where are those forcing junks on the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
where are those forcing junks on the SE

Post by Bigpokey24 »

just look at the crap adebariyo is playing juventus ko juventus ni..dude is crap.. relegation all but confirmed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: where are those forcing junks on the SE

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote:just look at the crap adebariyo is playing juventus ko juventus ni..dude is crap.. relegation all but confirmed
Who is that? Ghana man!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

What's your point, he's a bad player because his team is losing or being relegated? Aren't there 10 other players on the field?
Bigpokey24 wrote:just look at the crap adebariyo is playing juventus ko juventus ni..dude is crap.. relegation all but confirmed
Last edited by olu on Tue May 11, 2021 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

olu wrote:What's your point, he's a bad playing because his team is losing or being relegated? Aren't there 10 other players on the field?
could you explain what you were trying to convey? i really do not understand this statement
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We really hyped these guys sha
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:We really hyped these guys sha
yall sure did, with our regular two stoogies kongi and damunk. Taribo west single handedly pulled Derby county out of the relegation spot
these players are overhyped and pure junks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7J1KlVIcRw[/video]
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I was never really sold on Adarabioyo. His biggest asset is his age frankly.

Lookman will be a great addition to SE.

So Aina is suddenly junk ?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

vancity eagle wrote:I was never really sold on Adarabioyo. His biggest asset is his age frankly.

I am not impressed with Ola Aina. Just another average player
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

You probably understood despite the typo.
olu wrote:What's your point, he's a bad player because his team is losing or being relegated? Aren't there 10 other players on the field?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ola Aina, Tosin and Lookman failed to save Fulham and so are now all officially 'junks', right?
Collins, Omeruo, Awaziem, Moses and Kalu must be so relieved.
Oh.....and Ajayi too. :D

So we are 'set'. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:
Who is that? Ghana man!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He's an 'American' o! From Alaka.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

vancity eagle wrote:I was never really sold on Adarabioyo. His biggest asset is his age frankly.

Aina is a decent defender and versatile at the back. Definitely needed in SE ,especially given our clearly limited abilities at the back. Lookman does not cut it, never has. Adarabioyo is just OK. Not assertive, and his game does not seem to have developed from his Man City days (meaning the potential or room for growth does not seem to be there).

Only Aina makes it, and he is already a vital SE squad member.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sheikh wrote:

Aina is a decent defender and versatile at the back. Definitely needed in SE ,especially given our clearly limited abilities at the back. Lookman does not cut it, never has. Adarabioyo is just OK. Not assertive, and his game does not seem to have developed from his Man City days (meaning the potential or room for growth does not seem to be there).

Which of our CDs is more than "just OK" in your opinion?
I think we can agree that 'just OK' really isn't good enough and like you said, we have "limited abilities at the back".

This has been my argument for a while and what we currently have at the back (CD) is really no more than 'just ok'.
In fact, for me, Ajayi and Omeruo are actually 'not okay'.

That's just my opinion, if that's okay. :)
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Undertaker wrote:

I am not impressed with Ola Aina. Just another average player
I had so much high hopes for Aina when he was at Chelsea. He seems slow and overweight.
I am happy
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Damunk wrote:
Sheikh wrote:

I think we can agree that 'just OK' really isn't good enough and like you said, we have "limited abilities at the back".

This has been my argument for a while and what we currently have at the back (CD) is really no more than 'just ok'.

I fully agree Omeruo and Ajayi are not good enough. We do have serious limitations at the centre back, relative to other positions, and therefore leakages to be easily exploited by good opposing coaches. It is a problem. That does not mean that we have to include Adarabioyo (will only worsen the already bad lot).

I think Troost is not the best but he has experience and drive going for him. Balogun is also experienced, but is slow, passing his prime and has never really been convincing to managers at any of his clubs. Awaziem has some potential. But there is not really much in the tank to select from, and so the net will need to be cast wider. For example, Fikayo Tomori at Milan could be persuaded. Also, the young Valentine Ozornwafor (although he is yet to break into the team in Galatasaray) has strong potential.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Sheikh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sheikh wrote:

I fully agree Omeruo and Ajayi are not good enough. We do have serious limitations at the centre back, relative to other positions, and therefore leakages to be easily exploited by good opposing coaches. It is a problem. That does not mean that we have to include Adarabioyo (will only worsen the already bad lot).

I think Troost is not the best but he has experience and drive going for him. Balogun is also experienced, but is slow, passing his prime and has never really been convincing to managers at any of his clubs. Awaziem has some potential. But there is not really much in the tank to select from, and so the net will need to be cast wider. For example, Fikayo Tomori at Milan could be persuaded. Also, the young Valentine Ozornwafor (although he is yet to break into the team in Galatasaray) has strong potential.
Forgot to mention Akpoguma. He was wrongly played out of position by our technically deficient Rohr. He is now back from injury at Hoffenheim and scored in their last game on Sunday.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sheikh wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sheikh wrote:

Forgot to mention Akpoguma. He was wrongly played out of position by our technically deficient Rohr. He is now back from injury at Hoffenheim and scored in their last game on Sunday.
What I would immediately do would be to drop Ajayi and replace with Akpoguma for starters.
I wouldnt think twice about that.
As for Adarabioyo, he hasn't committed and even if he does, the switch would still take a while. But if all that was somehow sorted tomorrow, I'd invite him at the expense of Omeruo and see how he fits in. That leaves Ekong, Balogun and Awaziem untouched. I'm not exactly the greatest of Balogun's fans, and believe he has never really shown any defensive genius. In Scotland, the opposition is severely limited and he couldn't really cut it in the Premiership with Brighton & Hove Albion.

But I'd push really hard for Torunarhiga.
No-one really knows the true state of affairs with the guy, but from what I've seen I fancy him over ALL our current centre back options.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Damunk wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sheikh wrote:

What I would immediately do would be to drop Ajayi and replace with Akpoguma for starters.
I wouldnt think twice about that.
As for Adarabioyo, he hasn't committed and even if he does, the switch would still take a while. But if all that was somehow sorted tomorrow, I'd invite him at the expense of Omeruo and see how he fits in. That leaves Ekong, Balogun and Awaziem untouched. I'm not exactly the greatest of Balogun's fans, and believe he has never really shown any defensive genius. In Scotland, the opposition is severely limited and he couldn't really cut it in the Premiership with Brighton & Hove Albion.

But I'd push really hard for Torunarhiga.
No-one really knows the true state of affairs with the guy, but from what I've seen I fancy him over ALL our current centre back options.
All good points. I think we are agreed then on Ekong, Balogun, Awaziem and Akpoguma, with some skepticism about Ekong and Balogun?. On current form, I would hesitate to add Jordan Torunarigha. Hertha is currently struggling in the Bundesliga, and it says a lot that he is not first choice. If we had to push to convert (nationality) a defender, I would rather put some effort in convincing Fikayo. Not Adarabioyo, who will not be an improvement to where we are. If we were better organized, we could put in a stronger PR effort to convince Fikayo, and Eze (for the midfield); both are worthwhile and will bring a lot more improved options. Lastly, a visionary coach with technical acumen would hone/ease Nwakali and Ozornwafor into the team; this would them more confidence. Worthwhile, as I can foresee both having a lot to offer in the very near future - immensely talented and naturally skilled in the Nigerian football variety.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The fact is that the SE doesn't have the luxury of calling on the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Ramos etc. Adarabioyo and Lookman, if called up will be competing against the likes of Ekong (Championship player) Balogun (Scottish Premier League) Moses Simon, Chukwueze, Kalu, Onyekuru, etc. All these players are on the same level more or less.

That said, Lookman has not been impressing me of late. His flair seems to have deserted him.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

... and some are still hyping them despite unbelievably underwhelming performances❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
... and some are still hyping them despite unbelievably underwhelming performances❗️

Cheers.
Chief, you 'hype' players (your choice of verb) because you think they are just as good as - or even better than - what you already have. Then you choose to have a closer look. Simple.

If you are satisfied with what we have at the moment, say so. Good for you.
Then you can feel free to hype them - like you have undoubtedly 'hyped' players at some point in the past, some of whom you got wrong.

Nobody is here to force mediocre players on the SE.
We just want to get the best available to feature, unlike the 'Hey You' philosophy of the past which I'd like to assume you were absolutely against. :idea:
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Cheers.
Guys, let's be real. The performances of Adarabioyo and Aina (infact, the whole Fulham defence) was not the reason they were relegated. For goals conceded (47) they would have been joint 14th on the table, which is not bad at all. The real reason they got relegated is that they were totally useless going forward which is Lookman's department. They couldn't score to save their lives. They have scored a total of 25 goals. The only team they are better than in this respect is Sheffield United that have scored 18. To put it into further perspective, Harry Kane on his own has 21 goals. Let's keep emotions aside Adarabioyo and Aina did very well this season, but if you don't score you can't win football games.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Adisboy wrote:

Cheers.
Guys, let's be real. The performances of Adarabioyo and Aina (infact, the whole Fulham defence) was not the reason they were relegated. For goals conceded (47) they would have been joint 14th on the table, which is not bad at all. The real reason they got relegated is that they were totally useless going forward which is Lookman's department. They couldn't score to save their lives. They have scored a total of 25 goals. The only team they are better than in this respect is Sheffield United that have scored 18. To put it into further perspective, Harry Kane on his own has 21 goals. Let's keep emotions aside Adarabioyo and Aina did very well this season, but if you don't score you can't win football games.
The beauty is always in the eye of the beholder :idea: ❗️

Cheers.