Olise, Ejaria v Cardiff

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Olise, Ejaria v Cardiff

Post by 1naija »

His passes are crisp, but so far I have not seen the youtube clip type moves we've been bombarderd with of late.
Last edited by 1naija on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Gosh, this is diabolically bad football.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

waka-man wrote:Gosh, this is diabolically bad football.
It's not Champions League final is it?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the hype train for these championship level players get as e be :boo: :boo: :boo:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
waka-man wrote:Gosh, this is diabolically bad football.
It's not Champions League final is it?
At all, at all.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

They are talented players but not NT level yet. Hopefully we get them and they fulfill on their talent at some point. But just a lot of poor decision making which but the talent is there and hopefully over time they will improve.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

maceo4 wrote:They are talented players but not NT level yet. Hopefully we get them and they fulfill on their talent at some point. But just a lot of poor decision making which but the talent is there and hopefully over time they will improve.
Yep. We need to keep looking. Nothing to trouble Iwobi here. They’re still young so maybe one day.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Both teams are neck n neck in the battle for the last playoff spot. It was always going to be a cagey name, if there was a team they couldn't afford to lose to it was each other.
Thought Olise had a decent game though not spectacular, the boy has what it takes.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

none of those players are better than Hope Akpan, and now that tells yall something . una remember former SE Hope Akpan

SuperEagles

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hope Akpan. One of Keshi's criminal invites.
Bigpokey24 wrote:none of those players are better than Hope Akpan, and now that tells yall something . una remember former SE Hope Akpan

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

olu wrote:Hope Akpan. One of Keshi's criminal invites.
Bigpokey24 wrote:none of those players are better than Hope Akpan, and now that tells yall something . una remember former SE Hope Akpan

SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I have high hopes for Olise.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:They are talented players but not NT level yet. Hopefully we get them and they fulfill on their talent at some point. But just a lot of poor decision making which but the talent is there and hopefully over time they will improve.
Ejaria is in the top ten ranked players in the championship by whoscored.

He's definitely NT level. I mean you have junks playing in Cyprus called up to our midfield, and the midfield is thin as is.

Poor decision making is something you can say for most of our players to be honest, and you will judge a player by one game ?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We need to see him at the top level, the talent is there. Who would have thought Zaidu Sanusi would blow like has last season? Sometimes playing with elite players brings the best out of them.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:We need to see him at the top level, the talent is there. Who would have thought Zaidu Sanusi would blow like has last season? Sometimes playing with elite players brings the best out of them.
Exactly, if they have it within them.
Thanks to the constant noise by vancty, I'm also really keen to see Alhassan Yusuf at a higher level.
Another very promising midfielder.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:

He's definitely NT level. I mean you have junks playing in Cyprus called up to our midfield, and the midfield is thin as is.

Poor decision making is something you can say for most of our players to be honest, and you will judge a player by one game ?
The Cyprus one has NT and tournament experience. But I dont mind if they are invited, just be ready to deal with poor decision making, likes of which you were using to vex and abuse Iwuala.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

The Cyprus one has NT and tournament experience. But I dont mind if they are invited, just be ready to deal with poor decision making, likes of which you were using to vex and abuse Iwuala.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na so e dey be. :)
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Saw the game vs Cardiff, Ovie Ejaria is average at best, just happens to play in country and league where he can develop. He is not better than any of the SE players in 23 who are his competitors. But he is a player thats just good to have. However he is viewed as a winger/ Strike wing FW, bar injuries to others, he would struggle to break into the SE 23-30 man tournament squad.
afc##
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chuks69 wrote:Saw the game vs Cardiff, Ovie Ejaria is average at best, just happens to play in country and league where he can develop. He is not better than any of the SE players in 23 who are his competitors. But he is a player thats just good to have. However he is viewed as a winger/ Strike wing FW, bar injuries to others, he would struggle to break into the SE 23-30 man tournament squad.
That's good.
They all know the score.
Nobody is guaranteed a place in the team or squad and so should it be.
Making yourself eligible for marriage no mean to say you go find husband or wife. :idea:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

who was vexing and abusing Iwuala ?

the only reason I brought up his poor decision making was because many people were hyping him as the second comming of Finidi George based on a few minutes of play, where all he did was make mistakes.

My views on Iwuala are inconclusive. He needs to prove himself on a much bigger stage.

Ovie Ejaria is a top 10 rated player in the Championship, he is also the Championships top dribbler you cannot argue those facts. Iwuala has a ways to go to be on that level.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

chuks69 wrote:Saw the game vs Cardiff, Ovie Ejaria is average at best, just happens to play in country and league where he can develop. He is not better than any of the SE players in 23 who are his competitors. But he is a player thats just good to have. However he is viewed as a winger/ Strike wing FW, bar injuries to others, he would struggle to break into the SE 23-30 man tournament squad.

LOL so you make these conclusions based on one game ?

I admit both Ejaria and Olise were below par in this game, but have you watched them much before ?

Ejaria will easily walk into a SE 23 man squad talk less of 30.

Unless of course Rohr does not want a balanced squad with midfielders and just picks defenders and strikers.

Ejaria can play AM or CM.

At AM it is debatable if Iwobi is even better than him, but at the very least he would be Iwobi's deputy and at CM we currently have Aribo and Etebo.

Etebo kills Ejaria if you want workrate, hustle and tackling, but Ejaria trumps in terms of dribbling, passing, decision making, even shooting.

When you compare Ejaria to Aribo they are both top 10 rated players in their respective leagues. Aribo ranked #3 in Scotland while Ejaria is #11 in the championship, however I rate the championship much better than the weak Scotish league.

Both of them are the top dribblers in their respective leagues. Ejaria has the edge in key passes while Aribo has the edge in tackles.

Ejaria has 3 goals and 5 assists while Aribo has 7 goals and 4 assists, Aribo has played only about 2/3 the minutes of Ejaria, but again plays in a much weaker league while also playing for the best team, so that will boost his stats.

I cannot conclusively say who is better between Ejaria or Aribo. I would have to see Ejaria in GWG, but my guess would be this when comparing our current CM's with Ejaria

Speed: 1) Etebo 2) Ejaria 3) Aribo
Technique: 1) Ejaria 2) Aribo 3) Etebo
Dribbling: 1) Ejaria 2) Aribo 3) Etebo
Passing: 1) Ejaria 2) Aribo 3) Etebo
Tackling: 1) Etebo 2) Aribo 3) Ejaria
Scoring: 1) Aribo 2) Ejaria 3) Etebo
Stamina: 1) Etebo 2) Aribo 3) Ejaria
Muscle: 1) Etebo 2) Aribo 3) Ejaria

The fact Ejaria can play AM or CM is a plus, and Rohr likes players who can play multiple positions, in fact Ejaria can even be deployed on the wings, so that is 3 positions. He would easily make our squad, and even looking at the last list, you could drop Shehu for him. You would still have DM covered with Ndidi, AJayi or even Etebo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

who was vexing and abusing Iwuala ?

the only reason I brought up his poor decision making was because many people were hyping him as the second comming of Finidi George based on a few minutes of play, where all he did was make mistakes.

My views on Iwuala are inconclusive. He needs to prove himself on a much bigger stage.

Ovie Ejaria is a top 10 rated player in the Championship, he is also the Championships top dribbler you cannot argue those facts. Iwuala has a ways to go to be on that level.
But a proper NT shouldn’t be counting on second division players. There’s a reason he hasn’t been able to make it in the big leagues so far. Like I said bring them in, but we all know you will be the first abusing them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!