Afcon qualification overshadowed by Benin-Sierra Leone Covid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

delisyomie don
Egg
Egg
Afcon qualification overshadowed by Benin-Sierra Leone Covid

Post by delisyomie don »

https://www.goal.com/en/news/afcon-qual ... fy95rhq8sv

caf should do something before world cup qualifier [afirca and complications lol]
thanks
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Afcon qualification overshadowed by Benin-Sierra Leone C

Post by vancity eagle »

Benin are stupid.

They had enough players to play the match, and only needed to avoid a 2 goal loss.

If CAF gives Sierra Leone a 3-0 victory, they will feel really dumb.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:Benin are stupid.

They had enough players to play the match, and only needed to avoid a 2 goal loss.

I doubt you're smarter than they are, get to know Africans. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Caf need to reschedule the game unless a thorough investigation proves Sierra Leon tried to fix COVID tests!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Caf need to reschedule the game unless a thorough investigation proves Sierra Leon tried to fix COVID tests!
The whole thing smells one-kine...including the Iwobi positive.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

That isn't true. They would have been out with a 1-0 loss as well on superior goals scored! So you want them to play without five of their best players? Nigeria wouldn't beat SL with 11 of their best players, yet you want Benin to try to do it without their best 11?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

CAF is squarely to blame. How can you have the hosts deciding who gets to play in such high stake games? Benin tried the same thing with Nigeria yet the CAF did not take any measures to make sure such brigandry is not repeated❗️

Cheers.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

This is laughable....they wrote the blueprint with the fake Iwobi positive result...

SL took it and went into overdrive....u make ur bed...u lie in it....

CAF should ban Benin...u called up 23players....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Undertaker wrote:

That isn't true. They would have been out with a 1-0 loss as well on superior goals scored! So you want them to play without five of their best players? Nigeria wouldn't beat SL with 11 of their best players, yet you want Benin to try to do it without their best 11?
Bro football isn't always 2+2=4...there are lots of probables and variables in the beautiful game of football, this your logic or lack thereof vet serious K leg.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Nna,

Before pointing one stupidity finger towards Benin, observe where the rest of your stupidity fingers are pointing.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

VE,

Easy, bros. From what I understand, these were key players. Moreover, if the tests were indeed fake, why on earth should Benin Rep. accept it? Now, I am not stating that they are fake test results but I surely will NEVER be willing to accept someone trying to get over me. NEVER. If results are real, no problem if they are faked to get over then it should NEVER be accepted.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Enugu II wrote:

VE,

Easy, bros. From what I understand, these were key players. Moreover, if the tests were indeed fake, why on earth should Benin Rep. accept it? Now, I am not stating that they are fake test results but I surely will NEVER be willing to accept someone trying to get over me. NEVER. If results are real, no problem if they are faked to get over then it should NEVER be accepted.
when are they playing the match?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

VE,

when are they playing the match?
I believe they will attempt to squeeze it into another FIFA International match window before the draws in the summer.

For me, CAF dropped the ball by not insisting on oversight of these COVID tests. While one accepts that these tests have to be done locally if you should have home-away games, you can still insist on an oversight. By not doing so, there have been shenanigans starting from the continental club competitions. It is ridiculous. Imagine where, consistently, it has been the visiting team players testing positive! Does that make sense? Certainly makes no statistical sense. These games of attempting to eliminate the opponent via the backdoor must stop.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Benin has 0 goals difference.
SL has -1.
I think a 1-0 or any 1 goal difference victory will suffice.

That said your “avoid a 2 goals...” statement is an overkill. They need a draw to qualify as any victory against them keeps em home.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."