Danjuma: I 'need to think' about international switch

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Danjuma: I 'need to think' about international switch

Post by iworo »

Danjuma says he will 'need to think' about international switch with reported interest from Nigeria
By Dan Rose @EchosportDan

FLYING Cherries winger Arnaut Danjuma insisted he would have to think about his international allegiance, with Nigeria reportedly ready to swoop for his services.

The 24-year-old has represented the Netherlands twice at senior level, having played in a UEFA Nations League game against Germany as well as scoring in a friendly against Belgium.

A new rule approved by FIFA in September means players can switch nations, if they have played no more than three competitive games prior to them turning 21.

The Sun last month claimed Danjuma would be able to represent Nigeria. Danjuma was born in Lagos to a Dutch father and Nigerian mother.

And the Cherries forward revealed the Super Eagles may be “interested” if he continues to be overlooked by Holland.

He said: “I’ve heard some bits about Nigeria but I can’t say too much about it though.

“My mum is Nigerian and my father lived 23 years in Nigeria as well.

“The culture is still within the family, so it’s not disregard for the Nigerian side. It’s a choice I will think about but I need some time, obviously.

“I think they are interested but obviously I play for the Dutch national team already, I scored for the national team already, so I’ve made that decision.

“With the choice, I would like to represent Holland as well but then again I’m not being called up at the moment.

“So on the back of that, maybe I need to make some decisions.

“I’ve played for Holland at senior level. One cap in the Nations League and one against Belgium but that wasn’t an official match. They have changed the rules so, if you have one cap, you can still change.

“It isn’t a decision I can make just in a split second. I need to think about it.

“To be fair the club is the most important thing for me at the moment.

“I just want to make sure the club gets back into the Premier League and whatever happens with the national team that’s secondary to me to be honest.”

After scoring against Bristol City for Cherries back in October, Danjuma told the Daily Echo: “In my opinion, I’m one of the best strikers of Holland."

He further staked his claim to get in Frank de Boer’s squad by firing past Dutch stopper Tim Krul into the top corner in Saturday’s 3-1 win at Norwich.

Giving his thoughts on the situation, Cherries boss Jonathan Woodgate said: “For me, he should be in the Dutch squad but I don’t pick their squad. For me, he’d be in it because he’s that type of player that I like working with.

“The form he’s in at the minute – he can do what he wants because he’s starting to learn the defensive side of the game.

“That’s important for wingers these days. If you watch the top wingers in the world – look at (Sadio) Mane at Liverpool, how hard he works going back and forth and gets goals. Arnie is doing that.

“When your team is struggling. They’ve got their backs to the wall and it’s a 0-0 game – Arnie will just produce something out of nothing.

“He’s learning and he’s listening when you speak to him. That’s the most important thing.

“When you are giving people advice on what you want them to do, he listens, he wants to get better, so I’m pleased for him.”

Danjuma has netted 14 times in 32 games for Cherries this campaign.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... t-nigeria/
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Danjuma: I 'need to think' about international switch

Post by iworo »

This guy should go to hell :oops:. You can't have your cake and eat it (too).
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Unfortunately, if at 24 he is still undecided, he will never be decided till his opportunities for a meaningful international career runs out.
Nigeria did court him in the past, but that scenario has changed and I believe he is surplus to Nigeria's requirements as there are a lot more younger, potentially better striking options in the Nigerian stable right now.
Wish him all the very best in his quest to become an Oranje.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We have better players. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

A championship level player dey carry us do option, we don suffer sha :lol:
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

iworo wrote:This guy should go to hell :oops:. You can't have your cake and eat it (too).
Actually, and with no reference to Danjuma,
you can have your cake and eat it (too). That is why the right expression is: "You can't eat your cake and have it."

Because literally, once you have eaten your cake, you don't have it!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Polly wrote:
iworo wrote:This guy should go to hell :oops:. You can't have your cake and eat it (too).
you can have your cake and eat it (too). That is why the right expression is: "You can't eat your cake and have it."

Yes you can if offered another cake after you've eaten yours.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote:Unfortunately, if at 24 he is still undecided, he will never be decided till his opportunities for a meaningful international career runs out.
Nigeria did court him in the past, but that scenario has changed and I believe he is surplus to Nigeria's requirements as there are a lot more younger, potentially better striking options in the Nigerian stable right now.
There are younger options that are better.
There are older options that are better.
And none of the options are still "thinking about it".
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

He was red hot for Brugges a few years back and opted for Netherlands. To be fair, having a Nigerian last name does not make you Nigerian at all - if he feels he connects more with Netherlands then he should continue to work hard till he gets a chance to represent them.

1 goal in every 2 games (as his ratio stands now) is not to be dismissed even though he's doing this in the championship as a winger. He's doing well and would probably get a recall to the Dutch squad, however I don't think he is mentally fully with Nigeria to serious be a SE candidate - either by his own machinations or ours.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Polly wrote:

:rotf: Have you seen the film “Lord of war”? Nicholas Cage’s character keeps on trying to correct the war lord even after he shouts I’m a lord of war holding an AK!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Update: Having watched the Norwich match, kid can actually play and MAY be a decent addition to the SE, especially in the AM role. Wishing him all the best in his decision making process regarding his international future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrCVnKkK04[/video]
Otitokoro wrote:Unfortunately, if at 24 he is still undecided, he will never be decided till his opportunities for a meaningful international career runs out.
Last edited by Otitokoro on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

World cup is coming and agents are doing their jobs......
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If they haven't began the switch process before WCQ is finished. We no want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Otitokoro wrote:Update: Having watched the Norwich match, kid can actually play and MAY be a decent addition to the SE, especially in the AM role. Wishing him all the best in his decision making process regarding his international future.
Ireland has him on lockdown at the moment. Their senior team manager is already looking at him.

A lot needs to happen for us to get him.

1) Ireland don't cap him during the qualifiers
2) They fail to qualify
3) We qualify and offer him a spot.

There is the slight possibility that he turns Ireland down and declares for us right now, and starts the switch, but that will be tough. All of his life including Junior and Senior football has been in Ireland and England.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

truetalk wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Update: Having watched the Norwich match, kid can actually play and MAY be a decent addition to the SE, especially in the AM role. Wishing him all the best in his decision making process regarding his international future.
Ireland has him on lockdown at the moment. Their senior team manager is already looking at him.

A lot needs to happen for us to get him.

1) Ireland don't cap him during the qualifiers
2) They fail to qualify
3) We qualify and offer him a spot.

There is the slight possibility that he turns Ireland down and declares for us right now, and starts the switch, but that will be tough. All of his life including Junior and Senior football has been in Ireland and England.
Only a fool will pick Ireland over Nigeria, at least we stand a chance to winning of silverware any time soon, and have considerably more high profile players than Ireland ...Ireland can only dream of such feat.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

So you want to marry a girl who says she will marry you if her first choice no propose?

Cmoke
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

Stop begging these half Oyibos. We have gotten this inferior mentality.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

LeonPhelps wrote:Stop begging these half Oyibos. We have gotten this inferior mentality.
I think you are the one that has a serious complex.
Let's see if you are man enough to say this to the numerous mixed race members of this forum, or those that have mixed race children.
Very stupid comment.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cmoke wrote:So you want to marry a girl who says she will marry you if her first choice no propose?

Cmoke
In Pinnick´s world... every good and perfect thing comes from abroad.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:
LeonPhelps wrote:Stop begging these half Oyibos. We have gotten this inferior mentality.
Let's see if you are man enough to say this to the numerous mixed race members of this forum, or those that have mixed race children.
Very stupid comment.
Lef am before I tear am with slap
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Very stupid comment.
why do you get so offended with such? are you a swirler ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote:Danjuma says he will 'need to think' about international switch with reported interest from Nigeria
By Dan Rose @EchosportDan

FLYING Cherries winger Arnaut Danjuma insisted he would have to think about his international allegiance, with Nigeria reportedly ready to swoop for his services.

The 24-year-old has represented the Netherlands twice at senior level, having played in a UEFA Nations League game against Germany as well as scoring in a friendly against Belgium.

A new rule approved by FIFA in September means players can switch nations, if they have played no more than three competitive games prior to them turning 21.

The Sun last month claimed Danjuma would be able to represent Nigeria. Danjuma was born in Lagos to a Dutch father and Nigerian mother.

And the Cherries forward revealed the Super Eagles may be “interested” if he continues to be overlooked by Holland.

He said: “I’ve heard some bits about Nigeria but I can’t say too much about it though.

“My mum is Nigerian and my father lived 23 years in Nigeria as well.

“The culture is still within the family, so it’s not disregard for the Nigerian side. It’s a choice I will think about but I need some time, obviously.

“I think they are interested but obviously I play for the Dutch national team already, I scored for the national team already, so I’ve made that decision.

“With the choice, I would like to represent Holland as well but then again I’m not being called up at the moment.

“So on the back of that, maybe I need to make some decisions.

“I’ve played for Holland at senior level. One cap in the Nations League and one against Belgium but that wasn’t an official match. They have changed the rules so, if you have one cap, you can still change.

“It isn’t a decision I can make just in a split second. I need to think about it.

“To be fair the club is the most important thing for me at the moment.

“I just want to make sure the club gets back into the Premier League and whatever happens with the national team that’s secondary to me to be honest.”

After scoring against Bristol City for Cherries back in October, Danjuma told the Daily Echo: “In my opinion, I’m one of the best strikers of Holland."

He further staked his claim to get in Frank de Boer’s squad by firing past Dutch stopper Tim Krul into the top corner in Saturday’s 3-1 win at Norwich.

Giving his thoughts on the situation, Cherries boss Jonathan Woodgate said: “For me, he should be in the Dutch squad but I don’t pick their squad. For me, he’d be in it because he’s that type of player that I like working with.

“The form he’s in at the minute – he can do what he wants because he’s starting to learn the defensive side of the game.

“That’s important for wingers these days. If you watch the top wingers in the world – look at (Sadio) Mane at Liverpool, how hard he works going back and forth and gets goals. Arnie is doing that.

“When your team is struggling. They’ve got their backs to the wall and it’s a 0-0 game – Arnie will just produce something out of nothing.

“He’s learning and he’s listening when you speak to him. That’s the most important thing.

“When you are giving people advice on what you want them to do, he listens, he wants to get better, so I’m pleased for him.”

Danjuma has netted 14 times in 32 games for Cherries this campaign.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... t-nigeria/

It is all fun and dandy.

Competition is good and all. But, is he good enough or is the qualification that he plays in the abroad?

Would you trust **** to use him accurately or get the best out of him?

NB. I have sought for permission from the anti **** brigade to denote the Pensioner managing the Eagles.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Very stupid comment.
why do you get so offended with such? are you a swirler ?
:roll: You don't have a problem with someone 'using style' to throw shade at mixed race people?
I get offended at any form of prejudice, from all angles.
You don't?
Your famed 'critical thinking' skills are letting you down again. :idea: