Lessons learned

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Lessons learned

Post by highbury »

If Nigeria qualifies for the World Cup( God willing), I have learned that any new additions to the team after qualifications do not make any impact for SE in the World Cup proper. 2010, 2014 and 2018 World Cups showed us( Osaze in 2014 is debatable). I believe Rohr should take the players that helped him secure the qualification. The intensity of the agents to recruit their clients to make the list will be fierce. I believe the only exception to any player making the team will only be Victor Moses. Personally, I don't think he is finished with SE. I know he has retired but I really hope he signals his intention to return. Chukwueze has alot to learn in the game.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lessons learned

Post by vancity eagle »

He'll no to Victor Moses, why would we let him back when he chose not to play for us.

The guy was woeful in 2018 anyways and he nothing but dive around looking for PKs.

We don't need him. We have enough wingers who are more dedicated and talented. The guy isn't even setting Russia ablaze or anything.

If a player can improve the team and did not suddenly decide to play for SE, once we qualified, then he should be welcomed.

How can u say Osaze didn't improve the team when he literally scored the goal in the only game we won.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

highbury wrote:If Nigeria qualifies for the World Cup( God willing), I have learned that any new additions to the team after qualifications do not make any impact for SE in the World Cup proper. 2010, 2014 and 2018 World Cups showed us( Osaze in 2014 is debatable). I believe Rohr should take the players that helped him secure the qualification. The intensity of the agents to recruit their clients to make the list will be fierce. I believe the only exception to any player making the team will only be Victor Moses. Personally, I don't think he is finished with SE. I know he has retired but I really hope he signals his intention to return. Chukwueze has alot to learn in the game.
Yes oo. Not just Victor Moses, We should also recall Shola Ameobi, Sam Sodje, Juwon Oshaniwa, Micheal Uchebo, Chigozie Agbim and Micheal Babatunde. They all have a lot to still offer :huh: :glare:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

naijaguy wrote:
highbury wrote:If Nigeria qualifies for the World Cup( God willing), I have learned that any new additions to the team after qualifications do not make any impact for SE in the World Cup proper. 2010, 2014 and 2018 World Cups showed us( Osaze in 2014 is debatable). I believe Rohr should take the players that helped him secure the qualification. The intensity of the agents to recruit their clients to make the list will be fierce. I believe the only exception to any player making the team will only be Victor Moses. Personally, I don't think he is finished with SE. I know he has retired but I really hope he signals his intention to return. Chukwueze has alot to learn in the game.
Yes oo. Not just Victor Moses, We should also recall Shola Ameobi, Sam Sodje, Juwon Oshaniwa, Micheal Uchebo, Chigozie Agbim and Micheal Babatunde. They all have a lot to still offer :huh: :glare:
You forgot Danny Shittu!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

naijaguy wrote:
Kai Chigozie Agbim brought back funny memories :rotf: :rotf:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Personally I think the idea of bringing players that did not participate in the qualifying campaign to be a stupid idea especially if you have nobody of work to prove they would perform better than the players the got you to the tournament .

We have tried bringing new players with disastrous results why do it again. The main focus should be anybody that wants to play for Nigeria should fight tool and nail to get into the qualifying team.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

False. Moses was one of our best players in the 2018 world cup.

I do agree that tho that he has a tendency to dive and that we don't need really him back.

:
vancity eagle wrote:He'll no to Victor Moses, why would we let him back when he chose not to play for us.

The guy was woeful in 2018 anyways and he nothing but dive around looking for PKs.

We don't need him. We have enough wingers who are more dedicated and talented. The guy isn't even setting Russia ablaze or anything.

If a player can improve the team and did not suddenly decide to play for SE, once we qualified, then he should be welcomed.

How can u say Osaze didn't improve the team when he literally scored the goal in the only game we won.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:He'll no to Victor Moses, why would we let him back when he chose not to play for us.

I'd take vic Mo over any one of our wingers any day. Infact, Rohr should try to get him to play in the qualifiers. Vic Mo is very good at breaking down defenses on the wing, with Osihmen and Nacho approaching their peak by the World Cup if we qualify, it'll be goals galore. How soon we forget!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

I'd take vic Mo over any one of our wingers any day. Infact, Rohr should try to get him to play in the qualifiers. Vic Mo is very good at breaking down defenses on the wing, with Osihmen and Nacho approaching their peak by the World Cup if we qualify, it'll be goals galore. How soon we forget!
Agreed. The Victor Moses we know will walk into the starting line up today. He'll certainly impact our game more than Chukwueze, and his experience and reputation will definitely be a plus.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

....and right on schedule, Victor is named in the Russian Premier League Team of the week.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/4/ ... -week.html
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Obong wrote:....and right on schedule, Victor is named in the Russian Premier League Team of the week.

Let them ask Cameron, Civ or Algeria if they'd rather face Chukwueze instead of Moses in a WCQ v SE. Baller no matter where he plays! :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I read somewhere that the players kick against the return of Victor Moses to the team.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We need VicMo back ASAp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3FgvhYh7Bw[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:We need VicMo back ASAp

You have Kalu and Henry Onyekuru?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote:

See wing play! CHUKWUEZE would've ended up at the corner flag with his back to goal trying to get a corner kick that he'll take and send back to Okoye.

Nonsense and ingredients. We MUST call him back if semis is truly our goal at the wc IF we qualify.

Osimhen

Iwobi. Nacho Vic MO
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Obong wrote:....and right on schedule, Victor is named in the Russian Premier League Team of the week.

Let them ask Cameron, Civ or Algeria if they'd rather face Chukwueze instead of Moses in a WCQ v SE. Baller no matter where he plays! :clap: :clap:

You are talking about a different Victor Moses.

At the world cup he was way below his usual self. I think he lacks motivation for SE to be honest. Let him be, we have enough players who will be hungry and not be diving around every two seconds. His heart is not with SE anymore or else he wouldn't have retired at 28. For him to just come in to take a World Cup spot when he didn't play in the qualifiers or ANC would be blasphemous. Let him be.

We have plenty of wingers

Chukwueze
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu
Ademola Lookman
Paul Mukairu
Henry Onyekuru
Chidera Ejuke
Anyawo Iwuala
Emmanuel Dennis

Plus even the likes of

Alex Iwobi
Ovie Ejaria
Michael Olise can also play on the wing,

We do not need Victor Moses.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

vancity eagle wrote:

You are talking about a different Victor Moses.

At the world cup he was way below his usual self. I think he lacks motivation for SE to be honest. Let him be, we have enough players who will be hungry and not be diving around every two seconds. His heart is not with SE anymore or else he wouldn't have retired at 28. For him to just come in to take a World Cup spot when he didn't play in the qualifiers or ANC would be blasphemous. Let him be.

We have plenty of wingers

Chukwueze
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu
Ademola Lookman
Paul Mukairu
Henry Onyekuru
Chidera Ejuke
Anyawo Iwuala
Emmanuel Dennis

Plus even the likes of

Alex Iwobi
Ovie Ejaria
Michael Olise can also play on the wing,

We do not need Victor Moses.

What Nigeria really needs is a new coach and perhaps one more midfielder who can hold on to the ball.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

What really bothers me intensely is that Rohr hasn't really found a true 10 or creator since 2016.... That tells me that outside the shores of Africa, Nigeria will struggle to win possession. I don't know the true reason for the delay of Ejaria
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We really have nothing to lose if we meet him for talks. The player himself said a while back that he would like to play in another world cup. He brings much needed experience to the SE.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:What really bothers me intensely is that Rohr hasn't really found a true 10 or creator since 2016.... That tells me that outside the shores of Africa, Nigeria will struggle to win possession. I don't know the true reason for the delay of Ejaria
How can you "find" what's not available?
If they exist, they'd be known to at least some of us here and elsewhere.
And we are even searching under the bridges....Eko bridge, 2nd Niger, Third Mainland and even London Bridge.
We no see the no10 anywhere. :P
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ANC wrote:

when they both learn to be direct or defensive like Moses Wake me up. VicMo has always been and is currently the SE's best wide player for the last 18 to 20 years. We need his experience. The introduction of Osaze in 2014 was very useful land helpful to the SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Do we also need Ighalo???
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

How do you want agents to make their money????

They are plenty here ooo
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”