Anayo Iwuala's highlights | CAF Confederation Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Anayo Iwuala's highlights | CAF Confederation Cup

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:I'm not really on here much these days, so a few of these arguments are now hazy, but I do recall statements made on this forum similar to E2's position. Also, below is a quote attributed to Pinnick from last year that is also closer to what E2 said
There’s a cause before an action. What I try to do is that I study the environment. First, why do we have to go out to pick players? Why do we look at the Nigeria Professional Football League and say it is not good enough?… If the truth be told, most players from the western climes are better exposed and are highly trained than what we can get here. The equipment they are exposed to is another factor too
https://punchng.com/nff-and-amaju-pinni ... ndictment/

I think the point E2 has been making is that better effort should be made by the coaching staff to discover and integrate home based players into the SE as there have to be some talented enough to make it onto the SE before they are fortunate enough to make it out to Europe and then automatically get on the radar of the coaching staff. The onus on highlighting these players shouldn't be on forum members especially those based abroad to do so.
The key point here is that there are talents without question but the rider is that talent alone is not enough to get into the national team.
THE, NATIONAL, TEAM.
It is not the place of the national team to nurture talents unless there is a serious lack of options, which there isn't. Pick them fine, but only if they merit it.

We can't on the one hand recognise that this isn't a level playing field in talent development (for the very reasons pointed out by Pinnick which are incontestable) and then on the other hand still insist on sticking with the disadvantaged when claiming to pick the nation's very best. That is undeniably a quota system which serves nobody's best interest.

It is all pure sentiment and nobody has time for that ish on the international football stage.
You win or you lose and if you fail to fully harness your very best resources, na your own kampala be dat. Nobody remembers or even cares how many Algerian or Argentinian players were locals or foreign borns when they beat Nigeria. They beat us. Finish. End of story.
Thank you very much. Next. :?

Player development is a club's responsibility, not the national team's. And neither is it the national team's responsibility to somehow compensate for the failures of the NFF to develop the NPFL.

Talents abound in Naija without a doubt, but the best are whisked away before they even enter the league or as soon as they are spotted, leaving us with a whole load of what the anti-FB brigade would cynically refer to as 'rejects'.
It works both ways.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:38 pm
Enugu II wrote:This boy will not be in Enyimba in the next six months. I believe he is headed out sooner than later. God have mercy! Was that ever a penalty kick? If it was not a pk then one has to wonder what is?

His turn of speed and change of direction at pace is just incredible. As Damunk mentioned already, the danger is that foreign coaches may dim some of his natural gifts. I hope he is able to resist that to an extent because that is what makes the difference between being ordinary or extraordinary.

he will be gone in six months and then what ?

He will no longer be eligible for the quota

then you will be looking for the next one to force onto Rohr ?

Can these guys not just secure moves to Europe and prove themselves there before they get a call to SE ?

It seems like this may have been the logical conclusion anyways.

Please tell me what right does Iwuala have to be included in SE ahead of a guy like Paul Mukairu who is already proving himself in Belgium and being scouted by the likes of Roma and other top European clubs.

Is it in the name of whats best for SE ? Or is it in the name of proving some stupid point ?

I think you know the answer to that one.
I think the drumbeat of praise for the young man is too loud too soon, so ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.