Seems Rohr has settled for Michel Olise as his No 10

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Seems Rohr has settled for Michel Olise as his No 10

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The way they hype trash on these forums nah real wah...now the daft excuse is the bobo is playing in the championship because he is 19. Mikel was starting for Chelsea at 19. KELE was at City. Osimhen was in Germany etc . The list goes on and on...All of a sudden the English championship produces wpoy....these so called best players are still in the championship and are ignored by the likes of Chelsea, City, Real and PSG.....but owngoal comes up with some fake stories and the maids of **** are running loose with the overseer in charge (I picked this word to mimic the character in Django)damunk leading the pack
Mechi onu, my friend!
We hyped Mikel, we hyped Kele and we hyped Osimhen long before they ever made it to the top five leagues. Go check the archives.

Not everybody lives your sad existence of negativity. We get excited. We have fun. :taunt:
You should try it some day.

Seems like you need serious help.
I think say na joke before... :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
1naija wrote:I have not seen him play, but I doubt he is better than Iwobi or Aribo. If he has the talent he can add depth to the team, but that's it! There is no Nigeria player currently out there that will make the SE significantly better than it already is. Let's stop the hype.

This is no hype!! Michael Olise is better than any attacking midfielder we currently have. No joke. It's clear you haven't watched him.

That's because I don't watch Championship football. If he was that better than the EPL and top league players we have he would not still be playing in the championship league.
Remember Jude Bellingham? He was playing for lowly Birmingham last season and now with Borussia Dortmund and has been fully capped by England. Olise is the next big thing from the championship. He just turned 19 last December. Very similar to Bellingham the top teams are after him. When i mean top teams i mean Bayern, Man Utd, Liverpool, Dortmund etc. not moi moi teams oo. If we cap him in our next matches, he will definitely be our highest profile player next season.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I watched this boy last week when Reading played Watford and the guy has serious potential. Extremely good football brain and confidence. Let’s see how he develops over the next couple of years.

But I won’t say he can just walk into the SE starting eleven just yet.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:The way they hype trash on these forums nah real wah...now the daft excuse is the bobo is playing in the championship because he is 19. Mikel was starting for Chelsea at 19. KELE was at City. Osimhen was in Germany etc . The list goes on and on...All of a sudden the English championship produces wpoy....these so called best players are still in the championship and are ignored by the likes of Chelsea, City, Real and PSG.....but owngoal comes up with some fake stories and the maids of **** are running loose with the overseer in charge (I picked this word to mimic the character in Django)damunk leading the pack
Mechi onu, my friend!
We hyped Mikel, we hyped Kele and we hyped Osimhen long before they ever made it to the top five leagues. Go check the archives.

Not everybody lives your sad existence of negativity. We get excited. We have fun. :taunt:
You should try it some day.

Seems like you need serious help.
I think say na joke before... :idea:
The players mentioned above all had one thing in common, they all where going to play for Nigeria and although most of us want to see Olise given a chance for the Super Eagles it’s not certain in he will play for us, too many names have been floated from the English Championship only for the story to be proven wrong!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He’s a serious talent. How he’s put Ejaria in the shade this season is big.
But:
1. I don’t believe he’s committed to Nigeria. We heard the same about Abraham, Eze and so many others. In all honesty, with his trajectory, that would be an odd commitment to make at this stage in his career. He has time.
2. I would not start him for Nigeria even if he was committed. International football no be joke. Give the kid time.
Last edited by waka-man on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:He’s a serious talent. How he’s out Ejaria in the shade this season is big.
But:
1. I don’t believe he’s committed to Nigeria. We heard the same about Abraham, Eze and so many others. In all honesty, with his trajectory, that would be an odd commitment to make at this stage in his career. He has time.
2. I would not start him for Nigeria even if he was committed. International football no be joke. Give the kid time.
Correct. But the point is, if he's good enough, he's old enough.
For African football alone, its a steep learning curve even for seasoned professionals.
Let's just go all out to get him.
If we fail, at least the professional naysayers can claim victory. :D
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote:
waka-man wrote:He’s a serious talent. How he’s out Ejaria in the shade this season is big.
But:
For African football alone, its a steep learning curve even for seasoned professionals.
Fair. Samu was the same age when he broke in abs he’s now an experienced campaigner at a young age. Although playing in La Liga is several notches above the championship.

I guess my real nervousness is the NFF and fans clamouring for any one of Nigerian descent emerging. It’s an insult to established, committed players and could really lead to a poisoning of our game.

If the kid is Nigerian and sees himself as such he should declare it and then put himself into contention.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

waka-man wrote:
Damunk wrote:
But:
Fair. Samu was the same age when he broke in abs he’s now an experienced campaigner at a young age. Although playing in La Liga is several notches above the championship.

I guess my real nervousness is the NFF and fans clamouring for any one of Nigerian descent emerging. It’s an insult to established, committed players and could really lead to a poisoning of our game.

If the kid is Nigerian and sees himself as such he should declare it and then put himself into contention.
Trust me, if we pull this one off, it will be one of the biggests coup if not the biggest for our team. We know about Lookman, Eze, Tammy etc, but this boys potential is through the roof. If we succeed in capping him, we should just forget about Eze in particular, i'll be glad for England to have him. Also our only real contender is France not England.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

When he was placed on standby the last this was due to the fact that he had no naija passport, hence on standby. I don't think Rohr would have agreed to place him on standby if he hasn't committed yet. So something must have been going on behind the scenes. But we will have to wait until he actually plays (or at least accept an invitation and turn up with other invited players)!!!

Cheers
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Next wrote:When he was placed on standby the last this was due to the fact that he had no naija passport, hence on standby. I don't think Rohr would have agreed to place him on standby if he hasn't committed yet. So something must have been going on behind the scenes. But we will have to wait until he actually plays (or at least accept an invitation and turn up with other invited players)!!!

Cheers
You're right.
I've been looking for every conceivable reason they would have put him on the standby list without his commitment and apart from sheer stupidity on a mega level, I couldn't find any.

My fear is that the French/English can still 'turn his head' as they say in football, and from the Iwobi experience, they will put a lot of pressure on the young lad to change his mind.

Fingers crossed sha.
I know the naysayers go laugh me taya if it doesn't work out but will secretly laugh even more if it does. :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__m_lc4N4hI[/video]

the hype nah wah..he was a passenger in this game. This was just a few weeks ago. he was abused by Saar( Ekong made the right move to Watford) He will be in the EPL next season . Olise looks like a feather player...I don't know if bobo can survive the African physical play
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

the championship is actually quite a physical league, but African ball is still something else. The likes of Joe Aribo are still trying to fully adjust. Olise will be appreciated more when we play the likes of Argentina or Croatia in a world cup compared to a Benin or Cameroon for AFCON.

I pray this move comes off.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

I was able to see Olise/Ejaria myself against Watford who are Premiership quality in the champo and will likely be promoted back.

Definitely confident players and skillful too; decision making needs a lot of work tho plus physically they are still filling out.

While Olise was the more influential and created one clear cut chance during the game with his skill on the ball and eye for a pass; I don't think he's senior international level (yet) for ANY team whether FRANCE/ENGLAND/NIGERIA.

Someone mentioned Bellingham who made the transition from Birmingham to Dortmund and Champs Lge football; if this kid can do that and excel like Bellingham then yes for sure but he's not there yet....note Bellingham played some U21 games for England after joining Dortmund where he was clearly better than his peers
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:I have not seen him play, but I doubt he is better than Iwobi or Aribo. If he has the talent he can add depth to the team, but that's it! There is no Nigeria player currently out there that will make the SE significantly better than it already is. Let's stop the hype.
Oya, take this small teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtveg62XJk[/video]
Nice youtube compilation. But I don't see anyone kwaking him like the Cameroonian and bad belle Ghananese players will do him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.