Osimhen vows to help the woman selling water on the streets

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Osimhen vows to help the woman selling water on the streets

Post by Jmal »

Osimhen vows to help the woman selling water on the streets of Lagos
By Football Italia staff
https://www.football-italia.net/169123/ ... eets-lagos
Napoli forward Victor Osimhen contacted the woman who sells water on the streets of Lagos. ‘It hurts me to see you like this, I’m here to help you’.

Osimhen was moved by an image of the Nigerian woman without a leg, forced to sell water in the streets of Lagos.

He saw Mary Daniel’s tired face, with a basin on her head full of bottles and a shirt saying ‘no pain, no gain’.

Osimhen started searching for the lady, asking for support on social media: “Help me find this woman.”

Just 24 hours later, the Nigeria international and Mary Daniel spoke on a video call.

“Hi, I’m happy to have found you. How are you? I know it’s not easy,” Osimhen said, according to Calciomercato.com. “I have been on the street too; it hurts too much to see you.

“I broke my back, today I feel better and I’m here to help you.”

Mary Daniel smiled and thanked Osimhen, who promised he will help her and scheduled a meeting when he returns for his holidays.
tedder89
Egg
Egg
Re: Osimhen vows to help the woman selling water on the stre

Post by tedder89 »

I pray he keeps his promise

He can make a real long term difference by setting up a foundation to do charitable works and send kids to school
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

tedder89 wrote:I pray he keeps his promise

He can make a real long term difference by setting up a foundation to do charitable works and send kids to school
I'm sure he will keep his promise and help her.
He seems very passionate about whatever he does.
He is probably already doing the same for many more.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Damunk wrote:

He has . Last I saw the story 14m had been raised for her.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:

He is giving back. He was once on the street like that lady and there were those who helped him. I remember reading stories about people who bought a pair of boots for him and gave him money to attend tryouts etc. It is really a good gesture to give back as he has done.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Unfortunately there are millions of people like that woman on the streets of Nigeria.

Great gesture by Osinhen but he'll be more effective setting up a charitable foundation to screen surely multiple requests he is destined to receive.

Cmoke
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The Lagos State government "adopted" her on Monday...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =735776012
Lagos State Government, on Monday, said that it has taken over the welfare of Mary Daniel, the 26-year-old homeless amputee and single mother, whose tragic story trended on social media platforms over the weekend.

Speaking on the intervention of the State Government, the Special Adviser to the State Governor on Civic Engagement, Princess Aderemi Adebowale, stated that the move became necessary in order to protect the physically challenged woman from abuse and risk.

According to the Special Adviser, Daniel, an indigene of Ayingba, Kogi State, who just moved to Lagos two weeks ago, hawked table water in traffic in Oshodi to earn a living, is now in temporary protective custody pending when further plans would be concluded by the government to get her an apartment and also empower her.

Adebowale said, “The case of Mary (Daniel) was brought to my attention by the Managing Director, Lagos State Lotteries Board and two politicians from Oshodi who expressed concern about her safety as some kind-hearted individuals have started sending money to her account to assist her”.

She explained that after her interaction with Daniel, it was agreed that the present administration should take over the case to ensure her personal safety, hence the involvement of the State Government.

Princess Adebowale promised to personally look over her as a guardian and make sure that she is properly settled in Lagos, saying “We will make sure she becomes a responsible citizen in the State”.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, she's received over N14 million in donations from the public...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL