YOBO: His Take on NPFL Stars in SE Camp.....

“Their opportunities will come” – Yobo impressed with invited NPFL stars in Super Eagles squad
Shina Oludare
https://www.goal.com/en-ug/news/super-e ... 6uldsqqczo
Chief Editor Nigeria
15:07 Apr 01, 2021

The Nigeria coach has expressed his delight with the performances of the home-based professionals called up against the Squirrels and Crocodiles
Joseph Yobo has urged Nigeria Professional Football League stars invited to Super Eagles to remain ‘patient’ and keep ‘working hard’ in a bid to cement their place in the national team.
Enyimba’s duo of John Noble and Anayo Iwuala plus Abia Warriors’ Adekunle Adeleke were the local-based professionals called up for March’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin Republic and Lesotho by coach Gernot Rohr.
While Anayo made cameo appearances in both games, Noble and Adeleke were unused substitutes as the three-time African kings triumphed over the Squirrels and the Crocodiles to end their Group L qualification campaign unbeaten.

Accessing the contribution of the trio, the former Everton and Olympique Marseille defender has stated that their time would come.
“They did well during training. It’s not easy when you are called upon to play for the Super Eagles. This is their first time in the senior national team,” Yobo told Goal.

“[Anayo] Iwuala came on [against Benin and Lesotho] and proved himself. These are good signs; they have been doing very well.
“They just have to be patient, keep working hard and keep improving, then their opportunities will come.”
John Noble
The country’s joint highest capped national team player was also asked if the squad can compete for the ultimate prize in Cameroon, and if his technical crew would be keen on inviting more players for the African football fiesta.
“I think it’s a bit too early [to talk about competing for the title] but we have the base of this squad,” he continued.

“The addition that might come in is if someone is injured or another player is in top form playing for his club, so you never know what may happen.
“It is still about nine months before the tournament – some players might be injured or out of form – it’s still a long time but basically, this moment we do have a strong squad and we keep improving.”
The Afcon draw ceremony will be held in Cairo on June 25.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Re: YOBO: His Take on NPFL Stars in SE Camp.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I did not read the article, but I'm sure whatever he said deserves applause.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100%Naija

Post by 100%Naija »

1naija wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I did not read the article, but I'm sure what ever he said deserves applause.
I entered this thread to see what you'd say...didnt disappoint. Proper Yobo pata washers :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!

Prejudicial :taunt: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine that guy :lol:

“Their opportunities will come” – Yobo impressed with invited NPFL stars in Super Eagles squad
Shina Oludare
Chief Editor Nigeria

The Nigeria coach has expressed his delight with the performances of the home-based professionals called up against the Squirrels and Crocodiles
Joseph Yobo has urged Nigeria Professional Football League stars invited to Super Eagles to remain ‘patient’ and keep ‘working hard’ in a bid to cement their place in the national team.
Enyimba’s duo of John Noble and Anayo Iwuala plus Abia Warriors’ Adekunle Adeleke were the local-based professionals called up for March’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin Republic and Lesotho by coach Gernot Rohr.
While Anayo made cameo appearances in both games, Noble and Adeleke were unused substitutes as the three-time African kings triumphed over the Squirrels and the Crocodiles to end their Group L qualification campaign unbeaten.

Accessing the contribution of the trio, the former Everton and Olympique Marseille defender has stated that their time would come.
“They did well during training. It’s not easy when you are called upon to play for the Super Eagles. This is their first time in the senior national team,” Yobo told Goal.

“[Anayo] Iwuala came on [against Benin and Lesotho] and proved himself. These are good signs; they have been doing very well.
“They just have to be patient, keep working hard and keep improving, then their opportunities will come.”
John Noble
The country’s joint highest capped national team player was also asked if the squad can compete for the ultimate prize in Cameroon, and if his technical crew would be keen on inviting more players for the African football fiesta.
“I think it’s a bit too early [to talk about competing for the title] but we have the base of this squad,” he continued.

“The addition that might come in is if someone is injured or another player is in top form playing for his club, so you never know what may happen.
“It is still about nine months before the tournament – some players might be injured or out of form – it’s still a long time but basically, this moment we do have a strong squad and we keep improving.”
Correction: Yobo has 100 caps (Enyeama has 101 caps). He is not the "country's joint-highest capped national team player" as wrongly asserted by the article.

Obong wrote:
Shina Oludare
Chief Editor Nigeria

John Noble

Correction: Yobo has 100 caps (Enyeama has 101 caps). He is not the "country's joint-highest capped national team player" as wrongly asserted by the article.
CORRECT.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

If not for 1naija on Yobo, Nigeria would be just like Benin Republic of Niger Republic both in terms of football and economics.

ANC wrote:If not for 1naija on Yobo, Nigeria would be just like Benin Republic of Niger Republic both in terms of football and economics.
Uncle take it easy now... It's not Friday yet. Haba!