Seems Rohr has settled for Michel Olise as his No 10

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Seems Rohr has settled for Michel Olise as his No 10

Post by Tobi17 »

Not to be taken with a bag of salt of course been that the source is from Owngoalnigeria, but if there's anything credibility to the report, then it reveals that Michel Olise has actually accepted to play for Nigeria over France (maybe he's smart enough to know it's wiser choosing senior international football with a good shot at playing in the world cup with Nigeria) over France who might just stick him in their youth team indefinitely. So we might be seeing Olise in the world cup qualifiers this June playing that #10 position... I believe the missing pieces left in that midfield in terms of players are a creative player who can play in that CAM position (Olise and/or Ejaria) should hopefully solve that conundrum, a capable back up for Ndidi (Nwakali IMHO is that player, it also helps he can effectively play the deep lying playmaker role as he has the creativity to boot), and perhaps one more box to box CM to complement Aribo and Etebo... and we are set in the midfield.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Seems Rohr has settled for Michel Olise as his No 10

Post by 1naija »

I have not seen him play, but I doubt he is better than Iwobi or Aribo. If he has the talent he can add depth to the team, but that's it! There is no Nigeria player currently out there that will make the SE significantly better than it already is. Let's stop the hype.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:I have not seen him play, but I doubt he is better than Iwobi or Aribo. If he has the talent he can add depth to the team, but that's it! There is no Nigeria player currently out there that will make the SE significantly better than it already is. Let's stop the hype.
At the highlighted, that much is clear and it's more than enough.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote:I have not seen him play, but I doubt he is better than Iwobi or Aribo. If he has the talent he can add depth to the team, but that's it! There is no Nigeria player currently out there that will make the SE significantly better than it already is. Let's stop the hype.

This is no hype!! Michael Olise is better than any attacking midfielder we currently have. No joke. It's clear you haven't watched him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:Not to be taken with a bag of salt of course been that the source is from Owngoalnigeria, but if there's anything credibility to the report, then it reveals that Michel Olise has actually accepted to play for Nigeria over France (maybe he's smart enough to know it's wiser choosing senior international football with a good shot at playing in the world cup with Nigeria) over France who might just stick him in their youth team indefinitely. So we might be seeing Olise in the world cup qualifiers this June playing that #10 position... I believe the missing pieces left in that midfield in terms of players are a creative player who can play in that CAM position (Olise and/or Ejaria) should hopefully solve that conundrum, a capable back up for Ndidi (Nwakali IMHO is that player, it also helps he can effectively play the deep lying playmaker role as he has the creativity to boot), and perhaps one more box to box CM to complement Aribo and Etebo... and we are set in the midfield.
I no know how Nwakali go be backup to Ndidi, maybe can compliment him but a lazy player like Nwakali needs an Ndidi to do the donkey work for him...

But let’s see Oh-lease accept our invite first...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Adisboy wrote:

This is no hype!! Michael Olise is better than any attacking midfielder we currently have. No joke. It's clear you haven't watched him.
He’s good but he currently plays in the Championship,I remember when Eze was the best thing ever at QPR and now he’s .....? And Tami Abrahamar was smashing in goals for fun in the Championship and now he’s slowed down dramatically.If Olise is that good the real test will be him being decisive with his loyalty to Nigeria when a Premier League club courts him before June!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Adisboy wrote:

That's because I don't watch Championship football. If he was that better than the EPL and top league players we have he would not still be playing in the championship league.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He's only 19. Several promising young players spend time in the Championship and go on to establish themselves in the premiership.
1naija wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

That's because I don't watch Championship football. If he was that better than the EPL and top league players we have he would not still be playing in the championship league.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Not to be taken with a bag of salt of course been that the source is from Owngoalnigeria, but if there's anything credibility to the report, then it reveals that Michel Olise has actually accepted to play for Nigeria over France (maybe he's smart enough to know it's wiser choosing senior international football with a good shot at playing in the world cup with Nigeria) over France who might just stick him in their youth team indefinitely. So we might be seeing Olise in the world cup qualifiers this June playing that #10 position... I believe the missing pieces left in that midfield in terms of players are a creative player who can play in that CAM position (Olise and/or Ejaria) should hopefully solve that conundrum, a capable back up for Ndidi (Nwakali IMHO is that player, it also helps he can effectively play the deep lying playmaker role as he has the creativity to boot), and perhaps one more box to box CM to complement Aribo and Etebo... and we are set in the midfield.
Is your post triggered by a new source of info or is it a continuation of the discussion from owngoal's two previous reports?
I ask bcos I'm really trying hard to manage my expectations and if I fail to do so and it turns out to be all an owngoal hoax, YOU ARE DEAD!!!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I would refrain from using owngoal as a sause. Its almost as if you are getting info from Kongi. Not a good idea.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

Chief, he just turned nineteen and this is his first full 'breakout" season.
And na real age so he wasn't playing for 11 years under Eko bridge. :taunt:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This is very exciting news!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Olise is the best Nigerian attacking midfielder today by a country mile and the best u21 AM in the world. This boy is the real deal.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

And youtube videos?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

I am not doubting his talent. I am just disagreeing with those that are automatically saying he is better than a player like Iwobi that started through similar youth football and rose to playing top league football at Arsenal and now at Everton. We have several examples of players that excelled at lower division but could not make it at top flight. I will pick Iwobi over him until he can prove he is better through direct competition.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If he plays for us, then Rohr pulled a coup. Olise is very talented.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

SO suddenly everybody watches the Championship?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote:SO suddenly everybody watches the Championship?
In America, we think everything starts and ends with us.
Now understand where we got it from.

Left for Damunk and co, the entire line up would be made up of English players.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
1naija wrote:SO suddenly everybody watches the Championship?
In America, we think everything starts and ends with us.
Now understand where we got it from.

Left for Damunk and co, the entire line up would be made up of English players.
If you have a problem with dual citizenship, you can troway your Nigerian passport. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Oya, take this small teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtveg62XJk[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

I am not doubting his talent. I am just disagreeing with those that are automatically saying he is better than a player like Iwobi that started through similar youth football and rose to playing top league football at Arsenal and now at Everton. We have several examples of players that excelled at lower division but could not make it at top flight. I will pick Iwobi over him until he can prove he is better through direct competition.
No-one knew Olise when he was playing youth football.
Its what he is doing now at Reading that is exiting not just Nigerians, but Premier league clubs.

Granted, The Championship is second tier but his trajectory is looking phenomenal.
No be you dey say our leaders nor get long term vision?
Well, this is potentially the next generation Mikel (before Mourinho converted him to a 'sidewayser') with a JJ feature as standard.

And by the way, don't write off Eze just yet. Many top flight players take a whole season to get their groove back once they enter the Premiership.
Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp are good examples. Many more.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

1naija wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

See negativity! The boy is 19, has the most assists in the championship (10) and also scores a lot! On top of that, he is hunted by at least 4 top premiership clubs! For his age, that is a great achievement.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The way they hype trash on these forums nah real wah...now the daft excuse is the bobo is playing in the championship because he is 19. Mikel was starting for Chelsea at 19. KELE was at City. Osimhen was in Germany etc . The list goes on and on...All of a sudden the English championship produces wpoy....these so called best players are still in the championship and are ignored by the likes of Chelsea, City, Real and PSG.....but owngoal comes up with some fake stories and the maids of **** are running loose with the overseer in charge (I picked this word to mimic the character in Django)damunk leading the pack
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved