We currently have 10 targetmen but only need two

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We currently have 10 targetmen but only need two

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Anybody care about defenders anymore? We have 10 strikers 2 slots and 1 ball for them to play with. Who will stop the other team's strikers? One day we will learn not to count our chickens before they hatch.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Anybody care about defenders anymore? We have 10 strikers 2 slots and 1 ball for them to play with. Who will stop the other team's strikers? One day we will learn not to count our chickens before they hatch.
We've been sounding the alarm on central defenders for a while now.
Once upon a time we were more than grateful to have the likes of Omeruo, Ajayi and Ekong in our team.
Now, levels don change and we are rightly questioning how good they really are.
Our central defence is now arguably our weakest link.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Anybody care about defenders anymore? We have 10 strikers 2 slots and 1 ball for them to play with. Who will stop the other team's strikers? One day we will learn not to count our chickens before they hatch.
Once upon a time we were more than grateful to have the likes of Omeruo, Ajayi and Ekong in our team.
I beg to disagree, we now have stability in central defence with the reunion of the oyinbo wall I.e. Ekong and Balogun. They may not be Nesta and Cannavaro but they're the best we've got and they work well together. Iti not a coincidence that the SE have had a clean sheet in their last 3 matches since the partnership was restored. I expect them to be our starting CD partnership in AFCON 2022 except injury or loss of form happens. The back-up, Awaziem, Omeruo, Akpoguma, Ajayi, Torunarigha and Adarabioyo ( if they sign up for us) will be fighting for 2 spots.
Ekong's previous experience in Serie A and his upcoming experience in the EPL will obviously improve his game, while Balogun will be experiencing the UCL for the first time. The SE will definitely benefit from it.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I beg to disagree, we now have stability in central defence with the reunion of the oyinbo wall I.e. Ekong and Balogun. They may not be Nesta and Cannavaro but they're the best we've got and they work well together. Iti not a coincidence that the SE have had a clean sheet in their last 3 matches since the partnership was restored. I expect them to be our starting CD partnership in AFCON 2022 except injury or loss of form happens. The back-up, Awaziem, Omeruo, Akpoguma, Ajayi, Torunarigha and Adarabioyo ( if they sign up for us) will be fighting for 2 spots.
Ekong's previous experience in Serie A and his upcoming experience in the EPL will obviously improve his game, while Balogun will be experiencing the UCL for the first time. The SE will definitely benefit from it.
Dammy, I am not contesting that they are the best we've got.
What I am contesting is whether the best we have is actually good enough to allow us compete at the very top level.

With all due respect to Lesotho, RoBenin and S/Leone, they are not exactly ever going to be the best test of our defence.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

When Ekong and Balogun jam the forward line of say Spain, France or Belgium, una go no say khaki no be leda. You want to win titles with average players. Hmmmmmm.

Rohr should be bringing in more talented youngsters like Adarabioyo, Awazien and Omobamidele if he knows what he is doing. Balogun and Ekong will be shown a clean pair of heels anyday by the likes of Griezmann, Mbappe and Coman or Lukaku, Hazard and Mertens.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:When Ekong and Balogun jam the forward line of say Spain, France or Belgium, una go no say khaki no be leda. You want to win titles with average players. Hmmmmmm.

Rohr should be bringing in more talented youngsters like Adarabioyo, Awazien and Omobamidele if he knows what he is doing. Balogun and Ekong will be shown a clean pair of heels anyday by the likes of Griezmann, Mbappe and Coman or Lukaku, Hazard and Mertens.
When you pack the defence with these youngsters, where is the experience coming from?
You do know that experience counts for something, right?
Particularly in defence. :idea:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:When Ekong and Balogun jam the forward line of say Spain, France or Belgium, una go no say khaki no be leda. You want to win titles with average players. Hmmmmmm.

Just like they did at the last world cup? You just like yarning.............
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Are you new to CE?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

azuka wrote: Your list isn't complete, that Moffi guy in France MUST come into the equation. My 2 will be Osimhen and Moffi.
Moffi dreams of World Cup with Super Eagles, to win African Footballer of Year
by Score Nigeria Editor
May 7, 2021 4:47 pm

The father of FC Lorient striker Terem Moffi has opened up on the big dreams of his son which include playing for the Super Eagles at the World Cup and being crowned CAF African Footballer of the Year like some of his illustrious compatriots.

Leo Moffi revealed: “He dreams of playing for Nigeria at the World Cup.

“He also believes that if his career follows the right path, playing for the right clubs and with the right coaches, he can become the African Footballer of the Year and win the Golden Ball.”

Moffi, a former goalkeeper of Enugu Rangers and several other top Nigerian clubs, further said the rise of the young striker, who will be 22 later this month, did not come as a surprise.

“Terem’s decision to become professional has nothing to do with my career,” said Moffi senior, a lawyer.

“He was a child who very early on showed exceptional skills for football. I am not surprised by what he has shown so far, I saw it in him when he was only three or four years old.

“He grew up in an environment where virtually all little boys played soccer. His two older brothers were also good footballers. One of them might even have been a better striker than Terem if he hadn’t decided to go to school, and if he wasn’t a doctor today.”

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/moffi-dream ... r-of-year/
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:

Very unintelligent talk. How can a 32 year old player be the same four years after his last World Cup?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

have you ever in your life counted any chicken?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Very unintelligent talk. How can a 32 year old player be the same four years after his last World Cup?
You should know more about unintelligent talk as you are the master of gibberish on the forum.
Thiago Silva will be 37 next world cup and is still playing as well as he did in the last world cup. Age may have slowed you down but definitely not Balogun, who will be playing in the UCL for the first time next season!!
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

You should know more about unintelligent talk as you are the master of gibberish on the forum.
Thiago Silva will be 37 next world cup and is still playing as well as he did in the last world cup. Age may have slowed you down but definitely not Balogun, who will be playing in the UCL for the first time next season!!
Are you aware of the fact that Chigozie Awaziem is now the captain of Boavista?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Are you aware of the fact that Chigozie Awaziem is now the captain of Boavista?
Are you aware that he has had 2 red cards and missed several matches due to suspension because of accumulated yellow cards?
I am happy
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Damunk wrote:
azuka wrote: Your list isn't complete, that Moffi guy in France MUST come into the equation. My 2 will be Osimhen and Moffi.
by Score Nigeria Editor

The father of FC Lorient striker Terem Moffi has opened up on the big dreams of his son which include playing for the Super Eagles at the World Cup and being crowned CAF African Footballer of the Year like some of his illustrious compatriots.

“He also believes that if his career follows the right path, playing for the right clubs and with the right coaches, he can become the African Footballer of the Year and win the Golden Ball.”

Moffi, a former goalkeeper of Enugu Rangers and several other top Nigerian clubs, further said the rise of the young striker, who will be 22 later this month, did not come as a surprise.

“Terem’s decision to become professional has nothing to do with my career,” said Moffi senior, a lawyer.

“He was a child who very early on showed exceptional skills for football. I am not surprised by what he has shown so far, I saw it in him when he was only three or four years old.

“He grew up in an environment where virtually all little boys played soccer. His two older brothers were also good footballers. One of them might even have been a better striker than Terem if he hadn’t decided to go to school, and if he wasn’t a doctor today.”

Waoh! His father must be Murphy Leonard, UNN goalkeeper and briefly Enugu Rangers. Murphy and Chuka Iwobi, Alex’s father, were in the same UNN team in the 80’s with Murphy joining Rangers and Chuka Vasco.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ukwala wrote:
Damunk wrote:
by Score Nigeria Editor

Waoh! His father must be Murphy Leonard, UNN goalkeeper and briefly Enugu Rangers. Murphy and Chuka Iwobi, Alex’s father, were in the same UNN team in the 80’s with Murphy joining Rangers and Chuka Vasco.
Correct.
It is on record that Terem Moffi and Alex Iwobi are childhood friends because their fathers are friends.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nice one Damunk...wasn't aware of this connection.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Damunk wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Damunk wrote:
by Score Nigeria Editor

Correct.
It is on record that Terem Moffi and Alex Iwobi are childhood friends because their fathers are friends.

Yea, that's Murphy. Interesting! Very good goalkeeper but didn't hang around long enough to make a push for the Green Eagles.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ukwala wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Damunk wrote:
by Score Nigeria Editor

Correct.

Yea, that's Murphy. Interesting! Very good goalkeeper but didn't hang around long enough to make a push for the Green Eagles.
Murphy or Moffi?
I am happy
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Dammy wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Damunk wrote:
by Score Nigeria Editor

Correct.

Murphy or Moffi?
In UNN and Enugu Rangers he was known as Murphy Leonard.