Musa signs for Kano Pillars

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Musa signs for Kano Pillars

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa to sign for new club?

Post by Undertaker »

Water don reach it level! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: So our captain would be home based? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

**** kills 2 birds with one stone, won’t have to be answering questions about inviting a clubless player as well as questions about not inviting home based players lol...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:**** kills 2 birds with one stone, won’t have to be answering questions about inviting a clubless player as well as questions about not inviting home based players lol...
Abeg Musa's case is different, he should just retire at this point.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:**** kills 2 birds with one stone, won’t have to be answering questions about inviting a clubless player as well as questions about not inviting home based players lol...
:rotf:
SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’d love to see more of our top pros do this at the end of their careers.
Musa has played at the highest levels and just his presence will bring a degree of professionalism to the domestic game.
Imagine a league that has Mikel, Ighalo, Musa, Ogu and Onazi in it. Would be a wonderful thing.
Well done Musa.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

waka-man wrote:I’d love to see more of our top pros do this at the end of their careers.
Musa has played at the highest levels and just his presence will bring a degree of professionalism to the domestic game.
Imagine a league that has Mikel, Ighalo, Musa, Ogu and Onazi in it. Would be a wonderful thing.
Well done Musa.
:D Is Onazi at the end of his career? :rotf:
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

A return to Kano could rejuvenate his career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYMf7CF ... XQ&index=2
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

makes sense. He's probably going there to get game time pending when europe opens up the transfer window.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:makes sense. He's probably going there to get game time pending when europe opens up the transfer window.
If he signs for them he could make them a lot of money (by their standards) when he gets transferred back out.
Smart move. Everyone wins. :thumb:
Was it Kano Pillars he played for before his first move abroad?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:makes sense. He's probably going there to get game time pending when europe opens up the transfer window.
If he signs for them he could make them a lot of money (by their standards) when he gets transferred back out.
I believe it was Pillars that he played for when he set the NPFL record for scoring at that time. His speed was incredible then. I think his first call up to the NT was while he was at Pillars.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Doesn't having to pay a transfer fee hurt his chances of finding a club in Europe? I would think being a free agent is actually better and he can just join an NPFL team on a training basis. And also as a free agent he can make a move at anytime and doesn't have to wait for the transfer window to open. It just seems like there is no interest...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I hope he gets a club in Europe. I believe he is doing it to keep his fitness levels and match fitness in good condition. He'll be away in no time. I am a big fan of Musa. Naija need Musa to wire Argentina with more goals at the World Cup - A Musa specialty!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Isn’t a transfer to China/Saudi/Turkey what players like Musa do when faced with a timing-related glitch?

This looks pretty bleak
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Doesn't having to pay a transfer fee hurt his chances of finding a club in Europe? I would think being a free agent is actually better and he can just join an NPFL team on a training basis. And also as a free agent he can make a move at anytime and doesn't have to wait for the transfer window to open. It just seems like there is no interest...
I'm sure he would have an agreement with pillars and that he can leave without a transfer fee. They could workmout a form of "loan" arrangement
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Kano Pillars says the club will welcome Super Eagles Captain, Ahmed Musa, if he chooses to join the club. The club, however, denied speculations that Musa has signed a short-term contract with the club, where he began his career as a professional player before moving to Europe.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Indeed. Good move for him, KP, and the NPFL. I hope a star like him coming home will increase interest in the NPFL, and that the league becomes an MLS like late career alternative for more of Nigeria's European based players.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The greatest Nigerian WC player signs for a local team. He is too good to stay at Kano Pillars for long but I think he sets a good precedent for other players returning to play at home after their careers end
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

YUJAM wrote:The greatest Nigerian WC player signs for a local team. He is too good to stay at Kano Pillars for long but I think he sets a good precedent for other players returning to play at home after their careers end
He may be the highest profile player to return to the local league in recent times but he is by no means the first or only foreign based SE to do so. Juwon Oshaniwa plays for Akwa United and Dele Aiyenugba plays for Kwara United, and before them a host of others including Yekini, Amokachi and Sani Kaita.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote:I’d love to see more of our top pros do this at the end of their careers.
Well done Musa.

I guess playing in backwater Russia and being a bench warmer at Leicester is "highest level."

**** has truly brought the loser mentality to Nigeria. Tufiakwa!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?