Kanu was something else

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Kanu was something else

Post by kalani JR »

the rock wrote:
kalani JR wrote:As nice as his highlights were he's still the most overrated Super Eagle of all time.
there needs to be an IQ test before giving folks internet access cause if not you get statements like this one :roll:
Again name something he did in the Super Eagles jersey that was so special, the only memory I have is the penalty vs. Tunisia in 2006 (when he was reluctant). He went to nine competitions with the team and never scored once. Yakubu who everyone attacks for missing against Korea was a far more effective player for Nigeria, even Martins, whose impact sometimes felt minimal and I was largely disappointed, by was too.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

One of my all-time faves. Incredible player.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

He played in a team full to the brim of footballing legends:

Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Henry, Fabregas, Viera, Campbell, Cole, Pires, Lehmann, Silva, Wiltord, Seamnan

And yet his star shined through bright and clear in a mist of stars.
He is Nigeria's most talented footballer in my opinion. Yes JJ had skill abundance, but Kanu was something different.
For his size, his ability to have the ball stick to his leg in traffic and his eye for goal,...yes Papillo was amazing.

I wonder when Nigeria will produce another footballer on his level again.
Last edited by charlie on Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

kalani JR wrote:
the rock wrote:
kalani JR wrote:As nice as his highlights were he's still the most overrated Super Eagle of all time.
there needs to be an IQ test before giving folks internet access cause if not you get statements like this one :roll:
Again name something he did in the Super Eagles jersey that was so special, the only memory I have is the penalty vs. Tunisia in 2006 (when he was reluctant). He went to nine competitions with the team and never scored once. Yakubu who everyone attacks for missing against Korea was a far more effective player for Nigeria, even Martins, whose impact sometimes felt minimal and I was largely disappointed, by was too.
You are exposing your ignorance.
Kanu helped us win Africa's first olympic gold medal, scoring a historic first ever golden goal in competitive football scoring 2 vital goals to lift us against Brazil enroute to a final and a rendevous with destiny,

Go and watch the semi final against Brazil again, then we fit talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_aZsL ... l=Olympics[/video]
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

fledy wrote:Incredible footballer! Super talented.
Screw Wenger
I’m no fan of Wenger but don’t forget where Kanu’s career
Was at the time he was brought to Arsenal by Coach Wenger.
It’s not all a one way street sir.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

charlie wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
the rock wrote:
You are exposing your ignorance.
Kanu helped us win Africa's first olympic gold medal, scoring a historic first ever golden goal in competitive football scoring 2 vital goals to lift us against Brazil enroute to a final and a rendevous with destiny,

Go and watch the semi final against Brazil again, then we fit talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_aZsL ... l=Olympics[/video]
I said Super Eagles not U-23.