Osimhen (he hangs!!) v Sampdoria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen (he hangs!!) v Sampdoria

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:The idea that the Napoli players are intentionally ignoring Osimehn is false. They are all overjoyed to see him score. They truly are. I think they are just used to playing a certain way which does not suit Osimehms strengths. They are not used to having the type of forward like Osimehn.

The boy played well today and was ignored a few times, but again I don't think it's anything personal, just Napoli players stuck in their ways. They need to play more often to Osimehns strengths.
I agree with this. I mean they bought him to change up their style as he offers something they lacked in the past with their tiny forwards in Insigne and Mertens, so its on Gattuso to get them to play to his strength
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:The idea that the Napoli players are intentionally ignoring Osimehn is false. They are all overjoyed to see him score. They truly are. I think they are just used to playing a certain way which does not suit Osimehms strengths. They are not used to having the type of forward like Osimehn.

The boy played well today and was ignored a few times, but again I don't think it's anything personal, just Napoli players stuck in their ways. They need to play more often to Osimehns strengths.
I agree with this. I mean they bought him to change up their style as he offers something they lacked in the past with their tiny forwards in Insigne and Mertens, so its on Gattuso to get them to play to his strength
After all this years, this one still shoots his mouth like he knows what he is talking about. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Napoli did not buy Osimhen because they had "small fowards." They had Milik and LLorente when they bought Osimhen. LIARRR!!! :lol: :lol:

How is Albrighton doing, by the way? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Arkadiusz Milik Height: 6′ 1″

Victor Osimhen Height: 6′ 1″

:D :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You dey mind MentallyRetardedAlbrighton? :oops: :oops: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyone who knows football knows that Rino pushed hard for Victor because he was looking for aggression and finishing. last season, Napoli created the most chances and couldnt score. And more so, their no 9s were not mobile or aggressive enough. Thats why Rino went all out for Victor.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Maybe metallo thinks that black man = bigger and more physical.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kalani JR wrote:Maybe metallo thinks that black man = bigger and more physical.
Or maybe i know wtf talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Always remember that if you choose to lie with dogs (danfo) you get fleas :lol: :lol:
"It's difficult to find someone better than Milik," Gattuso told Sky Sport Italia post-game.

"However, when a player believes his time at a club is over and he wants a change of scenery, you have to listen to him.

"You can't try to keep someone against their will, or it's difficult to get them to listen or have the right mentality. You have to respect the wishes of the player."

While Milik is nearing a departure, Napoli are reportedly trying to sign Lille star Victor Osimhen as his replacement.
https://www.fotmob.com/news/h1v7lkstc81 ... en-rumours

He is a good player with different characteristics from Milik. Currently, it’s not right to talk about him because he is a LOSC player. When he arrives, I’ll explain what he can bring us, Gattuso told Sky Italia per Robin Bainer.
https://soccernet.ng/2020/07/gattuso-fi ... apoli.html

Napoli was looking for a new striker because Arkadiusz Milik seems to be leaving Napoli this summer. The former Ajax player refuses to extend his one-year contract for the time being and would be in the interest of Juventus.

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/202 ... XnWZP.html
Milik appeared to be on the brink of leaving Napoli in the most recent transfer window, as Juventus and Roma were close to a deal while Tottenham also showed interest in the Poland star.

The 26-year-old, however, would end up staying at Napoli despite admitting he had accepted offers from other teams. Milik has revealed he turned down the chance to stay with Napoli long term, with his current contract set to expire at season's end
https://www.goal.com/en/news/napoli-hav ... 11z6wmj8oo

Gennaro Gattuso had left Milik out of his Serie A squad for the first half of the season after the striker failed to force a move away from the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona during the summer.
https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2021/0 ... marseille/
Last edited by metalalloy on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:Maybe metallo thinks that black man = bigger and more physical.
Yup! thats what the braindead dog thinks. Quite shameful. :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote: Or maybe i know wtf talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: First you claimed that it was because they have small players. Now you claim that it was because Milik is leaving. Which one is it? Braindead dog! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Like I said, anyone who knows football know that when Napoli wanted to buy Osimhen and started negotiating for him, they had Milik and Llorente. In fact, Napoli was still negotiating with Milik to remain at Napoli long into when Osimhen was negotiating to come to Napoli. It was because Milik kept whoring himself out that at the start of the season, Napoli got upset and "put him in the stands" as punishment.

Anyone who knows you here knows that you are mentally retarted! Thats why you cant be taken seriously. Small players ko, big pikin ni! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Arkadiusz Milik Height: 6′ 1″

Victor Osimhen Height: 6′ 1″

:D :D
Osimhen and Milik are different styled players. Read this for a better idea of how Gattuso changed his approach with Osimhen. They still are not playing to his full strength .

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comment ... f_osimhen/

This is also a deeper breakdown of differences between Milik and Osimhen
Napoli’s attacking play

Not that Napoli play a lot through the middle anyway.

Napoli do not tend to assist the striker via through balls. This is because their build-up is typically slow; under Gattuso, their playing out is even more methodical and risk-averse than it was under Maurizio Sarri. Just like under their former manager, they seek to draw opponents forward and bait the press (they attempted the most passes while under pressure from an opponent in Serie A); however, Gattuso does not push the full-backs forward early during the first phase. This is probably to minimize the danger from potential turnovers.

Once they get out, they will usually seek to gain entry into the final third through wider areas rather than progressing centrally. No team in Serie A plays more switches of play than Napoli, and they attempted more crosses more than any other team in the league. For the most part, however, those crosses are either cut-backs from close to the byline or low balls whipped in; Milik gives them the option to float balls into the box, but it is not a staple of their approach.

There is a distinct difference between the sort of service Osimhen thrived on at Lille and the type that Napoli typically supplies. This chalkboard captures it quite handily.

Assists for the Nigerian at Lille tended to come over longer distances, from deeper areas and played in behind the opposing defence. Only one arrived via cut-back, three following low crosses from an advancing full-back, and one came from a corner. By contrast, the assists for Milik’s and Mertens’ goals are almost exclusively cut-backs and square passes.

The exceptions to these were Milik’s goal against Atalanta, and Mertens’ goals against Liverpool and Genk in the Champions League. Incidentally, both were scored under Ancelotti – the Everton boss was, at the time, aggressively trying to transition away from the Sarri model, and had Napoli playing a 4-4-2 shape. Suffice to say it did not work, and indeed the very first thing Gattuso did upon taking over was to revert to the tried-and-trusted 4-3-3.

While Osimhen certainly has the composure to finish off the sort of cut-backs that Napoli’s strikers thrive upon, it is worth noting that, when he has scored off low crosses from out wide, he has almost always needed to check his run. Often, scoring into an open goal is maligned, but the element of timing and anticipation when the ball is played out wide is crucial to arriving in the right place and also avoiding straying offside due to over-enthusiasm.

https://thesupersub.com/osimhen-to-napoli/

You are too smart to simply think that because they are 6'1 that they play or are used the same way... Napoli is still not playing to Victors strengths yet...

ps. don't suffer from danfoitis. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep digging! Mentally retarded dunce! I thought it was because they had small players? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

danfo driver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep digging! Mentally retarded dunce! I thought it was because they had small players? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Disagree with the man if you must, but this kind of name calling and language is unacceptable. Calm down abeg!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?