Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 601
Location: Berlin, Toronto
... From England To Nigeria This Year

This is kinda strange. Me thought the switch process started a long time ago.... Something fishy l would say.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/04/reading-star-hopes-to-complete-his-international-switch-from-england-to-nigeria-this-year.html
Image

Quote:
Gernot Rohr does not plan on inviting new players for Nigeria’s 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign, but an England youth international still hopes to switch international allegiance this year

Reading star Ovie Ejaria hopes the process involved in his international switch from England to Nigeria will finally be sorted this year.

Ejaria was born in England and has represented the Three Lions at the youth level, including the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, which England won.

However, he is eligible to play for Nigeria through his parents and has declared his intention to represent the three-time African champions at the international level.

This was confirmed by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, who said Ejaria has written to FIFA over a possible international switch.

And According to the BBC’s Oluwashina Okeleji, Ejaria hopes to conclude the process this year, making him eligible for selection.

Ejaria is not the only Reading star with a Nigerian connection. Highly-rated youngster Michael Olise was named on standby in the Super Eagles squad that defeated the Benin Republic and Lesotho in their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers last month.

_________________
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20586
Good for Ovie that he's switching to Nigeria. I think he'll be a very important player for us.

What's with the secrecy around olise? Is he for sure with us or are we just trying a different tactic?

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 601
Location: Berlin, Toronto
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Good for Ovie that he's switching to Nigeria. I think he'll be a very important player for us.

What's with the secrecy around olise? Is he for sure with us or are we just trying a different tactic?


According to the story from "Owngoal"(so please take it with a grain of salt),"France failed with a last ditch attempt to stop Olise from switching to Nigeria"(story from March 16, 2021)
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/03/16/france-fail-with-last-ditch-attempt-to-stop-super-eagles-newboy-olise-from-switching-to-nigeria/

Same "Owngoal" (again take it with a grain of salt) reported that same Olise walked out of a live interview when asked to confirm if he has switched from France to Nigeria(March 22, 2021).
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/03/22/super-eagles-new-boy-olise-walks-out-of-live-interview-when-asked-to-confirm-if-he-has-switched-from-france-to-nigeria/

Whether the story about his (Olise) switch is true or not l can't imagine the NFF had him on a standby without a reason of switched allegiance. It was also reported he was on standby at that time because of his not having a Naija passport. So in between lies the truth or lie or even fantasy!!


Same can be said of Felix Agu (age 21, Werder Bremen) who snubbed Rohr's (when he was still playing for Osnabruck in the second division) approach to pick Germany over the SE and was snubbed by Germany U21 coach for the U21 Euros(after an invitation was extended to him to be part of their national team) .

Cheers

_________________
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4890
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
if Nigeria can get Ejaria and Lookman before the final face of qualifers in Septemeber/Novemebr that will be great additon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8258
Owngoal was the same outlet that 'confirmed' six (6) new players had been FIFA approved to play for Nigeria, only to back-track when they were exposed.
That outlet is beyond useless.
Next wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Good for Ovie that he's switching to Nigeria. I think he'll be a very important player for us.

What's with the secrecy around olise? Is he for sure with us or are we just trying a different tactic?


According to the story from "Owngoal"(so please take it with a grain of salt),"France failed with a last ditch attempt to stop Olise from switching to Nigeria"(story from March 16, 2021)
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/03/16/france-fail-with-last-ditch-attempt-to-stop-super-eagles-newboy-olise-from-switching-to-nigeria/

Same "Owngoal" (again take it with a grain of salt) reported that same Olise walked out of a live interview when asked to confirm if he has switched from France to Nigeria(March 22, 2021).
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/03/22/super-eagles-new-boy-olise-walks-out-of-live-interview-when-asked-to-confirm-if-he-has-switched-from-france-to-nigeria/

Whether the story about his (Olise) switch is true or not l can't imagine the NFF had him on a standby without a reason of switched allegiance. It was also reported he was on standby at that time because of his not having a Naija passport. So in between lies the truth or lie or even fantasy!!


Same can be said of Felix Agu (age 21, Werder Bremen) who snubbed Rohr's (when he was still playing for Osnabruck in the second division) approach to pick Germany over the SE and was snubbed by Germany U21 coach for the U21 Euros(after an invitation was extended to him to be part of their national team) .

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14940
Well I believe this is the first time that English media has confirmed the switch of these two, for all of those who were doubting it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44458
Location: UK
One thing about Olise which isn't reported much is that he is reputed to be a little hotheaded.
I read a couple of reports suggesting it - I think his manager at Reading was talking about an incident a few months ago.

Now that might be a clue. He might be his own man and for his own personal reasons has stuck to his decision to rep Naija much to everyone's surprise, including we Nigerians ourselves. Walking out of an interview, if true, further supports that reputation.

It could work in our favour but could equally work against us.
'Watch this space' is the best we can do for now.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20586
Damunk wrote:
One thing about Olise which isn't reported much is that he is reputed to be a little hotheaded.
I read a couple of reports suggesting it - I think his manager at Reading was talking about an incident a few months ago.

Now that might be a clue. He might be his own man and for his own personal reasons has stuck to his decision to rep Naija much to everyone's surprise, including we Nigerians ourselves. Walking out of an interview, if true, further supports that reputation.

It could work in our favour but could equally work against us.
'Watch this space' is the best we can do for now.



He's exactly the type we need on SE. Hot headed, skillful, confident player that knows what he wants. The polite fumblers like Iwobi haven't worked out too well.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40776
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Damunk wrote:
One thing about Olise which isn't reported much is that he is reputed to be a little hotheaded.
I read a couple of reports suggesting it - I think his manager at Reading was talking about an incident a few months ago.

Now that might be a clue. He might be his own man and for his own personal reasons has stuck to his decision to rep Naija much to everyone's surprise, including we Nigerians ourselves. Walking out of an interview, if true, further supports that reputation.

It could work in our favour but could equally work against us.
'Watch this space' is the best we can do for now.


Owngoal though...I pray we get him sha, the more the merrier.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20586
Owngoal now claims that NFF could be behind the delay. Im starting to think that the Nigerian factor don cause k leg for these boys. Who could be profiting from the delay?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/04/ ... o-nigeria/

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6439
Location: Ajegunle
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:
One thing about Olise which isn't reported much is that he is reputed to be a little hotheaded.
I read a couple of reports suggesting it - I think his manager at Reading was talking about an incident a few months ago.

Now that might be a clue. He might be his own man and for his own personal reasons has stuck to his decision to rep Naija much to everyone's surprise, including we Nigerians ourselves. Walking out of an interview, if true, further supports that reputation.

It could work in our favour but could equally work against us.
'Watch this space' is the best we can do for now.



He's exactly the type we need on SE. Hot headed, skillful, confident player that knows what he wants. The polite fumblers like Iwobi haven't worked out too well.

Wetin you dey smoke? So Olise is Playing Naija V Argentina in the World Cup Semi Final, his hothead gets the better of him, gives away a penalty and gets sent of in the last minute. Na that one you like?

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20586
DIMKA76 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:
One thing about Olise which isn't reported much is that he is reputed to be a little hotheaded.
I read a couple of reports suggesting it - I think his manager at Reading was talking about an incident a few months ago.

Now that might be a clue. He might be his own man and for his own personal reasons has stuck to his decision to rep Naija much to everyone's surprise, including we Nigerians ourselves. Walking out of an interview, if true, further supports that reputation.

It could work in our favour but could equally work against us.
'Watch this space' is the best we can do for now.



He's exactly the type we need on SE. Hot headed, skillful, confident player that knows what he wants. The polite fumblers like Iwobi haven't worked out too well.

Wetin you dey smoke? So Olise is Playing Naija V Argentina in the World Cup Semi Final, his hothead gets the better of him, gives away a penalty and gets sent of in the last minute. Na that one you like?


Yes. The cool head we've used against them hasn't worked in 26yrs since we started playing Argentina at the WC. His hot head could also anger them and earn us a pk too. Remember Zola v Eguavoen in 94? Zola was the hot heat but he won and we lost.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 15006
Location: South London
Own Goal continuously score overhead kicks into their own net!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44458
Location: UK
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Owngoal now claims that NFF could be behind the delay. Im starting to think that the Nigerian factor don cause k leg for these boys. Who could be profiting from the delay?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/04/ ... o-nigeria/
I wonder whether the English FA are actually behind the delay. :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40776
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Owngoal now claims that NFF could be behind the delay. Im starting to think that the Nigerian factor don cause k leg for these boys. Who could be profiting from the delay?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/04/ ... o-nigeria/
I wonder whether the English FA are actually behind the delay. :idea:


That would be a pretty screwed up process if the country that is losing out on the player could actually delay their switch. I would think FIFA would be smart enough not to allow that to happen. And there have been other (better) players like Zaha etc who have made the switch without too much of a hitch...But how were you thinking the English FA could delay the process for years?

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44458
Location: UK
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Owngoal now claims that NFF could be behind the delay. Im starting to think that the Nigerian factor don cause k leg for these boys. Who could be profiting from the delay?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/04/ ... o-nigeria/
I wonder whether the English FA are actually behind the delay. :idea:


That would be a pretty screwed up process if the country that is losing out on the player could actually delay their switch. I would think FIFA would be smart enough not to allow that to happen. And there have been other (better) players like Zaha etc who have made the switch without too much of a hitch...But how were you thinking the English FA could delay the process for years?
No idea.
Just going thru the wording of the NFF denial...seems they have very little power in the matter.
Essentially, in any switch, it is the 'releasing' country, FIFA and the player that are the three relevant parties.
I cant really see how the 'receiving' country could sabotage its own efforts.
Pinnick, after all, is well known to be very pro-FB.

So it stands to reason that its unlikely to be Nigeria slowing things down.
But it seems our people are more willing to believe that than the other way round.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44458
Location: UK
I am also quite alive to the fact that Nigeria might be slowly becoming a real 'pain in the butt' for the English FA, with the number of top young players coming through the ranks from the bottom up..
I don't think we fully appreciate the sheer number involved...and they keep coming.
Ask people like Waffi or Sir V here in the UK. I also see it myself, evident everywhere you look.

It wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for the English FA's strategic goals to include making the switch process as difficult as possible, not just for now but for the future.
It's called 'protecting their assets'.
Just speculating here of course.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15794
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Owngoal now claims that NFF could be behind the delay. Im starting to think that the Nigerian factor don cause k leg for these boys. Who could be profiting from the delay?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/04/ ... o-nigeria/
I wonder whether the English FA are actually behind the delay. :idea:


That would be a pretty screwed up process if the country that is losing out on the player could actually delay their switch. I would think FIFA would be smart enough not to allow that to happen. And there have been other (better) players like Zaha etc who have made the switch without too much of a hitch...But how were you thinking the English FA could delay the process for years?
No idea.
Just going thru the wording of the NFF denial...seems they have very little power in the matter.
Essentially, in any switch, it is the 'releasing' country, FIFA and the player that are the three relevant parties.
I cant really see how the 'receiving' country could sabotage its own efforts.
Pinnick, after all, is well known to be very pro-FB.

So it stands to reason that its unlikely to be Nigeria slowing things down.
But it seems our people are more willing to believe that than the other way round.

Are the German FA also slowing things down for us? :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54837
Location: United Kingdom
I am not yet sold on Ovie. Even of he switches, is he guaranteed a place in the squad?

Here is how I rate Nigerian playmakers at the moment:

[1] Ebere Eze
[2] Alex Iwobi
[3] Michael Olise
[4] Ovie Ejaria

For me, Rohr and Pinnick must get Ebere whatever it takes. No excuses should be tolerated!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:56 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 845
vancity eagle wrote:
Well I believe this is the first time that English media has confirmed the switch of these two, for all of those who were doubting it.

Which English media are you referring to?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 601
Location: Berlin, Toronto
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Owngoal now claims that NFF could be behind the delay. Im starting to think that the Nigerian factor don cause k leg for these boys. Who could be profiting from the delay?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/04/ ... o-nigeria/
I wonder whether the English FA are actually behind the delay. :idea:



There's no proof here, but I'm pretty sure it's not the NFF that is slowing down the switch process. It could be the British FA(l just don't trust them for obvious reasons) or FIFA not working at full speed because of the COVID-19 situation. But ìt`s good to know that the players have already applied for the switch, at least the first step has been taking.

Anyway, time will tell...

cheers

_________________
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8258
In spite of the fact that the kid has pledged his allegiance to the 'tres leones'? Wonder how Rohr and Pinnick can pull this off?

Oh, I know!...Why don't we just hire Mossad contractors to nick him off the streets of Berkshire, put him in a crate and cargo him down to Nigeria (Umaru Dikko style), where he will be forced to play for Nigeria?
Don't know how many times someone has to tell you NO, before it resonates with you.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I am not yet sold on Ovie. Even of he switches, is he guaranteed a place in the squad?

Here is how I rate Nigerian playmakers at the moment:

[1] Ebere Eze
[2] Alex Iwobi
[3] Michael Olise
[4] Ovie Ejaria

For me, Rohr and Pinnick must get Ebere whatever it takes. No excuses should be tolerated!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20586
Otitokoro wrote:
In spite of the fact that the kid has pledged his allegiance to the 'tres leones'? Wonder how Rohr and Pinnick can pull this off?

Oh, I know!...Why don't we just hire Mossad contractors to nick him off the streets of Berkshire, put him in a crate and cargo him down to Nigeria (Umaru Dikko style), where he will be forced to play for Nigeria?
Don't know how many times someone has to tell you NO, before it resonates with you.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I am not yet sold on Ovie. Even of he switches, is he guaranteed a place in the squad?

Here is how I rate Nigerian playmakers at the moment:

[1] Ebere Eze
[2] Alex Iwobi
[3] Michael Olise
[4] Ovie Ejaria

For me, Rohr and Pinnick must get Ebere whatever it takes. No excuses should be tolerated!



Lmao @Mossad contractors. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I thought it was Nigerian military intelligence officers that picked up Dikko in London and shipped him to Niaja in a crate. No? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gochino, Google [Bot], YemiBrazil and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group