Did **** try to destroy Iheanacho's confidence?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Did **** try to destroy Iheanacho's confidence?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I do recall during the AFCON prep for Egypt, how that inept **** chose to talk down on how Kele no be am, sotey he dropped Kele. Today we see Kele showing clueless **** why he is destined to be APOY in the near future
Nigeria boss explains why Kelechi Iheanacho was dropped from final AFCON squad
“It was not the match against Zimbabwe (a goalless friendly) that helped in our decision to drop the two players,” Rohr said.“We already had our opinion before the match because we observed them throughout the season and we saw what they did. We had seven training sessions to see the fitness and confidence of the players.

“The choice of dropping two players is really difficult for me.“I can’t take every one of you to AFCON. All the players showed good character, good mentality throughout this week, but we just must drop two players.“It’s so unfortunate and a difficult moment for Iheanacho and Ajayi missing out but they are still part of the team.”
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ho-2962985
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Did **** try to destroy Iheanacho's confidence?

Post by maceo4 »

What was worse was how atrocious the ones he took in his place looked at the ANC even against useless teams. Form is temporary, class is permanent!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:What was worse was how atrocious the ones he took in his place looked at the ANC even against useless teams. Form is temporary, class is permanent!
the most upsetting part, was how **** kept on yabbing Kele during interviews..
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

A year ago he was not in form, that is the basic truth. A year after he is in the team. It is not unusual for a player to lose form and direction. The most important thing is for the player to put his head down and work hard at reviving his form. That is what he has done.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:A year ago he was not in form, that is the basic truth. A year after he is in the team. It is not unusual for a player to lose form and direction. The most important thing is for the player to put his head down and work hard at reviving his form. That is what he has done.
agreed, but your manager shouldn't come out and cap on you, that will only make your confidence worst
SuperEagles

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Could Brasil drop Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Neymar because of form? Could Argentina drop Kempis, Maradona or Messi because of form? Could Italy drop Roberto Baggio? Can England drop Harry Kane because of form?

Like I have always said a boxer should always take all his weapons into a fight. He doesn’t leave his knock punch as home because he wasn’t able to go land it in his last fight ..... Nigeria went to the last ANC without their knock out punch and relied on jabbing (Ighalo) to win games. All Nacho needed to regain his form was games. He is currently the most clinical striker Nigeria has.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Flex Swift wrote:Could Brasil drop Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Neymar because of form? Could Argentina drop Kempis, Maradona or Messi because of form? Could Italy drop Roberto Baggio? Can England drop Harry Kane because of form?

Like I have always said a boxer should always take all his weapons into a fight. He doesn’t leave his knock punch as home because he wasn’t able to go land it in his last fight ..... Nigeria went to the last ANC without their knock out punch and relied on jabbing (Ighalo) to win games. All Nacho needed to regain his form was games. He is currently the most clinical striker Nigeria has.
It's sad to see Ighalo doesn't get the due respect he deserves on here... for goodness sake this guy was the highest goal scorer in the last AFCON qualifiers and among the top in the tournament itself... granted he was not a fans favorite, but he always put in a shift when called upon and was very professional through and through.

And it's good to see Nacho show his class and quality, but it wasn't farfetched as to why he was dropped from the squad in the last AFCON, majority of our fans even gave up on him and never rated him that highly due to his patchy form (let's be truthful to ourselves)!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote:Could Brasil drop Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Neymar because of form? Could Argentina drop Kempis, Maradona or Messi because of form? Could Italy drop Roberto Baggio? Can England drop Harry Kane because of form?

He is the best striker we have, the Goal he scored vs Tanzania in Uyo as well as away in Zambia showed how deadly that kid is, but we have a fake news manger , who offers nothing . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMLA0vIAVp0[/video]
SuperEagles

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Debatable; you can do irreversible damage to a player’s confidence if you play him when he’s out of form

Naija fans are unforgiving and he was not playing well due to Otunba Rodgers’ mismanagement

IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Pre-AFCON 2019 camp:
5. Kelechi Iheanacho – Many criticised his inclusion in the squad of players for the tournament, no thanks to his poor form and lack of game time at English Premier League side Leicester City. That appears to have zero effect on his performance as he was very clinical during the shooting drills and the 5-aside game they played. He scored with almost all of his efforts.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/04/su ... erformers/
Kelechi Iheanacho has been very deadly in front of goal but he truly looks like a player who’s short of confidence as he sometimes goes missing before popping up to score. His misses have also out numbered the goals he has converted since the start of training.
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/07/s ... stoppable/
3. There was also a CE poll and CE accurately predicted Nacho and Ajayi would be dropped and that's exactly what happened.

4. When Nacho was dropped from the AFCON '19 squad, we didn't hear pimm from anybody on CE, including you, Bigporkey.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294956

Why? Because everyone knew he wasn't performing and didn't deserve going to AFCON.
Now you dey try rewrite history.

Focus man!
Focus on the facts!!!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:

It's sad to see Ighalo doesn't get the due respect he deserves on here... for goodness sake this guy was the highest goal scorer in the last AFCON qualifiers and among the top in the tournament itself... granted he was not a fans favorite, but he always put in a shift when called upon and was very professional through and through.

And it's good to see Nacho show his class and quality, but it wasn't farfetched as to why he was dropped from the squad in the last AFCON, majority of our fans even gave up on him and never rated him that highly due to his patchy form (let's be truthful to ourselves)!
God bless you!
See why they say Nigerians have short memories? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The lack of respect for Ighalo is saddening.
Correction: he was not "among the top in the tournament". He WAS the top striker and won the Golden Boot.
Still, that is not enough for some people to give credit for the decision.

Remember at the time they were up in arms because Rohr didn't use Osimhen.
The "dead rubber" game they argue was worth "testing" players in is the very same game (the 2-0 loss to Madagascar) they now use to beat him over the head.
But I thought it wasn't an important game? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything for a good whinge with these guys. :oops: :oops:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is funny.
Nacho to Nigeria was nothing near what those players were to their national teams.
Fear God nah, haba! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a dodgy analogy. You try. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Pre-AFCON 2019 camp:
5. Kelechi Iheanacho – Many criticised his inclusion in the squad of players for the tournament, no thanks to his poor form and lack of game time at English Premier League side Leicester City. That appears to have zero effect on his performance as he was very clinical during the shooting drills and the 5-aside game they played. He scored with almost all of his efforts.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/04/su ... erformers/
Kelechi Iheanacho has been very deadly in front of goal but he truly looks like a player who’s short of confidence as he sometimes goes missing before popping up to score. His misses have also out numbered the goals he has converted since the start of training.
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/07/s ... stoppable/
3. There was also a CE poll and CE accurately predicted Nacho and Ajayi would be dropped and that's exactly what happened.

4. When Nacho was dropped from the AFCON '19 squad, we didn't hear pimm from anybody on CE, including you, Bigporkey.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294956

Why? Because everyone knew he wasn't performing and didn't deserve going to AFCON.
Now you dey try rewrite history.

Focus man!
Focus on the facts!!!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Thank God the internet NEVER forgets especially when all the facts lie in the archives :rotf:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Didn't Ronaldinho famously get dropped in 2010?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Tobi17 wrote:

I have been following Mrs Ighalo’s career right from when he captained the under 20 squad and thought what a wastepipe even back then.

When Emenike spear headed our attack Nigeria won the ANC and got into the second round of the World Cup. Fast forward to Mrs Ighalo and we the fans are expected to give respect to player that couldn’t even score against Madagascar scored majority of his goal via the penalty spot and only won a bronze medal. Show respect to a striker that scored a grand total of zero goals at the last World Cup and helped Nigeria get eliminated in the first round.

I kicked up a fuss protesting the omission of Kelechi from the last AN. Squad cybereagles even tried to get me banned.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Iheanacho was out of form and out of shape even as recent as last october! This astute observation was from the Algeria friendly in October 2020!
1naija wrote:Nacho will score. He came on like he just finished eating Akpu.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301917&hilit=Akpu&start=299
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

I have been following Mrs Ighalo’s career right from when he captained the under 20 squad and thought what a wastepipe even back then.

When Emenike spear headed our attack Nigeria won the ANC and got into the second round of the World Cup. Fast forward to Mrs Ighalo and we the fans are expected to give respect to player that couldn’t even score against Madagascar scored majority of his goal via the penalty spot and only won a bronze medal. Show respect to a striker that scored a grand total of zero goals at the last World Cup and helped Nigeria get eliminated in the first round.

I kicked up a fuss protesting the omission of Kelechi from the last AN. Squad cybereagles even tried to get me banned.
Everybody likes to claim this.
Tried to get you banned for what?
For pushing your views on the inclusion of Nacho? :shock: :shock: :shock:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Kelechi is not been used properly in the National team. Rohr don't know how to use him. He will continue to struggle playing in a midfield role for Nigeria. The guy is a support striker not a midfielder.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:Kelechi is not been used properly in the National team. Rohr don't know how to use him. He will continue to struggle playing in a midfield role for Nigeria. The guy is a support striker not a midfielder.
But he has been used as a striker in many games and did not score. Osimhem is ahead of him as the no.9, so how else will you play him without compromising other aspects of the team? He did play as a support striker (whatever that means) in our last 2 games.

BTW isn't support striker the new position we created for Kanu when his juju wore off? Any SE striker that doesn't score is a support striker.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Kelechi is not been used properly in the National team. Rohr don't know how to use him. He will continue to struggle playing in a midfield role for Nigeria. The guy is a support striker not a midfielder.
But he has been used as a striker in many games and did not score. Osimhem is ahead of him as the no.9, so how else will you play him without compromising other aspects of the team? He did play as a support striker (whatever that means) in our last 2 games.

BTW isn't support striker the new position we created for Kanu when his juju wore off? Any SE striker that doesn't score is a support striker.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

1naija wrote:

God will forgive you for yabbing the Great King Kanu
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Iheanacho's best position is just behind the striker, it could be as number 10 ( he does not need to be the playmaker) or for example in a 442 formation. It's strange that most coaches just don't get it and play him as a lone striker upfront.