Anayo Iwuala's highlights | CAF Confederation Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Anayo Iwuala's highlights | CAF Confederation Cup

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Anayo Iwuala's highlights | CAF Confederation Cup

Post by Bigpokey24 »

guys this dude is the real deal oooo
SuperEagles

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:guys this dude is the real deal oooo

dont know if you are serious.

He only had one good run/dribble
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ok I'm beginning to be a believer now, this boy is good.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

He is good o, no doubt.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He is a good player. Good dribbler and great close control. Needs to work on his crosses and final balls.
amoky
Egg
Egg

Post by amoky »

Some Genot Rohr apologist will tell us that home-based players are not enough for the National team
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:guys this dude is the real deal oooo

dont know if you are serious.

He only had one good run/dribble
Did you watch the part were he dribbled past 4 players to create an assist? And the part he was fouled in the box 18? :roll:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The clip shows he can dribble. But babies dribble.
The thing that’s really impressive is his balance. I say this with a straight face, he reminds me of Maradona and to a lesser extent, Okocha. Low centre of gravity, close control, happy with the ball.
The question now is whether he can do anything with those attributes. Not enough in the video to say whether he can.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:The clip shows he can dribble. But babies dribble.
The thing that’s really impressive is his balance. I say this with a straight face, he reminds me of Maradona and to a lesser extent, Okocha. Low centre of gravity, close control, happy with the ball.
The question now is whether he can do anything with those attributes. Not enough in the video to say whether he can.
You are not wrong. His low centre of gravity is a big plus to the dribbling skills and unpredictable body movement he has.

That 'ubm' is something the great dribblers have always had. They carry everyone one way and like a UFO, sharply and effortlessly change direction, leaving everyone marking fresh air. Its all about balance and I think Ajax FC used to (and possibly still do) make their players attend dance classes as part of their training routine. Sounds funny, but only the ignorant would laugh. :lol:

This guy is not staying in Nigeria for much longer.
IMHO he is a sturdier version of Ejuke....he'll do just great from exposure to top coaching.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Damunk wrote:
You are not wrong. His low centre of gravity is a big plus to the dribbling skills and unpredictable body movement he has.

That 'ubm' is something the great dribblers have always had. They carry everyone one way and like a UFO, sharply and effortlessly change direction, leaving everyone marking fresh air. Its all about balance and I think Ajax FC used to (and possibly still do) make their players attend dance classes as part of their training routine. Sounds funny, but only the ignorant would laugh. :lol:

IMHO he is a sturdier version of Ejuke....he'll do just great from exposure to top coaching.

Top coaches will coach this out of him! Have you seen the 'new' Ejuke now?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

doctorollie wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Top coaches will coach this out of him! Have you seen the 'new' Ejuke now?
I haven't, but I believe many naturally gifted African players have their natural skills coached out of them to their detriment.
Thank God they didn't succeed with JJ and Kanu.
I'd much rather they are taught to maximise their skills rather than have them coached 'out'.

What's the new Ejuke like?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

There is nothing special about this boy.

But I pray he gets an opportunity with a foreign club and develops from there.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

This boy will not be in Enyimba in the next six months. I believe he is headed out sooner than later. God have mercy! Was that ever a penalty kick? If it was not a pk then one has to wonder what is?

His turn of speed and change of direction at pace is just incredible. As Damunk mentioned already, the danger is that foreign coaches may dim some of his natural gifts. I hope he is able to resist that to an extent because that is what makes the difference between being ordinary or extraordinary.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

amoky wrote:Some Genot Rohr apologist will tell us that home-based players are not enough for the National team

He has done nothing to show he is any better than

Chukwueze
Simon Moses
Samuel Kalu
Chidera Ejuke
Paul Mukairu
Ademola Lookman

These guys have all proven themselves at a much higher level of football

Let him prove himself in a better league, he has not proven himself yet. Youtube clips in bottom leagues do not get you into a national team.

We can all agree he looks an exciting prospect, but seriously tone down the unnecessary hype.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote:This boy will not be in Enyimba in the next six months. I believe he is headed out sooner than later. God have mercy! Was that ever a penalty kick? If it was not a pk then one has to wonder what is?

His turn of speed and change of direction at pace is just incredible. As Damunk mentioned already, the danger is that foreign coaches may dim some of his natural gifts. I hope he is able to resist that to an extent because that is what makes the difference between being ordinary or extraordinary.

he will be gone in six months and then what ?

He will no longer be eligible for the quota

then you will be looking for the next one to force onto Rohr ?

Can these guys not just secure moves to Europe and prove themselves there before they get a call to SE ?

It seems like this may have been the logical conclusion anyways.

Please tell me what right does Iwuala have to be included in SE ahead of a guy like Paul Mukairu who is already proving himself in Belgium and being scouted by the likes of Roma and other top European clubs.

Is it in the name of whats best for SE ? Or is it in the name of proving some stupid point ?

I think you know the answer to that one.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Magicial Nigerian Iwuala helps Enyimba win clash of giants

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/magicial-n ... 18154.html

Lovely Article title from the AFP posted on Yahoo News/Sports
A brilliant dribble and perfect pass by Anayo Iwuala allowed Tosin Omoyele to score and earn Enyimba of Nigeria a 2-1 win over Entente Setif of Algeria Sunday in a high-profile CAF Confederation Cup clash.

The showdown between former two-time CAF Champions League winners in southeastern city Aba was settled by the magic of Iwuala, who evaded six Algerians before laying off the match-winning through ball.

Iwuala, 22, has been capped twice by Nigeria and considered a rising star who will soon be on the radar of European club scouts.

Enyimba captain Austin Oladapo atoned for having a penalty saved by equalising before half-time after Monsef Bakrar had given Setif an early lead in the third-round Group A match.

Enyimba have six points, Orlando Pirates of South Africa five, Al Ahly Benghazi of Libya four and Setif one in the African equivalent of the UEFA Europa League.

The first CAF club match in Libya since 2010 ended disappointingly for Benghazi as they were held 0-0 by a Pirates team lacking several injured regulars.

Serbia-born Benghazi coach Dejan Arsov missed the match on an artificial surface at the Martyrs Stadium after testing positive for Covid-19.

Libya had been unable to stage international fixtures due to post-Moamer Kadhafi era violence until a recent United Nations-brokered ceasefire.

Raja Casablanca of Morocco boast the only 100 percent record among the 16 clubs halfway through the group stage after a 2-0 home win over Pyramids of Egypt in Group D.

- Goalkeeper blunders -

Both teams had beaten Nkana of Zambia and Namungo of Tanzania in previous rounds so something had to give, and it was a blunder by veteran Egyptian goalkeeper Sherif Ekramy on 15 minutes that turned the tide.

Instead of allowing a shot go wide, the 37-year-old former international tried to grasp the ball and succeeded only in letting it slip into the net.

Ekramy was helpless six minutes later as Democratic Republic of Congo-born Ben Malango raced on to a pass and scored from close range.

Nkana recovered from surrendering a 64-match unbeaten home record in CAF competitions last month by edging Namungo 1-0 in Dar es Salaam thanks to a late Diamond Chikwekwe goal.

While Raja and Pyramids seem set to make the last eight, which two clubs will progress from Group C is less obvious with only two points separating leaders CS Sfaxien of Tunisia from bottom team Salitas of Burkina Faso.

Record three-time Confederation Cup title-holders Sfaxien forced a 0-0 away draw with fellow Tunisians Etoile Sahel, the only club to win all five current and past CAF competitions.

Jaraaf of Senegal put a poor start in the section behind them to overcome Salitas 2-0 in Thies through goals from Albert Diene and Papa Paye before half-time.

Group B is developing into an intriguing three-team contest for qualification with Coton Sport of Cameroon climbing to the top thanks to a 1-0 win at NAPSA Stars of Zambia.

Second-place JS Kabylie of Algeria had Malik Raiah sent off on 77 minutes after two yellow cards, but held on for a 0-0 draw at title-holders Renaissance Berkane of Morocco.
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:This boy will not be in Enyimba in the next six months. I believe he is headed out sooner than later. God have mercy! Was that ever a penalty kick? If it was not a pk then one has to wonder what is?

You keep promoting Iwuala's transfer to Europe! What is your real mission? I thought you were genuinely interested in the NPFL? How will Iwuala's transfer to Europe help the NPFL? Your comments since Iwuala played for the SE seems to reveal your real motive, it's not about the NPFL but getting players into Europe using our SE, something which Rohr is refusing to be a part of. This was how the late Stephen Keshi was used and dumped!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
amoky wrote:Some Genot Rohr apologist will tell us that home-based players are not enough for the National team

He has done nothing to show he is any better than

Chukwueze
Simon Moses
Samuel Kalu
Chidera Ejuke
Paul Mukairu
Ademola Lookman

These guys have all proven themselves at a much higher level of football

Let him prove himself in a better league, he has not proven himself yet. Youtube clips in bottom leagues do not get you into a national team.

We can all agree he looks an exciting prospect, but seriously tone down the unnecessary hype.
IMO, he's better than Onyekuru.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:

You keep promoting Iwuala's transfer to Europe! What is your real mission? I thought you were genuinely interested in the NPFL? How will Iwuala's transfer to Europe help the NPFL? Your comments since Iwuala played for the SE seems to reveal your real motive, it's not about the NPFL but getting players into Europe using our SE, something which Rohr is refusing to be a part of. This was how the late Stephen Keshi was used and dumped!
Rohr is only interested in players abroad.

I don´t understand this your rant or attack. It comes across as personal.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:

you also keep punishing us with junks at Fulham, what's behind such drive. We've all seen Anayo playing for the SE and also repping in the Confed cup on the continent, everyone can see how exciting this dude is , we didn't hear a word from you when **** played Musa . if it were a local coach , your likes would say that local coach done collect egunje...but today your belle dey burn because some Enyimba player is justifying his inclusion to the national team. I cannot stand hypocrites like you. I am not saying this , but you sound kind of morally corrupt
SuperEagles

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The hype for this guy is too much. He hasnt done anything that the likes of Ikedia, Haruna Babangida, Uzoenyi etc didnt do in the past. He has the raw talent but it takes much more to play and thrive at the highest level. If you ask me i think he needs to score more goals. He creates chances, and dibbles well and has great speed he needs to use these attributes to score boatloads of goals in the NPFL. That was how Ahmed Musa got noticed. its a shame we didnt qualify for the Olympics. That would have been the perfect stage for him to get the attention of Euro clubs in top leagues.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:The hype for this guy is too much. He hasnt done anything that the likes of Ikedia, Haruna Babangida, Uzoenyi etc didnt do in the past. He has the raw talent but it takes much more to play and thrive at the highest level. If you ask me i think he needs to score more goals. He creates chances, and dibbles well and has great speed he needs to use these attributes to score boatloads of goals in the NPFL. That was how Ahmed Musa got noticed. its a shame we didnt qualify for the Olympics. That would have been the perfect stage for him to get the attention of Euro clubs in top leagues.

exactly.

He COULD go on to do well in Europe and become a great player

he also COULD be another Ejike Uzoenyi.

Simply dribbling opponents in the Nigerian league cannot be the standard to get an invite into SE.

Have we really sunken that low.

We are at a point now where even our players who tear up the Belgian, Turkish, French league have no gaurantees of making our team, yet people want to hype a few dribbles against sub par opposition. I tire for some people oh

Let the boy prove himself on a higher stage. I hope he can do it.