Getting Aribo playing as well as Anguissa is key for us

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Getting Aribo playing as well as Anguissa is key for us

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

For Nigeria to win the Nations Cup and get to the semis of Qatar 2022, Joe Aribo has to put in consistent André Anguissa performances

Ayo Akinfe

(1) As we all know, football matches are won and lost in midfield

(2) Like every other team, our Super Eagles have thrived when they have had good midfields

(3) As things stand, our best two midfielders are the anchorman Wilfred Ndidi and the box-to-box midfielder Joe Aribo. They get augmented by the playmaker Alex Iwobi and the two full backs

(4) For me, Ndidi is among the top 10 anchormen in the world. If we want to win the Nations Cup and get to the semi finals of Qatar 2022, we need Aribo operating at that level too

(5) It would help if we had a top class playmaker like Ebere Eze but even if we do, we still need a man who can dominate the area between both penalty areas

(6) I am a big fan of Anguissa as he keeps hold of the ball, goes past opponents, fights off challenges and has the pace to initiate counter-attacks

(7) When you add his range of passing to his game, you will realise that Anguissa is not too far behind Paul Pogba as a complete midfielder

(8) Now, can we rely on Aribo to keep the ball for us in midfield against top class opposition?

(9) Can Aribo up his game or do we need to look for a more qualitative midfielder?

(10) Originally, I was hoping that Kelechi Nwakali would be our midfield generalissimo but alas, the young man has been given a second chance too many. I thought he would do a Jesse Lingard at lowly Huesca but alas, he could not even make their starting line-up.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Getting Aribo playing as well as Anguissa is key for us

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:For Nigeria to win the Nations Cup and get to the semis of Qatar 2022, Joe Aribo has to put in consistent André Anguissa performances

Ayo Akinfe

(2) Like every other team, our Super Eagles have thrived when they have had good midfields

(3) As things stand, our best two midfielders are the anchorman Wilfred Ndidi and the box-to-box midfielder Joe Aribo. They get augmented by the playmaker Alex Iwobi and the two full backs

(4) For me, Ndidi is among the top 10 anchormen in the world. If we want to win the Nations Cup and get to the semi finals of Qatar 2022, we need Aribo operating at that level too

(5) It would help if we had a top class playmaker like Ebere Eze but even if we do, we still need a man who can dominate the area between both penalty areas

(6) I am a big fan of Anguissa as he keeps hold of the ball, goes past opponents, fights off challenges and has the pace to initiate counter-attacks

(7) When you add his range of passing to his game, you will realise that Anguissa is not too far behind Paul Pogba as a complete midfielder

(8) Now, can we rely on Aribo to keep the ball for us in midfield against top class opposition?

(9) Can Aribo up his game or do we need to look for a more qualitative midfielder?

(10) Originally, I was hoping that Kelechi Nwakali would be our midfield generalissimo but alas, the young man has been given a second chance too many. I thought he would do a Jesse Lingard at lowly Huesca but alas, he could not even make their starting line-up.
He was MOTM in today's Scottish cup match against Celtic.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:For Nigeria to win the Nations Cup and get to the semis of Qatar 2022, Joe Aribo has to put in consistent André Anguissa performances

Ayo Akinfe

We will not be meeting teams like Celtic at Qatar 2022. Can Aribo hold his own against say Paul Pogba, Declan Rice or Kalvin Phillips?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Anguissa has been inconsistent this season, he was benched for a month before starting the last couple games. Btw, on what basis is Eze a world class midfielder?
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:

Ayo Akinfe

I watched some of the second half and dude was balling, but not in CM he was right wing or right midfield.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Anguissa has been inconsistent this season, he was benched for a month before starting the last couple games. Btw, on what basis is Eze a world class midfielder?
If Eze ever was a world class footballer would he have played for England’s first team against San Marino or for their U21 team?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Anguissa has been inconsistent this season, he was benched for a month before starting the last couple games. Btw, on what basis is Eze a world class midfielder?
If Eze ever was a world class footballer would he have played for England’s first team against San Marino or for their U21 team?
He's not world class - yet, but potentially he could be.
Most players take a season or two to get used to the topflight of english football. I'm not sure the same applies in Europe.
Right now, he has a bunch of creative midfielders ahead of him in England and so his chances there are remote.

I was reading a comment by Ronaldhino recently. He said at PSG he had tried to discourage JJ from going to England "because they don't appreciate skillful players there" like they do in Europe.
Eze might be a victim of that and might do well to look to the continent. After all he is still only 22.

In fact Iwobi might benefit from a similar move.
Isaac Success was thriving in Spain but seems to have two left feet in England.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo, you sabi say your buddy Nowa Omogui passed on recently? my condolences
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Ayo, you sabi say your buddy Nowa Omogui passed on recently? my condolences
I did not know. Eh yaa.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Ayo, you sabi say your buddy Nowa Omogui passed on recently? my condolences
Really? Whoa?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley