Kele x2goals and Ndidi vs WestHam

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kele x2goals and Ndidi vs WestHam

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Leicester defended like hungry school boys in the first half. Chei!

Wha choo looking at?!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Breda Amartey particularly at fault for Lingard’s second....
Scipio Africanus wrote:Leicester defended like hungry school boys in the first half. Chei!
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/back-to ... 808kfxamkr

kai see hating during the game..may Leicester miss out of top 4 because of the clueless fans
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/back-to ... 808kfxamkr

kai see hating during the game..may Leicester miss out of top 4 because of the clueless fans
Glad they lost, typical fair weather fans...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Both strikes were poacher strikes. Funny thing is, he is actually getting into the spaces Vardy used to get into, and I don't think it's by mistake. I think Bredan Rogers is managing the transition very well. Kele will lead the Leicester lines next season woth Vardy supporting and if this is what we should expect, they will be very dangerous.
To stop trying is to start dying
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Shownoja wrote:Both strikes were poacher strikes. Funny thing is, he is actually getting into the spaces Vardy used to get into, and I don't think it's by mistake. I think Bredan Rogers is managing the transition very well. Kele will lead the Leicester lines next season woth Vardy supporting and if this is what we should expect, they will be very dangerous.
actully they need to buy another striker, they are so much better with 2 strikers playing. Also Kele will be heading to Cameroon come january
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Hmmm....na siddon look

Nacho got his chance and grabbed it with both hands; the tactical transition to two upfront was due to Maddison/Barnes getting injured

The preferred formation was Vardy upfront solo; Nacho would sub in for Vardy as a lone striker and struggled because that’s not his strength

When everyone is fit, it will be interesting to see what Otunba Rodgers does.....I suspect back to status quo cuz Vardy isn’t scoring right now.....
Shownoja wrote:Both strikes were poacher strikes. Funny thing is, he is actually getting into the spaces Vardy used to get into, and I don't think it's by mistake. I think Bredan Rogers is managing the transition very well. Kele will lead the Leicester lines next season woth Vardy supporting and if this is what we should expect, they will be very dangerous.

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Amazing what confidence can do to a player! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The psychological element of football never ceases to fascinate me.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:Amazing what confidence can do to a player! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

No be only football o! 8-)

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Am I the only one who thinks VAR made a mess of the call for West Ham’s second goal❓❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Am I the only one who thinks VAR made a mess of the call for West Ham’s second goal❓❗️

Cheers.
Yes!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Why? Bowen was on side when the pass was made and same for Lingaard for the assist.....
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Am I the only one who thinks VAR made a mess of the call for West Ham’s second goal❓❗️

Cheers.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lingard was offside when Bowen received the ball. As I understand it from frequent observation, when the first pass goes to a player who came back onside from an offside position, he is usually ruled offside. The goal, IMHO, should have been disallowed❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Damunk wrote:Amazing what confidence can do to a player! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Very true, but football is my thing and what I've been observing all my life.

Did you see the recent report on how the effect of the pandemic has removed home advantage?
The figures are astonishing.
Psychology is also why I started to look into the effect of dark jerseys on dark-skinned teams... which you promised to look into further by the way. :sneaky:
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Separate phase of play is my understanding; once Bowen received the ball Lingaard’s position at the time the ball was played out of defense no longer had any bearing on the new phase
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Lingard was offside when Bowen received the ball. As I understand it from frequent observation, when the first pass goes to a player who came back onside from an offside position, he is usually ruled offside. The goal, IMHO, should have been disallowed❗️

Cheers.

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Very true, but football is my thing and what I've been observing all my life.

Did you see the recent report on how the effect of the pandemic has removed home advantage?
The figures are astonishing.
Psychology is also why I started to look into the effect of dark jerseys on dark-skinned teams... which you promised to look into further by the way. :sneaky:
You don catch me! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I still dey work on am o! :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

tedder89 wrote:Separate phase of play is my understanding; once Bowen received the ball Lingaard’s position at the time the ball was played out of defense no longer had any bearing on the new phase
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Lingard was offside when Bowen received the ball. As I understand it from frequent observation, when the first pass goes to a player who came back onside from an offside position, he is usually ruled offside. The goal, IMHO, should have been disallowed❗️

Cheers.
I strongly disagree. In the new phase that you’re talking about, Lingard was initially offside. Had Bowen shot on goal and scored, there would be no dispute whatsoever but he didn’t shoot on goal. He elected to pass the ball to a previously offside Lingard. I insist the goal shouldn’t have counted❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
tedder89 wrote:Separate phase of play is my understanding; once Bowen received the ball Lingaard’s position at the time the ball was played out of defense no longer had any bearing on the new phase

Cheers.
I strongly disagree. In the new phase that you’re talking about, Lingard was initially offside. Had Bowen shot on goal and scored, there would be no dispute whatsoever but he didn’t shoot on goal. He elected to pass the ball to a previously offside Lingard. I insist the goal shouldn’t have counted❗️

Cheers.
It’s ok, just say you don’t understand the phases of the current offside rule. You really think if it were clearly offside nobody would be talking about it? Only you understands the offside rule while Leicester team/coaches/fans/the world are ignorant?

If you want to educate yourself you can click on the link below but we all know you won’t...so let me paraphrase, he wasn’t offside in the initial phase of play since he wasn’t interfering with the play and again wasn’t offside on the next phase of play since he was behind the ball before the pass for the goal.
A change to the rule was introduced two years ago, which allows a player to be in an offside position provided they are not "actively involved in play"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 993924.stm
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Thanks for explaining it much better than I ever could.....

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

You guys are just a bunch of yes men, who cling to whatever ruling the ref makes, right or wrong. Even the article you pointed me to says quite clearly that the offside rules aren’t clear cut. Besides, there is a reason why the ref took almost 4 minutes to make a decision. If it were that clear cut, why did it take that long to make a decision? Clearly, there was some doubt about the circumstances❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
It’s ok, just say you don’t understand the phases of the current offside rule. You really think if it were clearly offside nobody would be talking about it? Only you understands the offside rule while Leicester team/coaches/fans/the world are ignorant?

If you want to educate yourself you can click on the link below but we all know you won’t...so let me paraphrase, he wasn’t offside in the initial phase of play since he wasn’t interfering with the play and again wasn’t offside on the next phase of play since he was behind the ball before the pass for the goal.
A change to the rule was introduced two years ago, which allows a player to be in an offside position provided they are not "actively involved in play"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 993924.stm
TTTK is legendary for his arguments on offsides.
Even with graphics he will continue to argue blindly, so good luck with getting him to "educate" himself.
If you push too hard, e go turn to insult.

Two threads in which he was making a donkey of himself arguing his opinion on 'Offside":
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295748&hilit=offside&start=1219
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292169&hilit=offside&start=506

Best of luck in your attempts to get him to take the road to Damascus. :rotf: