Nedum on ESPN: Possible lesson for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nedum on ESPN: Possible lesson for Nigeria

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:reading through this thread, not surprised that only one person who has no shame and will forever give his worthless life to the white man, will be supporting nedum. SMH
:rotf: :rotf:
It has long been established that you have identity issues.
Some white man must have inflicted trauma on you in a very wrong place.

E pele, daddy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Cristao II wrote:
Aswani wrote: Damunk,

Whilst the usual suspects are going overboard like scorned lovers, they do have a point.

Nedum, as did both Ugo Ehiogu and Jordan Ibe, had zero interest in playing for Naija so I don't think he is in a position to talk about conflicts of interest or letters not arriving.

It's like Abacha talking about the rule of law or Babangida about corruption or Obj about monogamy.

I have no issues with Nedum or the others choosing England over Naija as they were developed in their system not ours.

He does need to give this Naija or England debate a rest considering his choice (which he is allowed) as England or bust.
Chinedum Onuoha may have not chosen Nigeria. He is not debating it. He has stated some advice on how we can improve on catching them young.
Mr Onuoha's advice is on how we can attract dual nationality players, he was a dual nationality players that didn't want to be attracted.

It can't be HIM giving that kind of advice giving his history in that regard.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Aswani wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Aswani wrote: Damunk,

Whilst the usual suspects are going overboard like scorned lovers, they do have a point.

Nedum, as did both Ugo Ehiogu and Jordan Ibe, had zero interest in playing for Naija so I don't think he is in a position to talk about conflicts of interest or letters not arriving.

It's like Abacha talking about the rule of law or Babangida about corruption or Obj about monogamy.

I have no issues with Nedum or the others choosing England over Naija as they were developed in their system not ours.

He does need to give this Naija or England debate a rest considering his choice (which he is allowed) as England or bust.
Chinedum Onuoha may have not chosen Nigeria. He is not debating it. He has stated some advice on how we can improve on catching them young.
Mr Onuoha's advice is on how we can attract dual nationality players, he was a dual nationality players that didn't want to be attracted.

It can't be HIM giving that kind of advice giving his history in that regard.
I would think that would be a very good reason to listen to his views on how to actually get it right. No different from if he had accepted. Point is, he was in that position.

Nigerians just like to carry beef over nothing.
Trowaying baby and doti wata togedda.

Nigerian Politics 101 that we complain about incessantly. :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:reading through this thread, not surprised that only one person who has no shame and will forever give his worthless life to the white man, will be supporting nedum. SMH
:rotf: :rotf:
It has long been established that you have identity issues.
Some white man must have inflicted trauma on you in a very wrong place.

E pele, daddy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: See munkey dey try follow human being talk :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You really have time for these fellas.
Left to them, they'll gripe and whine about everything under the sun.

Onuoha is providing some valuable feedback, based on HIS experience and what he has seen over the years. Instead of taking that feedback into advisement, in order to better our 'scouting and capture' approach, they will rather *Nice Lady* about whether or not he turned Nigeria down. Is that relevant now?
Damunk wrote: Mr Onuoha's advice is on how we can attract dual nationality players, he was a dual nationality players that didn't want to be attracted.
I would think that would be a very good reason to listen to his views on how to actually get it right. No different from if he had accepted. Point is, he was in that position.

Nigerians just like to carry beef over nothing.
Trowaying baby and doti wata togedda.

Nigerian Politics 101 that we complain about incessantly. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How for do nah?
Teenagers craving attention.
Otitokoro wrote:You really have time for these fellas.
Left to them, they'll gripe and whine about everything under the sun.

Onuoha is providing some valuable feedback, based on HIS experience and what he has seen over the years. Instead of taking that feedback into advisement, in order to better our 'scouting and capture' approach, they will rather *Nice Lady* about whether or not he turned Nigeria down. Is that relevant now?
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Otitokoro wrote:You really have time for these fellas.
Onuoha is providing some valuable feedback, based on HIS experience
His experience is on not wanting to play for anyone but England under any circumstances, that is what he has to share.

Next thing you know Lars Lagerback would be advising prospective European managers on what areas they and their families can live in Naija. After all, he (and Berti I believe) have vast experience of being based in Europe during their managerial tenure.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Nedum never wanted to play for Nigeria. Why is he lying? 4 different SE coaches called him up but he kept holding out for an England callup that never came. Its his loss. We move.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

I really laff at those saying - "oh listen to his advise blah blah blah"! I hope in your real life you don't listen to "all" advice. Nedum has no freeness of speech or locus -standi to issue any advice on the subject matter. Now if that was Victor Moses, Reuben Agboola, Alex Iwobi and co, I will gather chair, turn off all distracting devices and listen for hours to their comment on the subject. It's like as commented earlier - listening to Abacha on Corruption. Pluuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeee
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

GG of G wrote:I really laff at those saying - "oh listen to his advise blah blah blah"! I hope in your real life you don't listen to "all" advice. Nedum has no freeness of speech or locus -standi to issue any advice on the subject matter. Now if that was Victor Moses, Reuben Agboola, Alex Iwobi and co, I will gather chair, turn off all distracting devices and listen for hours to their comment on the subject. It's like as commented earlier - listening to Abacha on Corruption. Pluuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeee
Sorry bro....but there is a school of thought that says "no knowledge is wasted".
There's another that says "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer"
Basically, you learn from both friends and 'enemies'.

If Hitler were alive today and decided to share his experiences and thinking with the world from behind prison bars, I bet you it would start a media frenzy the magnitude of which we've never seen before.

That's just the way it is but granted, we're all free to choose where and how we gather knowledge and wisdom. :idea:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
GG of G wrote:I really laff at those saying - "oh listen to his advise blah blah blah"! I hope in your real life you don't listen to "all" advice. Nedum has no freeness of speech or locus -standi to issue any advice on the subject matter. Now if that was Victor Moses, Reuben Agboola, Alex Iwobi and co, I will gather chair, turn off all distracting devices and listen for hours to their comment on the subject. It's like as commented earlier - listening to Abacha on Corruption. Pluuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeee
Sorry bro....but there is a school of thought that says "no knowledge is wasted".
There's another that says "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer"

If Hitler were alive today and decided to share his experiences and thinking with the world from behind prison bars, I bet you it would start a media frenzy the magnitude of which we've never seen before.

That's just the way it is but granted, we're all free to choose where and how we gather knowledge and wisdom. :idea:
The chap in question was invited and turned down the invitation.

The real question is: Are his suggestions practicable? My answer is no.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:

once in while, just hush :lol: :lol: :lol: you really are so slow kai... all of a sudden you begin talk about hitler... FACT NEdium is an opportunist and trying so hard to be relevant. Dude had zero interest in playing for Nigeria, he was invited by two different oyinbo managers, and he turned them down hoping to play for England . Nedium left Nigeria at the age of 7. Do you know how old Vic Moses and Alex Iwobi were when the left Naija? abeg once in while get outside the bubble and think . sometimes i wish we were all in a bar when you speak such , so we can laugh at you hard and embarrass the crap out of you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Damunk wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
jette1 wrote:What was his response when he eventually got invited or was he never formally invited ?
That bloke was invited multiple times and turned Nigeria down. We accepted that he was going to play for England and moved on. The fact that he has now chosen to spew inaccurate stories of how things progressed is a clear indicator that he regrets his choice.

He was making yanga...well thank goodness. He's not even a dot on the English football history, abeg carry go, Mr. Engulandduu :rotf:
See how we dey do for Nigeria. :rotf: :rotf:
He made a wider and far more important point which the OP identified and opened a thread on it but we are all focussed on Nedum's personal failings.
See beef. Over what? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
beef ke, damunk, i am just asking him to focus on the English national team and leave us Nigerians (and people that want to represent Nigeria) to address our football matter, period. Nedum as far as Nigerian football is concerned is only Nigerian in Name. HE should go and advice the Brits and keep his "concerns, opinions and lectures" about Naija to the confines of una gathering at una local Mamaput joint in Peckham.

He can shove his "wider point" right up his arse. Help me tell am say i mean it from the bottom of my heart :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:

The chap in question was invited and turned down the invitation.

The real question is: Are his suggestions practicable? My answer is no.
A matter of opinion bro.
You agree?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:A matter of opinion bro.
You agree?
I don´t agree with his suggestions, they are not practicable.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:A matter of opinion bro.
You agree?
I don't agree with his suggestions, they are not practicable.
So you agree its a matter of opinion which is what I was asking.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

10 years from now the likes of Tammy Abraham, Tomori and EZe will come out and tell ESPN that they wanted to play for Nigeria but the letter never came so they had to play for England...and the likes of Damunk and Cristao will justify their BS. These Borouh boys can all kick rocks. See how easy it was for the likes of Ebuehi, Okoye, Balogun, Osigwe, Dessers Ekong etc to play for Nigeria. No hassle no stress even tho they were born in countries where the language and culture is vastly different and the Nigerian population is way less but you have guys that grew up in London that has the largest diaspora of Nigerians and yet dem dey do shakara. Fuk these london guys.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:10 years from now the likes of Tammy Abraham, Tomori and EZe will come out and tell ESPN that they wanted to play for Nigeria but the letter never came so they had to play for England...and the likes of Damunk and Cristao will justify their BS. These Borouh boys can all kick rocks. See how easy it was for the likes of Ebuehi, Okoye, Balogun, Osigwe, Dessers Ekong etc to play for Nigeria. No hassle no stress even tho they were born in countries where the language and culture is vastly different and the Nigerian population is way less but you have guys that grew up in London that has the largest diaspora of Nigerians and yet dem dey do shakara. Fuk these london guys.
Didn't Balogun get begged by pato?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:10 years from now the likes of Tammy Abraham, Tomori and EZe will come out and tell ESPN that they wanted to play for Nigeria but the letter never came so they had to play for England...and the likes of Damunk and Cristao will justify their BS. These Borouh boys can all kick rocks. See how easy it was for the likes of Ebuehi, Okoye, Balogun, Osigwe, Dessers Ekong etc to play for Nigeria. No hassle no stress even tho they were born in countries where the language and culture is vastly different and the Nigerian population is way less but you have guys that grew up in London that has the largest diaspora of Nigerians and yet dem dey do shakara. Fuk these london guys.
Na only "London guys" dey do you. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Germans nko?
Don't let us even dig up bad memories of Nigerian born and bred players (now national team heroes) that did their own version of shakara for the SE. Yeah....let's forget all that. Na Jandon guys dey pinch una.

Onuoha don talk say him regret that decision.
Persin wey don retire finish, una still dey vex. Small time una go claim "no beef".
So who has a problem here?

Abeg, leave matta. But if you like, hold him mouth. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

As I said Nedium wants to get a gig like Efan Ekoku who is doing great things in football. The audacity to tell lies about no letter of invitation or approach by the NFF is shocking. Dude forgets the internet is alive. Today Tammy a d Tomori are what again?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Damunk wrote: Onuoha don talk say him regret that decision.
Persin wey don retire finish, una still dey vex. Small time una go claim "no beef".
So who has a problem here?

Abeg, leave matta. But if you like, hold him mouth. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Honestly Damunk,

Whether or not he regrets the decision is not relevant for this discussion IMHO.

I personally was admittedly disheartened that he and Ehiogu couldn't form a Naija central defensive partnership even after it was clear that England would only use them as a stop gap at best. They were holding out for being squad members in a team full of "world class" players that were going to win everything for the next 15 or so years (according to the English rags) and that is their right so good luck to them. We would have won at least 2 Nations Cups with those two at the back, easily as well, but that is neither here nor there anymore.

I am truly happy for him that he has made the most of the talent he had, and he was talented.

My own personal opinion is how can he talk about knowing what Naija can do to make dual nationality players chose us when there was no way on earth he was going to switch? Where did he get that knowledge from? If I was Eze or an upcoming player having to make that decision and he came to me and started trying to convince me, I would first ask why he didn't make the change before politely telling him to change the subject.

His case is like you going to LUTH today and advising final year students who have the opportunity to go to go to the UK to practise to stay in Naija. It just makes little sense.

Speaking for myself, I bear no bitterness towards the decisions he made in his career, I however think him giving advice to the NFF or whoever on how to convince folk to switch is a tad much. Let him leave that to the likes of Moses and Iwobi (bonafide potential England squad members) as someone said earlier.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I’m treading carefully here because this is an emotive issue.
But I think some people here are reacting without understanding
how many factors were at play before a player with multiple choices
on a national team faces.
The pressure comes from peers and managers within his club side, friends
and family, and even moreso now with an online community.
I feel for any lad who is caught up in that maelstrom.
Being a professional footballer is an amazing blessing but facing
choices like these guys is not a walk in the park.
I think the humane thing might be is to wish them the best and everyone move
on with their lives and support the Eagles.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Aswani wrote: Honestly Damunk,
Whether or not he regrets the decision is not relevant for this discussion IMHO.
I beg to disagree Aswani.
If I were an Eze or an Oliseh or Ejaria, my first question to him would be "why?"
Why do you regret it? What can I learn from your experience?

The only people his regrets are irrelevant to are the emotive fans and you can smell the beef on the forum. But that's okay.
But up and coming players? Onuoha's regrets are absolutely relevant.
Just my opinion.
I personally was admittedly disheartened that he and Ehiogu couldn't form a Naija central defensive partnership even after it was clear that England would only use them as a stop gap at best. They were holding out for being squad members in a team full of "world class" players that were going to win everything for the next 15 or so years (according to the English rags) and that is their right so good luck to them. We would have won at least 2 Nations Cups with those two at the back, easily as well, but that is neither here nor there anymore.
I was equally saddened, though more by the late Ehiogu than Onuoha because I wasn't totally convinced he was that good. I kind of saw him the way I see Semi Ajayi today -'decent' but we could do better.

But for me, I have always factored in the issues which Sleaky 72 above highlighted yet again. Those various and quite formidable forces at play when these young players find themselves in this kind of situation are way beyond what we the fans are ever willing or able to appreciate.
I am truly happy for him that he has made the most of the talent he had, and he was talented.
This should be everybody's default position, but it isnt. You can see for yourself how people feel about him. Thankfully their opinions and feelings don't matter. He is doing well for himself and fashioning a new media career. He was on ESPN TV again last night giving his analysis of the weekend's La Liga games.
My own personal opinion is how can he talk about knowing what Naija can do to make dual nationality players chose us when there was no way on earth he was going to switch? Where did he get that knowledge from? If I was Eze or an upcoming player having to make that decision and he came to me and started trying to convince me, I would first ask why he didn't make the change before politely telling him to change the subject.
But that was him. He doesn't speak for a generality. He might have now recognised that what he was thinking at the time was "immature" or "sort-sighted" or "naive" or even "stupid". Who knows? All we know is that he is older and wiser now.
What would we be if we couldn't share our regrets and mistakes with our children and other younger people?

By the way, he had a full-on interview with Eze some months ago and spoke on this very matter. I'm not sure you heard it but we discussed it here.
His case is like you going to LUTH today and advising final year students who have the opportunity to go to go to the UK to practise to stay in Naija. It just makes little sense.
Bro, if I had regrets coming to the UK, I would definitely share my views with young doctors about to make the same move.
In fact, doctors aside, I advise young Nigerians planning on coming here to think twice if they have reached a certain age. That's another topic but specifically regarding the UK (don't know much about Canada or the US), by all means come over if you are still young but if you are approaching your mid-thirties and don't have transferrable skills, I'd actually advise against it.
Speaking for myself, I bear no bitterness towards the decisions he made in his career, I however think him giving advice to the NFF or whoever on how to convince folk to switch is a tad much. Let him leave that to the likes of Moses and Iwobi (bonafide potential England squad members) as someone said earlier.
I respect your opinion but don't agree with it. I think they ALL have something to offer by way of advice. :thumb: