outside the stadium that day, blocking the main access road to some parts of Surulere.

They need to fix the National stadium Abuja. Thats our best stadium, period.
Not sure about Abuja being our best stadium. Uyo is probably better.
Uyo is a good local stadium, but not international standard.
:ohmy:
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Sir V wrote:They should play one of the world cup qualifiers in Benin.
They did recently na. With horrible pitch.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

imehjunior wrote:
Sir V wrote:They should play one of the world cup qualifiers in Benin.
They did recently na. With horrible pitch.
Even the Lagos pitch is rubbish.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

iworo wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:me i like Lagos, because we will yab and throw swan water bottles at the SE , when they start yeye football...and we can injure **** easily for useless football
I swear, this dude must be a thug in real life :shock: :shock:.
He’s a pretend thug. A classic keyboard warrior... :lol:.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:Any attempt to move the Super Eagles to any area that may lead to exposure to burukutu under the guise of quietness shall be brutally resisted. If at all we consider any other venue outside of Lagos then it's going to be Liberty Stadium Ibadan, renovated or not, all na tactical advantage! :thumbs:
Super Eagles fans have become soft over the years. Some of them are even beginning to sound like Tottenham supporters. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We reject playing in a dark and gloomy stadium.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Musicians on tour always tell the audience at each venue their city is the best city on the planet.

danfo driver wrote:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote:Musicians on tour always tell the audience at each venue their city is the best city on the planet.
danfo driver wrote:
But in this case, Lagos is his home city. The place he was born and lived with his whole family before football took him out of the country. Why are you upset?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Only razz people like villagers aka 1naija who cries about Lagos..these are the local boys in high school who hates on anything Lagos because nah from village dem take enter boarding school..so when Lagos big boys give those junior mates in schools the fun life about Lasgidi..1naija and him local boys dey always day dream but hate on the side..so today as dem grow, e dey pain dem for body..typical kabukabu driver
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

muzines wrote:
iworo wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:me i like Lagos, because we will yab and throw swan water bottles at the SE , when they start yeye football...and we can injure **** easily for useless football
I swear, this dude must be a thug in real life :shock: :shock:.
He’s a pretend thug. A classic keyboard warrior... :lol:.
Go and ask Victor Ikpeba what we did to him and co after the Congo match in 2000 Afcon
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You pick and chose who is Lagosians and when. Let him try to run for office now and you will say he is not a Lagiosian. Or participate in End SARS protest like DJ Switch and he is IPOB . Abeg gerrarahia..
Lolly wrote:
1naija wrote:Musicians on tour always tell the audience at each venue their city is the best city on the planet.
danfo driver wrote:
But in this case, Lagos is his home city. The place he was born and lived with his whole family before football took him out of the country. Why are you upset?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We all know why he is upset. But no need to drag this thread into the depth and muddiness of disgusting tribalism. Unfortunately, some Nigerians will never be happy unless "their people" are benefitting financially. :oops:
Lolly wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why am I upset and what am I upset about?
danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We all know why he is upset. But no need to drag this thread into the depth and muddiness of disgusting tribalism. Unfortunately, some Nigerians will never be happy unless "their people" are benefitting financially. :oops:
Lolly wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:Why am I upset and what am I upset about?

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:Why am I upset and what am I upset about?

no customers for airport
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:Lagos has always provided a lot of distractions, but we went unbeaten for 20-something years there, before Cameroon cheated their way to that 2000 ANC Finals.

What we should seriously consider, is to build a camp for all our national teams, like the French's Clairefontaine. Fans or family or friends cannot get into the compound, or if strategically located, they cant even get into the area.

I am not sure we have the foresight to do this, because I dont think its a money issue. They'd rather be spending money on hotel every time our national team plays.
I don't think the Kmer win counted against the unbeaten streak since the match was official a tie.

Badagary could be a reasonable location for a camp but I worry about it is maintained since everything in Nigeria goes into ruin way before it's expiration date.