Nigeria 0 Cameroon 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 0 Cameroon 0 LIVE

Post by naijaguy »

vancity eagle wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Anayo has been poor so far..
what else is new.

He has been poor every time he has stepped onto the pitch for SE

then they will tell us why Rohr doesn't pick homebased.
Moffi you are hyping hasn't shown anything special in the two games he has appeared..
not hyping him.

Just said he needed to be looked at because Onuachu is not it.

Moffi at least created a chance for himself, something Onuachu did not do in 2 matches.
Lol. You clearly didn't watch the first of the friendlies.
What Onuachu has achieved as a sub for Nigeria, Moffi may probably just be dreaming about it. Facts oo
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

deanotito wrote:I think Cameroon has showed how to beat Nigeria though. That's all I go say for now
But this is not the Nigerian team any team will face in a competive match.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We actually played really well, especially considering how many new players we had.

We were easily the better team.

Anybody who says otherwise is not being honest.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...terrible picture, very dizzying to watch. Poor NFA went to Europe with one camera. Tufiakwa, what are they ever good at?
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

deanotito wrote:I think Cameroon has showed how to beat Nigeria though. That's all I go say for now
In a competitive match, dem go hia wen :lol: :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

This team is horrible! Badly coached too! Lots of below average players on the team. Who is the guy wearing number 21? That dude isn't a SE player!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

vancity eagle wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Marcus has impressed me so far..

hard to say.

He was trying to make things happen. A few misplaced passes. Definately better than Iwuala though, but I dont think he is better than the likes of Onyekuru, Ejuke, Mukairu, Kalu.
Yes. But based on the few minutes he played in this game, he seem to have it. When you see a baller, you don't need a soothsayer..
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
what else is new.

Moffi you are hyping hasn't shown anything special in the two games he has appeared..
not hyping him.

Moffi at least created a chance for himself, something Onuachu did not do in 2 matches.
If he actually made runs he would have had more chances created for him. I don't know how he can be a striker and be so static...mschew on to the next ones...Sadiq/Nwankwo part 2...

Moffi didn't really take the opportunity tbh.

Its now on to Sadiq, who I have been saying all along should be our number 2 striker.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:This team is horrible! Badly coached too! Lots of below average players on the team. Who is the guy wearing number 21? That dude isn't a SE player!

Seriously?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:
But this is not the Nigerian team any team will face in a competive match.
Bro, honestly, if Nigeria does not start Osimhen - someone that can actually hurt you on the break - this is exactly the Nigerian team you will face.

For Nigeria to counter, we need a viable attacking midfielder. We don't have one

I would encourage Rohr to learn from Cameroon's set up in this game. I didn't watch Game 1, so I can only speak to this one.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

What a mess. Cameroon fielded a weaker team in this game and performed better than the last game. One coach won and got better, the other coach lost the game and some how got worse.

It’s not the players, it’s Rohr. I’ve seen many versions of the Super Eagles, never seen anything this timid and non-progressive.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The major positive for me over this 2 matches is Chidozie Awaziem. He has been impeccable at the back, winning tackles and headers and distributing the ball from the back. He showed today why Boavista made him captain as he marshalled the defence alongside the rookie, Ozornwafor to keep the likes of Choupo-Moting and Ekambi, top rated strikers quiet.
I hope he gets a better club than Boavista in the summer, he's finally starting to fulfil the potentials we all saw when he emerged at Porto.
I am happy
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
what else is new.

not hyping him.

If he actually made runs he would have had more chances created for him. I don't know how he can be a striker and be so static...mschew on to the next ones...Sadiq/Nwankwo part 2...

Its now on to Sadiq, who I have been saying all along should be our number 2 striker.
Striker no be Nigeria problem now. We have those in abundance.....What we lack is a creative midfielder, and to some extent, decent defenders.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 Cameroon 0

Post by maceo4 »

BTW, wondering why Okoye started again? Weird after Rohr said he wouldn't...I don't get how you don't give other keepers a chance in back to back friendlies...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Undertaker wrote:This team is horrible! Badly coached too! Lots of below average players on the team. Who is the guy wearing number 21? That dude isn't a SE player!

the team was good today considering all the average players on the pitch.

much better performance today with the 3 man midfield. We should never play 442 again.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:BTW, wondering why Okoye started again? Weird after Rohr said he wouldn't...I don't get how you don't give other keepers a chance in back to back friendlies...
I honestly think Rohr misuses these friendly games. He fails to take opportunities to work on problematic areas. Why is Ndidi playing damn near 180 minutes? What do you hope to learn...that a top 5 DM in Europe is able to deal with Cameroon???
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

niyi wrote:What a mess. Cameroon fielded a weaker team in this game and performed better than the last game. One coach won and got better, the other coach lost the game and some how got worse.

It’s not the players, it’s Rohr. I’ve seen many versions of the Super Eagles, never seen anything this timid and non-progressive.

You guys are your LIES.

Nigeria was the better team in both matches, and we improved today.

Anything to get Rohr out I guess.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:

Seriously?
Yes! Seriously! The team is very bad! There is a reason they couldn't score a goal against a also bad Cameroon team
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Dammy wrote:The major positive for me over this 2 matches is Chidozie Awaziem. He has been impeccable at the back, winning tackles and headers and distributing the ball from the back. He showed today why Boavista made him captain as he marshalled the defence alongside the rookie, Ozornwafor to keep the likes of Choupo-Moting and Ekambi, top rated strikers quiet.
I hope he gets a better club than Boavista in the summer, he's finally starting to fulfil the potentials we all saw when he emerged at Porto.
Sorry, but for which world Chupo-Moting be "top rated striker"?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Seriously?
Yes! Seriously! The team is very bad! There is a reason they couldn't score a goal against a also bad Cameroon team

the reason they couldn't score is because they started with Onuachu and Musa. That is already minus 2 in attack.

We got better once the new players came on.

Iwobi, Simon, Ndidi, Awaziem all played very well

Marcus was OK

Moffi pressed more than Onuachu.

If Rohr just gets rid of the deadwoods and beefs up the midfield, we will be fine.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Strikers, a combined over 70 goals in Europe this season, cannot score a goal in 180mins vs Cameroon.
Last edited by Robotnik on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Seriously?
I won't say the team was bad or good. Tactics were a bit off from Rohr's part and he had square peg/round hole issues, but I tend to use these games to project how the SE would handle major tournaments....and I came away worried. Cameroon showed me a pretty formidable anti-Nigeria blueprint....one I had to see to believe
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
what else is new.

not hyping him.

He'll remain in the mix. Like Onuachu, his club form will give him plenty opportunities.