Ndidi is Key

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Ndidi is Key

Post by highbury »

After partially viewing Kante's performance, I think Ndidi in Manutd or Man city will further help their team. These 2 teams are lacking in defensive midfield department which Ndidi fulfils. My team sucks so I am not even going to contemplate him going there. What do you guys think?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi is Key

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Since you only had a partial view maybe things improve once you get a full view and see clearly. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Not sure Kante is the case for Ndidi at the Manchester clubs.

Kante has really evolved since he left Leicester and is not more your traditional midfield shield, which is frankly what Ndidi is. Indeed, Kante often plays - as he did in the game yesterday that you reference - in front of another midfielder, in this case Jorginho. He tends to initiate the press, break up play further upfield and cover a lot of ground from box to box. It’s sort of the role Etebo played at the last ANC.

In Ndidi’s current role, I doubt city will be interested. They’ve got Rodri and we’re yet to hear what will happen to Fernandinho. Both provide that defensive shield but give you more in the other half of the field. Pep doesn’t seem to want the sort of relentless ball winner that Ndidi is, and he’s never really played with one.

Of the big north east clubs I can United and Liverpool as more likely destinations for Ndidi. Both play with more defined lines between the midfield and the attack and as Henderson ages Fabhino will need a more solid partner. United similarly lack that defensive solidity and could use more aggressive base to the more flair players further ahead.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

waka-man wrote:Not sure Kante is the case for Ndidi at the Manchester clubs.

Kante has really evolved since he left Leicester and is not more your traditional midfield shield, which is frankly what Ndidi is. Indeed, Kante often plays - as he did in the game yesterday that you reference - in front of another midfielder, in this case Jorginho. He tends to initiate the press, break up play further upfield and cover a lot of ground from box to box. It’s sort of the role Etebo played at the last ANC.

In Ndidi’s current role, I doubt city will be interested. They’ve got Rodri and we’re yet to hear what will happen to Fernandinho. Both provide that defensive shield but give you more in the other half of the field. Pep doesn’t seem to want the sort of relentless ball winner that Ndidi is, and he’s never really played with one.

Of the big north east clubs I can United and Liverpool as more likely destinations for Ndidi. Both play with more defined lines between the midfield and the attack and as Henderson ages Fabhino will need a more solid partner. United similarly lack that defensive solidity and could use more aggressive base to the more flair players further ahead.
Thanks greatly for your contribution.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Since you only had a partial view maybe things improve once you get a full view and see clearly. :thumb:
OK
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Ndidi that cannot trap ball, you want him to go to Man City lol.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Robotnik wrote:Ndidi that cannot trap ball, you want him to go to Man City lol.
some folks are just ____. blunt. He can of course trap but I think I see what you're trying to say. I'm not sure he is Man City type