Kele x2goals and Ndidi vs WestHam

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kele x2goals and Ndidi vs WestHam

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
tedder89 wrote:Separate phase of play is my understanding; once Bowen received the ball Lingaard’s position at the time the ball was played out of defense no longer had any bearing on the new phase
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Lingard was offside when Bowen received the ball. As I understand it from frequent observation, when the first pass goes to a player who came back onside from an offside position, he is usually ruled offside. The goal, IMHO, should have been disallowed❗️

Cheers.
I strongly disagree. In the new phase that you’re talking about, Lingard was initially offside. Had Bowen shot on goal and scored, there would be no dispute whatsoever but he didn’t shoot on goal. He elected to pass the ball to a previously offside Lingard. I insist the goal shouldn’t have counted❗️

Cheers.
It’s ok, just say you don’t understand the phases of the current offside rule. You really think if it were clearly offside nobody would be talking about it? Only you understands the offside rule while Leicester team/coaches/fans/the world are ignorant?

If you want to educate yourself you can click on the link below but we all know you won’t...so let me paraphrase, he wasn’t offside in the initial phase of play since he wasn’t interfering with the play and again wasn’t offside on the next phase of play since he was behind the ball before the pass for the goal.
A change to the rule was introduced two years ago, which allows a player to be in an offside position provided they are not "actively involved in play"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 993924.stm
TTTK is legendary for his arguments on offsides.
Even with graphics he will continue to argue blindly, so good luck with getting him to "educate" himself.
If you push too hard, e go turn to insult.

Two threads in which he was making a donkey of himself arguing his opinion on 'Offside":
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295748&hilit=offside&start=1219
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292169&hilit=offside&start=506

Best of luck in your attempts to get him to take the road to Damascus. :rotf:
Trust me I know, he doesn’t realize that if everyone interprets the rule one way and he’s the only one interpreting it another one that he’s actually the one with the problem :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!