Akpoguma shines in comeback game but goes off injured

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Akpoguma shines in comeback game but goes off injured

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles fullback Akpoguma shines in comeback game for Hoffenheim but goes off injured

Super Eagles fullback Kevin Akpoguma helped TSG Hoffenheim keep a clean sheet in his first match after recovering from injury as they were held to a goalless draw by Bayer Leverkusen at the PreZero Arena on Monday night.

Deployed as a center back, the former Germany U20 skipper put in a solid 88 minute shift before making way for Havard Nordtveit.

Manager Sebastian Hoeneß opting to replace Akpoguma in the closing minutes wasn't a time-wasting tactic but an injury-enforced substitution as the Nigerian defender was injured in a duel with Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Wendell.

Before the visit of Bayer Leverkusen, Akpoguma had not played for Hoffenheim's first team since January 2, 2021.

The 25-year-old missed fifteen matches in all competitions due to the hamstring injury he sustained against SC Freiburg and was left out of the Nigeria squad for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches with the Republic of Benin and Lesotho.

Akpoguma stepped up his fitness by playing two games for Hoffenheim II in the Regionalliga Südwest at the back end of last month.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=39562
Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: Akpoguma shines in comeback game but goes off injured

Post by Robotnik »

I really don't know how it's reported that he plays well for his club because the last 2 times I saw him play for Nigeria his performance was not good.

Of course Rohr played him as a RB.
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Akpoguma shines in comeback game but goes off injured

Post by gochino »

Robotnik wrote:I really don't know how it's reported that he plays well for his club because the last 2 times I saw him play for Nigeria his performance was not good.

Of course Rohr played him as a RB.
Kai! Nigerians can complain about everything.