Why I Returned to Kano Pillars -- Ahmed Musa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why I Returned to Kano Pillars -- Ahmed Musa

Post by Enugu II »

NPFL: Why I returned to Kano Pillars – Musa
April 14, 2021 Editorial IV Sports 0
https://www.blueprint.ng/npfl-why-i-ret ... lars-musa/

Super Eagles skipper Ahmed Musa has disclosed why he decided to rejoin his former club Kano Pillars.

The Sai Maisugida club has also confirmed that the Kano state governor Umar Ganduje will unveil Ahmed Musa before the second stanza of the Nigeria Professional Football League, the club tweeted on Wednesday.

On Tuesday Kano Pillars confirmed that Musa has rejoined them having signed a deal until the end of the season.

Musa’s agreement includes a clause that allows him to leave when and if he can find a club in Europe.

He joins as an Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) elite player with the aim of boosting their image as well as helping Musa maintain his fitness as he continues his search for a European club.
The 28-year-old, who is a free agent since leaving Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr in October, had received offers from England, Russia and Turkey.

Speaking on the move, the former Leicester, CSKA forward told BBC Sport Africa, “Anything that improves the image of Nigerian football is something that I strive to embark on and Kano Pillars holds a special place in my heart.

“It’s the team that helped me become the professional footballer I am today, so this is more than just football but a very strong bond.”

During his first spell with Pillars, Musa scored 18 goals to finish as top scorer in the 2009/10 NPFL season.

Musa made his 96th appearance for Nigeria in their 3-0 win over Lesotho in Lagos in the Super Eagles final Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Teslim Balogun Stadium.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why I Returned to Kano Pillars -- Ahmed Musa

Post by Damunk »

This is very commendable.
Even his detractors cannot but applaud this.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:This is very commendable.
Oga, abeg. You believe that??

I like Musa and will always be thankful to him for those 4 World Cup goals, but this is desperation
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:
Oga, abeg. You believe that??

I like Musa and will always be thankful to him for those 4 World Cup goals, but this is desperation
Kindly explain.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

He's just saying what everyone's wants to hear eventhough he's been a free agent since October and the league kicked off in December. It's still good for the league he can get back in shape, it shouldn't be another Michael Uchebo case.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Watch me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sh11t player couldnt find a club, so returns to Kano with his tail tucked between his legs. Dude is fooking finished at any level and yet continues to get selected to the national team because our coach is a ba5t4rd who clearly has something personal with the player. SMH! Disgusting!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...wish he never left CSKA for golden fleece in the epl.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

What's the real reason Musa can't get a club in Europe? Is he being picky with contract demands? This Pillars move is a head scratcher.

If he can do this, what's stopping Ogu?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ugbowo wrote:What's the real reason Musa can't get a club in Europe? Is he being picky with contract demands? This Pillars move is a head scratcher.

Its a win win for both parties. KP get a high profile player to raise the profile of the team. Musa on the other hands, gets the opportunity to stay fit and relevant in the SE while his agent continues to shop around for a new club.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote:What's the real reason Musa can't get a club in Europe? Is he being picky with contract demands? This Pillars move is a head scratcher.

Ugbowo,

It is actually not a head scratcher. Here is the deal......

Musa has not found a club in Europe or Asia with the contract that he feels that he can still get. There are rumored offers but Musa has not, as far as I know, confirmed any of the rumored offers. I sense he is reticent doing so because of recent fall throughs with other reported offers.

Musa was ready to sit it out and train on his own as I understand it until a favorable offers comes through.

However, the NPFL which has had a plan to have major names play for selected clubs when such players are available thought Musa fit the bill. Recall the case with Yekini at the end of Yekini's Europe contract. I believe something like that may have been tried with Graba Lawal but I am now uncertain. Dele Aiyenugba is currently the starting goalkeeper at Kwara United, as you know. I had hoped the same agreement may be reached with John Ogu who I believe is currently in Nigeria.

In any case, the NPFL with the help of the Kano State Governor and a few other prominent personalities were able to persuade Musa to give it a try and play for Pillars under such arrangement. Think of the kind of arrangement in the MLS where clubs are allowed to sign such allocated players (see Wayne Rooney, etc). Musa was eventually okay with it as long as he is free to move whenever he is able to reach an agreement with a club in Europe or Asia. In essence, he is a FREE AGENT or at best a day-to-day player for Pillars with no encumbrances if an offer that he likes came on the table. That is the deal.

I suspect that this arrangement is also appealing to Musa because it keeps him on track to equal and surpass the appearance record for the Super Eagles (currently held by Vincent Enyeama at 101) which is well within Musa's reach with less than 6 or 7 games to play. Moreover, it keeps Musa fit and makes it much easier for Rohr to keep him in the SE fold which both Musa and Rohr want. Musa needs it for obvious reasons as explained above. As for Rohr, my understanding is that he values Musa's leadership on the team behind the scenes and in camp.

Just food for thought.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk is a big time dreamer
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

It's because of his dumb decision to move to Saudi Arabia after the world cup, when his market value was at its highest. Who even advised him on that?? To make matters worse he was benched in the crap league and let go. Why should any credible team buy him? Watch this space Musa will still captain Nigeria at the Anc and if we qualify for the World cup,that's how dumb our coach is.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:Damunk is a big time dreamer
Better than living a life full of nightmares and negativity don't you think? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

CSKA wanted Musa back in the January transfer window but he chose to go for the West Bromwich Albion deal which did not materialise. So that put paid to CSKA's interest. Musa's stock is still high in Russia and I believe he will get a deal from the bigger teams in the summer.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

All these 'angry black men' venting their beef for Rohr left and right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought we were trying to raise the profile and quality of our local league?
No? :roll:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:

It's because of his dumb decision to move to Saudi Arabia after the world cup, when his market value was at its highest. Who even advised him on that?? To make matters worse he was benched in the crap league and let go. Why should any credible team buy him? Watch this space Musa will still captain Nigeria at the Anc and if we qualify for the World cup,that's how dumb our coach is.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Musa our Captain.

You will lead us in the WC.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

NPFL: Rohr Backs Ahmed Musa Kano Pillars Move
Published 22 hours ago on April 15, 2021 By Taiwo Ibrahim

By Taiwo Ibrahim:
https://sportivation.com.ng/2021/04/15/ ... lars-move/

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has backed Ahmed Musa’s move to Nigeria Professional Football League outfit, Kano Pillars, Sportivation.com.ng can report.

The 28-year-old Super Eagles captain rejoined his boyhood club, Kano Pillars on a short-term deal until the end of the season on Monday.

Musa has been without a club since leaving Al Nassr in October 2020 on mutual consent.

“I am very happy for Ahmed Musa to be able to play again with his old club of Kano Pillars,” Rohr said.

“This will allow him to keep in shape while waiting to find a club elsewhere in the world.”

“Kano Pillars are a good club and I wish him all the best at the club.”

Ahmed Musa will be unveiled by Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje before the start of the league second stanza.

The former Leicester City star revealed the reason behind his return to Kano Pillars.

“Anything that improves the image of Nigerian football is something that I strive to embark on and Kano Pillars holds a special place in my heart,” the former Leicester City player told BBC Sport Africa as he considered the deal.

“It’s the team that helped me become the professional footballer I am today, so this is more than just football but a very strong bond.”

Musa started his professional career at Kano Pillars before joining VVV Venlo in 2010 after winning the NPFL top scorer award in the same year.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Up Rorh!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II wrote:
NPFL: Rohr Backs Ahmed Musa Kano Pillars Move
Published 22 hours ago on April 15, 2021 By Taiwo Ibrahim

By Taiwo Ibrahim:
https://sportivation.com.ng/2021/04/15/ ... lars-move/

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has backed Ahmed Musa’s move to Nigeria Professional Football League outfit, Kano Pillars, Sportivation.com.ng can report.

The 28-year-old Super Eagles captain rejoined his boyhood club, Kano Pillars on a short-term deal until the end of the season on Monday.

Musa has been without a club since leaving Al Nassr in October 2020 on mutual consent.

“I am very happy for Ahmed Musa to be able to play again with his old club of Kano Pillars,” Rohr said.

“This will allow him to keep in shape while waiting to find a club elsewhere in the world.”

“Kano Pillars are a good club and I wish him all the best at the club.”

Ahmed Musa will be unveiled by Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje before the start of the league second stanza.

The former Leicester City star revealed the reason behind his return to Kano Pillars.

“Anything that improves the image of Nigerian football is something that I strive to embark on and Kano Pillars holds a special place in my heart,” the former Leicester City player told BBC Sport Africa as he considered the deal.

Musa started his professional career at Kano Pillars before joining VVV Venlo in 2010 after winning the NPFL top scorer award in the same year.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!