Iwobi highlights the difference between Nigeria & England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Iwobi highlights the difference between Nigeria & England

Post by iworo »

'A bit weird' - Everton winger Iwobi highlights the difference between Nigeria and England

Everton winger Alex Iwobi has confessed that he didn't take it seriously when he was first called up to the Nigeria national team because the invitation letter was not professionally written.

The Hale End Academy graduate racked up eleven appearances in total for England's U16, U17 and U18 teams before switching his allegiance to his country of birth in 2015.

Though Iwobi was raised in England, he was quickly able to adapt to the Nigeria set-up as his two uncles Austin and Emmanuel Okocha previously turned out for the Super Eagles.

Speaking to Nedum Onuoha's podcast, Iwobi said :"When I first got the invitation, compared to how England used to give our invitations, this seemed like it's a joke.

"I'm lucky enough to obviously have an uncle that played so he already knew how the system worked.

"When they showed me the invitation, I said is this true, this is a bit weird, it doesn't seem official.

"The organisation between Nigeria and England is very, very different".

The 24-year-old Iwobi is five games away from a reaching half a century of caps for the Super Eagles, less than six years after his senior debut.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=39631
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi highlights the difference between Nigeria & Englan

Post by ANC »

What a shame
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

That's how we roll in Nigeria. No structure, organization and planning for anything. Just fire brigade approach. Can you imagine? A 20yr old wondering if his nff invite is real because it was done in an unprofessional manner.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

No wonder the NFF cannot convince some foreign born players!
I am happy
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

iworo wrote:'A bit weird' - Everton winger Iwobi highlights the difference between Nigeria and England

Everton winger Alex Iwobi has confessed that he didn't take it seriously when he was first called up to the Nigeria national team because the invitation letter was not professionally written.

The Hale End Academy graduate racked up eleven appearances in total for England's U16, U17 and U18 teams before switching his allegiance to his country of birth in 2015.

Though Iwobi was raised in England, he was quickly able to adapt to the Nigeria set-up as his two uncles Austin and Emmanuel Okocha previously turned out for the Super Eagles.

Speaking to Nedum Onuoha's podcast, Iwobi said :"When I first got the invitation, compared to how England used to give our invitations, this seemed like it's a joke.

"I'm lucky enough to obviously have an uncle that played so he already knew how the system worked.

"When they showed me the invitation, I said is this true, this is a bit weird, it doesn't seem official.

"The organisation between Nigeria and England is very, very different".

The 24-year-old Iwobi is five games away from a reaching half a century of caps for the Super Eagles, less than six years after his senior debut.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=39631

NOT SURPRISING, BECAUSE...

...Nigeria is a country where they seem to locate the international standards then intentionally settle for a few notches below. The people don't demand excellence and those in charge don't provide it. They can complain about lack of funds all they want but what does it take to deliver a serious looking invitation? Who knows how many potential players have been lost as a result shambolic attitude to things?
Bell
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...shambolism is nothing new in Nigeria. They probably typed the invite on a carbon paper circa the 1970s style, or sent one of those fat faced agents based in Europe.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mcal wrote:...shambolism is nothing new in Nigeria. They probably typed the invite on a carbon paper circa the 1970s style, or sent one of those fat faced agents based in Europe.
:rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

there are so much i want to say towards iworo, however i won't because dude is so sensitive, he has so many hidden agendas behind this thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:there are so much i want to say towards iworo, however i won't because dude is so sensitive, he has so many hidden agendas behind this thread
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Look who's talking about having an agenda!
Whatever it is, it cant be worse than your publicly stated agenda for SE failure all because of your hatred for Rohr the coach.

Oya, deny it make we hear. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:No wonder the NFF cannot convince some foreign born players!
If you think that is the only reason then I have a BILLION DOLLARS to give you. It isn't that simplistic.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:That's how we roll in Nigeria. No structure, organization and planning for anything. Just fire brigade approach. Can you imagine? A 20yr old wondering if his nff invite is real because it was done in an unprofessional manner.
That's what is supposed to happen when unprofessional people manage professional organizations. The difference is always very clear to many
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:That's how we roll in Nigeria. No structure, organization and planning for anything. Just fire brigade approach. Can you imagine? A 20yr old wondering if his nff invite is real because it was done in an unprofessional manner.
That's what is supposed to happen when unprofessional people manage professional organizations. The difference is always very clear to many
You see here is the problem i have with you. You are just complaining , why can't you come up with a solution so this can be fixed. You complained they complained , everyone is complaining , why don't you stop complaining and then fix or come up with ideas
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Here's an idea: send a professional invitation.

Here's another: up skill those responsible for official communication between the NFF and players; create a professional environment and motivated workforce, etc.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

The YeyeMan wrote:Here's an idea: send a professional invitation.

Here's another: up skill those responsible for official communication between the NFF and players; create a professional environment and motivated workforce, etc.
Like with a few things in Nigeria, the lack of professionalism is actually intentional to ensure certain things are more feasible (more “unaccountable”) :D and we are not going to change that just because we are being called out :taunt: