Tai Sodje rejects England call up. Wants to play for SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Tai Sodje rejects England call up. Wants to play for SE

Post by naijaguy »

His uncles must have told him how difficult it is to switch if he decides to play for England at the youth stages.
Good one.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
GG of G
Egg
Egg
Re: Tai Sodje rejects England call up. Wants to play for SE

Post by GG of G »

naijaguy wrote:His uncles must have told him how difficult it is to switch if he decides to play for England at the youth stages.
Good one.
:clap: :clap: :clap: this are the type nff should focus their monitoring on
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

GG of G wrote:
naijaguy wrote:His uncles must have told him how difficult it is to switch if he decides to play for England at the youth stages.
Good one.
But when they actually go for these kind of young players, the whingers will come out and crucify them for focussing on "4th division players".
Meanwhile, they go after older players and they are guilty of courting ''rejects''.
:? :? :?
Anyway, whatever, he still has to be good enough.
He hasn't been fully tested yet.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

These are the kids we need to keep an eye out for. The ones they dont need to beg to answer our nations call!

:clap: :clap:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

hmm.. maybe this was the plan all along. We invite the Uncle, who is a very very poor footballer, in hope of infiltrating the family for future world beaters. Makes sense! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

danfo driver wrote:hmm.. maybe this was the plan all along. We invite the Uncle, who is a very very poor footballer, in hope of infiltrating the family for future world beaters. Makes sense! :clap:
You don kolo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
GG of G wrote:
Good one.
But when they actually go for these kind of young players, the whingers will come out and crucify them for focussing on "4th division players".
Meanwhile, they go after older players and they are guilty of courting ''rejects''.

Damunk,

I doubt that it will be the case. However, Nigeria should go for him to play for the national youth teams. The problem is when the NFF invites a guy directly to the SE when he is not, at the time, deserving of such call up. That has been the issue as I understand it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
GG of G wrote:
Good one.

Damunk,

I doubt that it will be the case. However, Nigeria should go for him to play for the national youth teams. The problem is when the NFF invites a guy directly to the SE when he is not, at the time, deserving of such call up. That has been the issue as I understand it.
Prof, I agree. Though my personal preference is for all invitees to the national youth teams to be locally-developed players.
However that has changed, esp at the U20 level.

In exceptional circumstances, such as a clearly exceptional talent being at risk of being snapped up by another country or where there is a clear shortage of options, then I wouldn't disagree with a very young player being invited by the full national team.
Maduka Okoye was one such player.
I believe Michael Olise is another.

As for this guy, I have no idea how good he is but like I've been predicting for years, England and the rest of Europe is going to have a very hard time keeping hold of the young Nigerian talent bursting at the seams of their soccer academies.
Prof, the numbers are frightening.

The story has only just begun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
GG of G wrote:
Good one.

Damunk,

Prof, I agree. Though my personal preference is for all invitees to the national youth teams to be locally-developed players.
However that has changed, esp at the U20 level.

In exceptional circumstances, such as a clearly exceptional talent being at risk of being snapped up by another country or where there is a clear shortage of options, then I wouldn't disagree with a very young player being invited by the full national team.
Maduka Okoye was one such player.
I believe Michael Olise is another.

As for this guy, I have no idea how good he is but like I've been predicting for years, England and the rest of Europe is going to have a very hard time keeping hold of the young Nigerian talent bursting at the seams of their soccer academies.
Prof, the numbers are frightening.

The story has only just begun.
KPOM. I think access at that level may give us a lead over Europe NTs in securing top talent before everyone is convinced of that talent. This may be a strategically advantageous move given that the European countries may have a leg up on us when the talent is eventually blossomed.

If we make this strategic shift, here is what will happen: (1) we have leg up on top level talent that develop late instead of being second-choice to such talent as is the case now, (2) if such talent does not blossom, we do not have to force the talent on the full NT, (3) We will be the ones signing FIFA papers to agree on player being available to European countries at Full NT, if necessary, rather than being the ones waiting for European FAs to sign.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Is there any real source for this?
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

kalani JR wrote:Is there any real source for this?
Former Super Eagles defender Sam Sodje has spoken highly of 17-year-old Manchester City striker Tai Sodje after the player turned down the chance to play for the U-19 side of England, AOIFootball.com reports.

Speaking exclusively to AOIFootball.com, the 2002 Korea/Japan world cup defender stated that he was happy the player is getting much attention at his young age, and that his decision to turn down the chance to play for England was more personal and now hopes he can continue the trend of the Sodje family to play for Nigeria one day.

“About my nephew Tai, it’s is true that he got invited to play for England U-19 and he turned it down; it’s nothing personal, it’s more of his decision. I spoke to him and I think he did the right thing by turning them down.

“I am so proud of him, he is my Godson and I am so close to him but I think with his uncles having played for Nigeria in the past may have influenced; we grew up in Nigeria and he did not, and he has never visited Nigeria but I was planning to bring him for the last AFCON game but he made his decision already because he feels more Nigerian than English,” Sodje said.

He further revealed that Tai is such an exceptional player that will definitely be more famous than him and Efe, whilst also hoping that the player gets plenty of support when the time comes to finally play for Nigeria.

“He is doing so well for himself and I am confident he will be a very big player and I think he is going to be the best player to ever come out of the Sodje family because he plays so well and score goals. Hopefully, when that time comes he would get the support to play for Nigeria in the future,” Sodje concluded.

The Manchester City striker has scored an incredible 25 goals from 18 games this season for the City U-18 side whilst also adding 4 assists, with his form drawing plenty of attention across the English

https://aoifootball.com/2021/04/21/excl ... sam-sodje/
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Sam Sodje no go Korea/Japan

Na Efe Sodje go.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D

naijaguy wrote:
Former Super Eagles defender Sam Sodje has spoken highly of 17-year-old Manchester City striker Tai Sodje after the player turned down the chance to play for the U-19 side of England, AOIFootball.com reports.

Speaking exclusively to AOIFootball.com, the 2002 Korea/Japan world cup defender stated that he was happy the player is getting much attention at his young age, and that his decision to turn down the chance to play for England was more personal and now hopes he can continue the trend of the Sodje family to play for Nigeria one day.

“About my nephew Tai, it’s is true that he got invited to play for England U-19 and he turned it down; it’s nothing personal, it’s more of his decision. I spoke to him and I think he did the right thing by turning them down.

“I am so proud of him, he is my Godson and I am so close to him but I think with his uncles having played for Nigeria in the past may have influenced; we grew up in Nigeria and he did not, and he has never visited Nigeria but I was planning to bring him for the last AFCON game but he made his decision already because he feels more Nigerian than English,” Sodje said.

He further revealed that Tai is such an exceptional player that will definitely be more famous than him and Efe, whilst also hoping that the player gets plenty of support when the time comes to finally play for Nigeria.

“He is doing so well for himself and I am confident he will be a very big player and I think he is going to be the best player to ever come out of the Sodje family because he plays so well and score goals. Hopefully, when that time comes he would get the support to play for Nigeria in the future,” Sodje concluded.

The Manchester City striker has scored an incredible 25 goals from 18 games this season for the City U-18 side whilst also adding 4 assists, with his form drawing plenty of attention across the English

https://aoifootball.com/2021/04/21/excl ... sam-sodje/
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

He has surrounded himself with good guardians meanwhile Sidney Sam is still waiting for his German call up after 5 games.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Not everyone is a sellout like you. He is a Sodje. They love their fatherland.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:

Do you believe the elder Sodjes would have played for Nigeria had they been recruited by England? Ameobi was flashed the thong of the U21s and held out until his career was winding down, truly the only blemish on the great life and career of Stephen Keshi.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Taking Ameobi to world cup blemish?
Old boy, ask yourself why Westerhoff took the same almost finished Keshi to WC 94

And why Onigbinde took Headmaster to Korea/Japan

Teams need veteran leaders in the locker room.

Go back and watch Amoebi's SE matches prior to W/C, you will Amoebi at the sidelines apparently sharing his observation with Keshi.

I also say saw Keshi's respect for Amoebi during the W/C proper in the match we won 1-0, where poor Amoebi ran up and down warming up, and both Keshi and his assistant appeared to apologize to Amoebi for not fielding him

kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Do you believe the elder Sodjes would have played for Nigeria had they been recruited by England? Ameobi was flashed the thong of the U21s and held out until his career was winding down, truly the only blemish on the great life and career of Stephen Keshi.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cmoke wrote:Taking Ameobi to world cup blemish?
Old boy, ask yourself why Westerhoff took the same almost finished Keshi to WC 94

And why Onigbinde took Headmaster to Korea/Japan

Teams need veteran leaders in the locker room.

Go back and watch Amoebi's SE matches prior to W/C, you will Amoebi at the sidelines apparently sharing his observation with Keshi.

I also say saw Keshi's respect for Amoebi during the W/C proper in the match we won 1-0, where poor Amoebi ran up and down warming up, and both Keshi and his assistant appeared to apologize to Amoebi for not fielding him

kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Yes comparing longtime national servants to the equivalent of a draft dodger. Taking Adepoju was the only good thing Pa Oni did after the federation dismantled the team and kicked out all our experienced players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
GG of G wrote:
Good one.

Damunk,

EII, you know how resistant overseas based players are to the idea of representing Nigeria in youth competitions so, that might present a problem. I think one viable solution is to cap him once with the understanding that he’ll be needed for youth competitions❗️

Cheers.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Lolly wrote:
danfo driver wrote:hmm.. maybe this was the plan all along. We invite the Uncle, who is a very very poor footballer, in hope of infiltrating the family for future world beaters. Makes sense! :clap:
siiiiiince!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Lolly wrote:
siiiiiince!

Very long term planning. Up NFF!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: