Qatar 2022 semi final should be the minimum we ask of Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

hestonap
Egg
Egg
Re: Qatar 2022 semi final should be the minimum we ask of Ro

Post by hestonap »

I don't think all of Ayo's expectations are unreasonable.

Where I will differ from him is that I will take a "dirty/boring" performance with winning results over consolatory/sexy performances of we try small and still losing - can't quite remember what the expression we used to to describe those performances again.

The one thing to note is that if Rohr qualifies the Eagles for the WC, he will be in a position no other Nigerian coach before him would have been at - leading Nigeria to 2 WCs. Last time around he claimed he was there to learn, so there can't be any excuses this time around. So Ayo's expectations are not unreasonable, at the very least a quarter final berth would not be an unreasonable expectation. He would have had at that point led the Eagles for 6 years...so there truly should be no excuses for failure.

After all, he has had comparatively better support from the NFF that his Nigerian counterparts have not been provided.

As per the ANC, Rohr or no Rohr, we should and have always had the mind set of winning the damn thing even with relatively weak squads granted we have underachieved" some would argue. "Save for 1982 and the disaster with Berti Vogts, every time we have attended the damn things we have reached the semis - A semi-final placement would be the minimum placement in my view.

Tika tika and winning would be nice, but sod that - I'd take boring winning over playing sexy and losing. After all that has been one of Rohr's alleged strong selling points Abi.

Point of disclosure, I do not think he is the ideal coach for the Eagles and I would preferred they sacked him after the last WC. Given our antecedents however, I think it will be crazy to sack him now when we are on the eve of a WC qualifier and credit where it is due, he has expanded the depth of the Nigerian squad but I am not terribly convinced he knows his best squad or plays to Nigerias potential strength.

I will however give him and the team the support I have always given previous coaches and will always wish the Eagles well regardless of who leads the team or whatever reservations I may have.
Last edited by hestonap on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote:
And then we have a worthless loser as a coach who has spent 5 years going to every tournament to learn and convinced these weak-minded fans that football is all about learning rather than winning. Unfortunately, these mental slaves have accepted the lie from their white god and here we are! Tufiakwa! I spit on you.

I remember the days when Nigerian fans demanded victory and success! The days when we played Brazil and Argentina and even though they were clearly better than us, we demanded victory! We believed we could win! We have faith in our team and we rejected losers and weak mentality! i remember when we went to Wembley in 1995 and we lost 1-0 and that was an insult! We were upset about it. Today, if we went to Wembley and lose 3-0, they will tell us it was a good learning experience "for the boys!"

Kai! What a huge shame! This is what has happened to my team and my fellow fans who have become losers! :oops: :oops:

You see some of you do nothing but spew emotional jibberish that has little value when it comes to reality.

You talk of "the days we believed we can win" against Brazil or Argentina.

Did Rohr not thrash Argentina 4-2 and take on Brazil to a 1-1 draw ?

Can you please tell me which SE coach can claim such a record ? Full international and not youth teams.

The answer is NONE. So what the heck are you complaining about ?

Oh those were friendlies you will say, but I do remember losing to Brazil 3-0 in Lagos. Are those the days you are clamouring for ? Or how about Keshi losing 3-1 to the Argies in a friendly. Are you looking for those days ?

The fact is that Rohr's record against Brazil and Argentina IS BETTER THAN ANY PREVIOUS SE COACH, and your shameful self is still complaining.

In Russia, did you really expect Rohr to go and attack Argentina recklessly when we only needed 1 point to advance ?

Was it Rohr's fault that Ighalo missed a sitter that would have sent the Argies packing ?

abeg sharrrap with all your empty rhetoric and nonsense spewing from your mouth.

You people rewrite history and rewrite the present and expect us to believe your lies.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I didnt read your nonsense because you are the same treasonous imbecile who supported Ivory Coast against your own country. There is nothing you can say that will wash that stench away from your body! Your attempt to be active on Eagles Nest will only deceive those who do not know you or know your rotten past.

You stood with the enemy against us and you lied against one of our heroes even after he was dead (Keshi).

You are a horrible human being. Please dont ever respond to me when it has to do with Nigeria, ever again!

vancity eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
And then we have a worthless loser as a coach who has spent 5 years going to every tournament to learn and convinced these weak-minded fans that football is all about learning rather than winning. Unfortunately, these mental slaves have accepted the lie from their white god and here we are! Tufiakwa! I spit on you.

I remember the days when Nigerian fans demanded victory and success! The days when we played Brazil and Argentina and even though they were clearly better than us, we demanded victory! We believed we could win! We have faith in our team and we rejected losers and weak mentality! i remember when we went to Wembley in 1995 and we lost 1-0 and that was an insult! We were upset about it. Today, if we went to Wembley and lose 3-0, they will tell us it was a good learning experience "for the boys!"

Kai! What a huge shame! This is what has happened to my team and my fellow fans who have become losers! :oops: :oops:

You see some of you do nothing but spew emotional jibberish that has little value when it comes to reality.

Can you please tell me which SE coach can claim such a record ? Full international and not youth teams.

Oh those were friendlies you will say, but I do remember losing to Brazil 3-0 in Lagos. Are those the days you are clamouring for ? Or how about Keshi losing 3-1 to the Argies in a friendly. Are you looking for those days ?

The fact is that Rohr's record against Brazil and Argentina IS BETTER THAN ANY PREVIOUS SE COACH, and your shameful self is still complaining.

In Russia, did you really expect Rohr to go and attack Argentina recklessly when we only needed 1 point to advance ?

Was it Rohr's fault that Ighalo missed a sitter that would have sent the Argies packing ?

abeg sharrrap with all your empty rhetoric and nonsense spewing from your mouth.

You people rewrite history and rewrite the present and expect us to believe your lies.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Please apprise us (CE) of where and when Gernot Rohr informed Nigerians of his 'plan' to learn from up and coming tournament(s)?
Importantly, please be sure to provide us with documented evidence, as that will enable us put this to rest. Thanks.
danfo driver wrote:Once again, you seem to be discussing something different from what we are talking about.

Learning from your mistakes is past tense. Here, you have a coach who is planning (FUTURE) to go and learn. :lol:
Otitokoro wrote: The fact that you are confident certainly does not mean you can't be realistic and learn from your mistakes.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sir, kindly search the forum, social media and google for news articles with quotes, as well as video interviews--at least 2 of which were posted here.

I am sure you know I will NEVER in a life time spend my quality time searching for these things for you. LOL :lol: :lol:
Otitokoro wrote:Please apprise us (CE) of where and when Gernot Rohr informed Nigerians of his 'plan' to learn from up and coming tournament(s)?
Importantly, please be sure to provide us with documented evidence, as that will enable us put this to rest. Thanks.
danfo driver wrote:Once again, you seem to be discussing something different from what we are talking about.

Learning from your mistakes is past tense. Here, you have a coach who is planning (FUTURE) to go and learn. :lol:
Otitokoro wrote: The fact that you are confident certainly does not mean you can't be realistic and learn from your mistakes.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Interesting...
You accuse someone of something, but yet, you blatantly refuse to provide to CE (not me), the documented evidence needed to substantiate your accusation.
Tells me your argument was BS in the first place.
danfo driver wrote:Sir, kindly search the forum, social media and google for news articles with quotes, as well as video interviews--at least 2 of which were posted here.
I am sure you know I will NEVER in a life time spend my quality time searching for these things for you. LOL :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cool, thats fine. My bank account has not been affected, price of garri in market did not change and I will still eat dinner tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Otitokoro wrote:Interesting...
You accuse someone of something, but yet, you blatantly refuse to provide to CE (not me), the documented evidence needed to substantiate your accusation.
Tells me your argument was BS in the first place.
danfo driver wrote:Sir, kindly search the forum, social media and google for news articles with quotes, as well as video interviews--at least 2 of which were posted here.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

A couple of corrections, the Brazil game was to launch the Abuja stadium if I recall, and it was Sia1 not Keshi that lost 3-1 to a Messi-led Argentina, Rohr also lost to Messi...let’s not rewrite history like you like to do when talking about SK, who has actually won things, something your massa can’t seem to do in umpteen years of coaching...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
A couple of corrections, the Brazil game was to launch the Abuja stadium if I recall, and it was Sia1 not Keshi that lost 3-1 to a Messi-led Argentina, Rohr also lost to Messi...let’s not rewrite history like you like to do when talking about SK, who has actually won things, something your massa can’t seem to do in umpteen years of coaching...
Wow! I didnt read his nonsense, so didnt see this. So the treasonous heifer is still taking any opportunity to tell lies against Keshi in death, after all these years. What a horrible and disgusting human being!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

It was Christian Chukwu that lost 0-3 to Brazil in Abuja. That was not the match that opened the stadium. We beat Ghana in the opening game with Edward Ansah in goal for them.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

It was Christian Chukwu that lost 0-3 to Brazil in Abuja. That was not the match that opened the stadium. We beat Ghana in the opening game with Edward Ansah in goal for them.
Thanks Ayo for the correction.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Thanks Ayo for the correction.
That was LG Cup match (Nig 3-1 Gha) IIRC. The opening match at Abuja Stadium was Sunshine vs Shooting.