Rohr on Ighalo's recall

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Rohr on Ighalo's recall

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr on Ighalo's recall

Post by jette1 »

Ighalo remains on top of the food chain of our world class strikers
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If Ighalo returns then Musa must go!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I understand/ can see where Rohr is coming from; Victor or Kelechi cannot smell the movement ability of Igalo in the box (they need to work to get to that level esp Vic). There's a reason why Solkajier went for Ighalo. Man Untd was looking for Cavani-like box skills and razor thin "timed movement" against the offside trap...Ighalo was the cheaper version of Cavani but the attributes United was looking for in both are the same (with Cavani being better at it). I'm a big fan of Kelechi and i'm still observing victor.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

he is not a coach.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Some sanity needed here. Are you guys kidding me...
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

icee wrote:I understand/ can see where Rohr is coming from; Victor or Kelechi cannot smell the movement ability of Igalo in the box (they need to work to get to that level esp Vic). There's a reason why Solkajier went for Ighalo. Man Untd was looking for Cavani-like box skills and razor thin "timed movement" against the offside trap...Ighalo was the cheaper version of Cavani but the attributes United was looking for in both are the same (with Cavani being better at it). I'm a big fan of Kelechi and i'm still observing victor.
Which movement?? :rotf: Ighalo is static like a tree. Bunch of #$% kissers!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

gochino wrote:
icee wrote:I understand/ can see where Rohr is coming from; Victor or Kelechi cannot smell the movement ability of Igalo in the box (they need to work to get to that level esp Vic). There's a reason why Solkajier went for Ighalo. Man Untd was looking for Cavani-like box skills and razor thin "timed movement" against the offside trap...Ighalo was the cheaper version of Cavani but the attributes United was looking for in both are the same (with Cavani being better at it). I'm a big fan of Kelechi and i'm still observing victor.
Which movement?? :rotf: Ighalo is static like a tree. Bunch of #$% kissers!

You need penalty spot kick takers :biggrin:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ighalo is average even by our standards, he just wore a Man United jersey for a little over a year.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

This **** sef.

If the natives allow you to continue with this $#%, by all means, feed dem plenty of $#%.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Have yall noticed how the house boy in chief damunk is missing from this thread....dude avoids such threads :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Fashanu to Rohr: Don’t bring back Ighalo to Eagles

https://punchng.com/fashanu-to-rohr-don ... to-eagles/
Former Wimbledon star, John Fashanu, has frowned on the idea of bringing back former Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo, to the national team.

The 31-year-old forward announced his international retirement immediately after the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, where he finished top scorer, as the Eagles placed third at the continent’s top football showpiece.

Head coach Gernot Rohr, in a recent interview, hinted that Ighalo might return to the Eagles when the 2022 World Cup qualifiers begin next month. But Fashanu kicked against the ex-Manchester United striker’s return, saying outstanding younger strikers should be given the chance to lead the Eagles attack.

“Experience in football counts but we don’t want to do anything to upset the young boys or make them a little bit depressed,” Fashanu told The PUNCH.

“The only thing Ighalo has to offer to the national team is his experience, it is not his ability because there are players who are far better than him and we know that.

“If Rohr wants to bring him in because he stabilises the squad, it is fine. I remember when I was in my 30s and the manager kept bringing me back, it wasn’t because I was a great player but I gave the team confidence. And that might also be the reason why Rohr wants to bring him back but other than that his time is gone.

“Ighalo is in his 30s and in Nigeria we have fantastic prospects that are fighting to get that spot but not all of them can make the squad.

‘If you keep playing the older players it is at the detriment of the younger players. It is high time we start seeing 17, 18-year-old geniuses in the national team. “Where there is no talent the coach may consider bringing him back but there are so many talents and it would be very wrong to bring him back at this stage.”

Copyright PUNCH.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What is with Rohr and his illogical sense of loyalty. The guy seems incapable of letting the past go. Because Ighalo was top scorer last AFCON, and because Musa has 2 WC goals, he must forever punish us with their presence in SE.

Neither player has ANYTHING to offer us at this point going forward.

How can the man be thinking of Ighalo with all the hot strikers we have.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Ighalo could still be very useful for AFCON.. He may not be a starter, but he can still be part of the afcon team.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Purity wrote:Ighalo could still be very useful for AFCON.. He may not be a starter, but he can still be part of the afcon team.
At which striker's expense?
That's the question. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

If we're so desperate for experience we might as well call back Yakubu, Rohr is a clown honestly.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Purity wrote:Ighalo could still be very useful for AFCON.. He may not be a starter, but he can still be part of the afcon team.
Musa...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Musa...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

One experience guy for another. Surely we don't need both.

If that is the only option I will gladly replace Musa with Ighalo, but NEITHER should be there, and it would be madness to take them both.

Nigeria has the best strike force in the world right now, we don't need dead woods.

For crying out louf we have a guy at the top of the scoring charts in Italy who cannot even make our team and Rohr is considering guys playing in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia. What the hell man.

Sometimes I feel Rohr is too sentimental and doesn't have the guts to say NO or SORRY to certain people.

We have to move FORWARD.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

I don't think Rohr's issue is based on sentiments but rather on absolute foolery or ineptitude!
We are talking about Ighalo & Musa when we have borderline world class strikers at your disposal.
Something dey o!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Musa...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

One experience guy for another. Surely we don't need both.

If that is the only option I will gladly replace Musa with Ighalo, but NEITHER should be there, and it would be madness to take them both.

Nigeria has the best strike force in the world right now, we don't need dead woods.

For crying out louf we have a guy at the top of the scoring charts in Italy who cannot even make our team and Rohr is considering guys playing in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia. What the hell man.

Sometimes I feel Rohr is too sentimental and doesn't have the guts to say NO or SORRY to certain people.

We have to move FORWARD.
Guy abeg cool down!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I see Rohr's point. Ighalo has proven to be king in African qualifiers. He knows the terrain, he woudl deliver. If one or 2 of Kele, nacho and basketballer gets injured, who best to have as backup? Is it Moffi (im a shriner) or sadiq that would just start learning the ropes, learning how Rohr team plays, and learning african football?

secondly, i understand that Ighalo has a powerful influence in the dressing room. Everyone loves him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Musa...
Musa is not an option in the first place.
Like VC said, neither of them should be in a 23 man squad.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "