I DONT RECALL MIKEL OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
I DONT RECALL MIKEL OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM SE

Post by jette1 »

All we knew was that he was injured before Egypt and gingerly made some appearances that was it, he never actually said he is retired. He wasn’t in his best emotional stability during that period to make such important call compared to now that he is back in England with family. Are we going to just like that accept the fact that our team lacked a stabling datum in port novo and in Lagos and before that the Ogbumudia stadium debacle
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: I DONT RECALL MIKEL OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM SE

Post by Adisboy »

jette1 wrote:All we knew was that he was injured before Egypt and gingerly made some appearances that was it, he never actually said he is retired. He wasn’t in his best emotional stability during that period to make such important call compared to now that he is back in England with family. Are we going to just like that accept the fact that our team lacked a stabling datum in port novo and in Lagos and before that the Ogbumudia stadium debacle
Dude, give it a rest! Mikel officially retired after the AFCON 2019. He made a public statement to that effect. Go google it.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

jette1 wrote:All we knew was that he was injured before Egypt and gingerly made some appearances that was it, he never actually said he is retired. He wasn’t in his best emotional stability during that period to make such important call compared to now that he is back in England with family. Are we going to just like that accept the fact that our team lacked a stabling datum in port novo and in Lagos and before that the Ogbumudia stadium debacle
Goan an unretire Mutiu Adepoju while U at it na.. :tic:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

paj wrote:

:lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Jette is so slow he's now officially slower than slow Toad Tobi. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

paj wrote:
:scared:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Jette is so slow he's now officially slower than slow Toad Tobi. :laugh:
You are so fast, you are faster than speed
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

jette1 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Jette is so slow he's now officially slower than slow Toad Tobi. :laugh:
You are so fast, you are faster than speed
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

With Ndidi fully entrenched as the commanding DM and likely next Captain, there really is no role for Mikel anymore(especially as we also have up-and-coming youngsters like Onyeka and Alhassan who can effectively deputize, and who have not even been tried yet by Rohr. Mikel will prefer to be our #10 instead, but we all know how that ended.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You miss me don't you
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

There's a valid argument to be made that in the Rohr 4-2-3-1, Mikel is still playing at a high enough level to partner Ndidi as one of the two withdrawn midfielders

Etebo/Aribo are currently the candidates; it's not really a 10, more either a box-to-box CM or a pivot while Ndidi is the ball winner
Obong wrote:With Ndidi fully entrenched as the commanding DM and likely next Captain, there really is no role for Mikel anymore(especially as we also have up-and-coming youngsters like Onyeka and Alhassan who can effectively deputize, and who have not even been tried yet by Rohr. Mikel will prefer to be our #10 instead, but we all know how that ended.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

if Mikel can agree to play in the next AFCON , then i see us having a solid defensive base..Mikel and Ndidi holding will help that weak defense we have
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved